Shure's Budget-Friendly Dynamic Vocal Mic
Give your live vocals that Shure treatment with the extremely affordable SM48 dynamic cardioid microphone. At 50 bucks, this handheld vocal mic is a steal -- the SM48's true cardioid pickup pattern and frequency response are perfect for vocals, and its shock mounted cartridge built-in pop filter work together to reduce handling noise, plosives, and other unwanted sounds that can ruin a performance. When it's time for your next performance, break out the Shure SM48 and know that your lead vocals, backups, and even other sound sources (try it on a guitar amp!) will come through crystal clear.
Tailor-Made for Vocals
A cardioid microphone, the SM48 picks up sounds from the front and rejects sounds from the sides and rear of the mic. Designed to provide excellent gain before feedback, this unidirectional mic works especially well when used with vocals and spoken word applications. Its frequency response of 55 Hz to 14 kHz is tailored just for vocals, with a bright midrange and bass roll-off to control proximity effect. In other words, your spoken words will come through articulately, with no muddy low end.
Handling noise is not an issue with this mic, as the SM48 sports a shock-mounted cartridge and built-in pop filter to keep environmental noise, plosive breath sounds, and other unwanted noises at bay. A steel mesh grille protects the microphone's sensitive internal circuitry.
Take the mic from rehearsal space to gig and back again with its included storage bag and handy stand adapter. If you want a reliable, high-quality vocal microphone and you're on a budget, check out the Shure SM48.
- Handheld dynamic vocal microphone
- Cardioid pickup pattern rejects off-axis sound and provides superior gain before feedback
- Frequency response of 55 Hz to 14 kHz, tailored for vocals, with brightened mid-range and bass roll-off to control proximity effect
- Shock mounted cartridge reduces handling noise
- Steel mesh grille protects sensitive internal circuitry
- Built-in pop filter reduces "plosives" (explosive breath sounds) and wind noise
- Lockable On/Off switch (Model SM48S only)
- XLR male connector
- Ruggedly constructed
- Comes with a stand adapter and a protective storage bag
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Shure products.
- Type: Dynamic
- Frequency Response: 55 to 14,000 Hz
- Connector: XLR professional audio
- Polarity: Positive pressure on diaphragm produces positive voltage on pin 2 with respect to pin 3
- Net Weight: 13.1 oz (370 grams)
- Packaged Weight: 1 lb, 8.5 oz (672 grams)
Polar Pattern: Cardioid (unidirectional)
- Rotationally symmetrical about microphone axis
- Uniform with frequency
Impedance: 150 ohms (270 ohms actual)
- For connection to inputs rated 19 to 300 ohms
Output Level (at 1,000 Hz): Open Circuit Voltage: -57.5 dBV/Pa (1.3 mV)
- 1 Pa = 94 dB SPLDimensions:
- Length: 6-17/32 inches (166 mm)
- Grille Diameter: 2-9/64 inches (54.2 mm)
- Input End Diameter: 27/32 inches (21.4 mm)
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
- SM48 LC
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):
- SM48S LC, with On/Off Switch
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):
- SM48 LC, with Tripod Stand and Mic Cable
- SM48S LC, with On/Off Switch, with Stand and Mic Cable