Yamaha EMX5 Powered Mixer
The Yamaha EMX5 features a high-efficiency power amp capable of 630W output power, and comes equipped with an overload protection function to improve reliability. A rugged, extremely portable enclosure with a powder-coated, impact resistant metal chassis adds to the console's durability while its versatile design easily adapts to horizontal or vertical placements in a variety of configurations.
The EMX5 is equipped with four mono input channels and four mono/stereo input channels, allowing up to 8 microphones, and line-level devices to be connected to each channel, and channel 4 can be used with Hi-Z inputs to connect instruments such as guitars or basses directly. Each unit is also equipped with 2 AUX SEND connections for a monitoring system or external effect devices, REC OUT unbalanced RCA-pin output jacks to connect an external recorder, and STEREO OUT TRS phone jacks to output the mixed stereo signal. The EMX5 also features speaker jacks which can be used with both TS phone and speakON plugs. It also features highly-efficient internal universal power supply for operation in any region around the globe.
This console features Yamaha's trademark 1-knob compressors as well as a comprehensive DSP section including 24 SPX effects, and speaker processor with presets tuned to perfectly match specific models of Yamaha's passive speaker lineup for optimum performance.
The EMX5 comes equipped with a Feedback Suppressor that utilizes a unique Yamaha seven-band notch-filter digital technology to instantly eliminate annoying and unwanted feedback with the single switch of a button. The EMX5 features 1-Knob Master EQ for applying optimized settings for SPEECH, MUSIC, and BASS BOOST.
Powerful & High Efficiency Class-D Amplifier
The EMX5 model features a built-in high-efficiency power amplifier of 2x630W of output power. Despite its low power consumption, this amp is capable of very high volume output, yet still manages to remain surprisingly lightweight. It also comes equipped with an onboard overload protection function to improve reliability and prolong component life and performance quality.
Robust But Extremely Portable Design
The EMX5 benefits from a robust and portable design with a rugged, impact-resistant, powder-coated metal chassis geared towards extended operation and road usage. Large handles on the front and back of the enclosure make it extremely portable, and also help to protect knobs and terminals on the surface of the chassis from impact or pressure during transport.
Easy Setup, Easy Operation
With its intuitive, user-friendly architecture, the EMX5 can be setup and operated quickly and easily by users with a fundamental understanding of sound reinforcement. Its versatile enclosure design allows users to choose from a variety of vertical or horizontal placements depending on the type of application. From a tabletop, floor, or installation environment no matter used on a tabletop or from a seated position with the mixer placed on the floor.
Complete Range of Input & Output Channels
Both the EMX5 is equipped with four mono input channels and four mono/stereo input channels, allowing up to 8 microphones, and line-level devices such as keyboards and portable playback device to be connected to each channel. In addition, channel 4 can be used with Hi-Z inputs to connect instruments such as guitars or basses directly. Each model is also equipped with 2 AUX SEND connections for a monitoring system or external effect devices, REC OUT unbalanced RCA pin output jacks to connect an external recorder, and STEREO OUT TRS phone jacks to output the mixed stereo signal.
Onboard Feedback Suppressor
Few things make a live performance or speaking engagement take a negative turn like the sudden, uncomfortable, and often embarrassing howling of unwanted feedback. The EMX5 comes equipped with a Feedback Suppressor that utilizes a unique Yamaha digital technology to instantly eliminate annoying feedback with the single switch of a button, which utilizes a seven-band notch filter.
3-band Equalizer Control
With individual knobs you can adjust the [HIGH], [MID], and [LOW] audio frequencies. You can operate instantly turning the control to amplify (boost) and attenuate (cut) the corresponding frequency band.
1-Knob Master EQ (EMX5 only)
EMX5's 1-Knob Master EQ lets you apply optimized EQ settings with the simple turn of a knob. The SPEECH setting is geared towards meetings, seminars, or conferences with a limited lower end for clear, defined speech; MUSIC offers a more balanced sound tailored to acoustic or band performances; and BASS BOOST is ideal for DJ performances or audio playback that puts a priority on emphasizing the base sound.
The EMX5 is equipped with the popular 1-knob COMP function used in MGP and MG series models. By simply operating a single control, it is possible to get optimal compression for vocals and instruments. As the [COMP] control is turned to the right, the threshold, ratio, and output gain are adjusted simultaneously.
The EMX5 can be mounted onto a 19-inch rack by using the RK-EMX7 (rack-mount kit) sold separately.
