The Passive PA Subwoofer Everyone Can Afford
The Peavey PV 118 Passive Subwoofer is a great low-end reinforcement to round out your PA system. It delivers a deep, clean bass for a small price. If you need some booming bass in a small-to-medium-sized venue, the PV 118 is the way to go.
PV 118 Really Packs a Punch
For the price, you'll be getting a good boom. The PV 118 has an impressive 400W program power rating -- which delivers plenty of bass. Connect it to a good amp, and your sound won't rumble, rattle, or bottom-out. The speaker's bass can get to such a gut-pounding low because of its 18" cone. It can get down to 40 Hz, with a frequency range of 40 Hz to 180 Hz. The PV 118 is ideal for venues that want to add 400 watts of bass to their PA system without breaking the bank.
Designed for Ease-of-Use
The PV 118 is very simple to use: just plug it into your power amp with a 1/4-inch speaker cable, and you're ready to go. It has an internal low-pass crossover, so there's no need to buy an external crossover. Use the PV 118's built-in pole cup to mount a full-range PA speaker on top of the subwoofer, in a space-saving sub-satellite configuration. Because the PV 118 has a built-in crossover, you can feed it a full-range signal daisy-chained from your main speakers. Use the PV 118 anywhere you want to add more low-end punch to your PA system, from churches to bars. You can even use it for an outdoor party -- though the neighbors might tell you to turn it down.
Professional Look at a Great Price
The price tag may not be very big, but this subwoofer looks pretty high-dollar. It has a classic, all-black look with the Peavey logo proudly displayed on the grille. With Peavey's attention to detail, you can expect nothing less than a nicely carpeted cabinet and a heavy-duty grille. Its roadworthy design can take a bit of a beating. The grille is powder-coated and offers good protection for the big 18" speaker inside. And if you're a mobile DJ, the steel handles on the sides of the cabinet are sturdy for easy transportation from gig to gig.
PV Series: The Sound of Peavey
The PV Series is Peavey's line of high-quality gear that has an amazing sound -- for a price that won't clean out your bank account. It's considered Peavey's entry-level series, and is known for its quality, reliability, and reasonable cost. You'll be really impressed with how much you can get for so little.
- Vented bass subwoofer enclosure
- Pro Eighteen 18" premium woofer
- Optimized internal low-pass crossover network
- Pole mount adapter
- 400 watts program power handling
- 800 watts peak power capacity
- 40 Hz - 180 Hz (+/-3 dB)
- 95 dB at 1W/1m
- 8 ohms
- Dado jointed 3/4" MDF construction
- Heavy-duty powder-coated metal grille
Note: Unpowered speaker, requires separate power amplifier.
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Peavey products.
- Frequency Range (-10 dB, half space): 38 Hz to 500 Hz
- Frequency Response (+/- 3 dB anechoic): 40 Hz to 180 Hz
- Sensitivity (1 Watt/1 meter): 95 dB
- Power Rating (program): 400 Watts
- Peak Power Capacity: 800 Watts
- Maximum SPL: 118 dB
- Transducer Complement: 18" Heavy duty woofer with 3" voice coil and 65 oz. magnet
- Box Tuning Frequency: Low frequency section: 46 Hz
- Recommended Infrasonic Filter Frequency: 40 Hz, at a minimum of 18 dB/octave roll-off
- Recommended Crossover Frequency: 150 Hz or less
- Nominal Impedance (Z): 8 Ohms Input Connections: Two 1/4" phone jacks in parallel
- Enclosure Materials and Finish: MDF covered in black carpet
- Pole Socket Size: 1-3/8" (35 mm)
- Dimensions (H x W x L): 27.00" x 21.88" x 19.63"
- Weight: 73 lbs.
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
- Base Item
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):