Comprehensive, Professional Effects and Signal Processing
The EMX5 is equipped with a powerful, comprehensive DSP section that provides a total of 24 different effects that are in the same league as our famed SPX effect processor series used by professionals. It is possible to add reverb and delay effects that simulate the sound of different performance environments, such as concert halls and small clubs.
Flexible Speaker Connectivity
The EMX5 is equipped with speaker jacks which can be used with both TS phone and speakON plugs.
Internal Universal Power Supply
The EMX5 has a highly-efficient internal universal power supply, then offer worry-free operation in any region around the globe -- even in environments prone to potentially damaging power fluctuations. An internal power supply also simplifies rack mounting of the console for installed applications, eliminating the need for a bulky adapter or additional connections.
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Yamaha products.
- Inputs: TOTAL 12 channels, 8 Mono (MIC/LINE), 4 Stereo (LINE)
- Phantom power: +48 V
- Outputs: SPEAKERS [A, B], AUX1 SEND, AUX2 SEND, STEREO OUT [L, R], REC OUT [L, R]
- Control and others: FOOT SWITCH : Effect Mute on/off
- Bus: Stereo: 1, AUX 2 (Including FX)
- Input Channel Function:
- PAD: 30 dB (CH1-4)
- Hi-Z: Supported (CH4)
- HPF: 80 Hz, -12 dB/oct. (CH1-3)
- COMP: 1-knob COMP (CH1-4)
- EQ HIGH: 10 kHz +15 dB / -15 dB (Shelving)
- EQ MID: 2.5 kHz +15 dB / -15 dB (Peaking)
- EQ LOW: 100 Hz +15 dB / -15 dB (Shelving)
- On-board processors: DSP, SPX Algorithm 24 programs, Feedback suppressor, Graphic equalizer, Speaker processor
- On-board amplifiers:
- Maximum output power: @4ohms 1kHz THD+N less than 10% (CEA2006) : 710 W + 710 W, 1kHz THD+N less than 1% (CEA2006) : 600 W + 600 W
- Maximum output power: @8ohms 1kHz THD+N less than 10% (CEA2006) : 500 W + 500 W, 1kHz THD+N less than 1% (CEA2006) : 400 W + 400 W
- Level Meter: 2 x 12 points LED meter (-30, -25, -20, -15, -10, -6, -3, 0, +3, +6, +10, PEAK)
- Frequency response: Input to SPEAKERS : +1 dB/-3 dB (40 Hz to 20 kHz), Input to STEREO OUT, AUX1 SEND, AUX2 SEND : +0.5 dB/-1 dB (20 Hz to 20 kHz) , refer to the nominal output level @ 1 kHz
- Total harmonic distortion: Input to SPEAKERS: MIC/LINE =LINE (CH1-4): 0.1% @ 10 W (40 Hz to 20 kHz), 0.04% @ 65 W (1 kHz) ; Input to STEREO OUT, AUX1 SEND, AUX2 SEND: MIC/LINE =LINE (CH1-4): 0.02% @ +14 dBu (20 Hz to 20 kHz), 0.007% @ +20 dBu (1 kHz), (THD+N, measured with 22 kHz LPF)
- Hum & noise level:
- Equivalent input noise: -117 dBu (Noise is measured with A-weighting filter)
- Residual output noise: Input to SPEAKERS : -70 dBu(40Hz to 20kHz, STEREO MASTER LEVEL: min); Input to STEREO OUT, AUX1 SEND, AUX2 SEND : -82dBu(20Hz to 20kHz, STEREO MASTER LEVEL: min) (Noise is measured with A-weighting filter)
- Crosstalk: -85 dB (1 kHz, Measured with 1 kHz band pass filter)
- Protection circuit:
- Load protection: DC-fault
- Amplifier protection: Over heat protection, Over current protection, Integral power protection
- Power supply protection: Over heat protection, Over current protection
- Power requirements: AC 100-240V, 50Hz/60Hz
- Power consumption: 45 W (Idle) / 250 W (1/8 Power)
- Dimensions: W 465 mm (18 5/16"), H 308 mm (12 1/8"), D 325 mm (12 13/16")
- Net weight: 9.5 kg (20.9 lbs)
- Accessories: Owner's Manual, Technical Specifications, AC power cord (2.5 m)
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
- Base Item
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):
- Warehouse Resealed, Customer Return
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):