Sennheiser's Go-To Mic for Rack Toms and Snare!
Your durable Sennheiser e604 Evolution dynamic cardioid mic is optimized to capture the high-decibel hits of your snare drum and rack toms. With a wide frequency response of 40 Hz to 18 kHz, an insanely high maximum SPL of 160 dB, a secure shock mount to reduce handling noise, a cardioid polar pattern for serious bleed reduction, output impedance of 350 ohms, and incredibly low weight of only .13 pounds, this tiny, non-invasive captor of tone will deliver the goods with every drum hit.
Learn more about the Sennheiser e604:
Small, Almost Invisible Presence
Small and noninvasive, this little workhorse of a mic does its job without ever getting in the way. Drumming is a full-contact sport, and the last thing any drummer wants is a bunch of microphones stacked all around and over each drum head. You won't get all up in your drummer's personal space when you clip a couple of these on your snare and tom heads. It'll seem like it's not even there during your session.
Wide Frequency Response and Amazing SPL Handling
Your e604 harnesses a lot of strength and durability, which is perfect for the high decibel level produced by hitting drum heads. An amazingly high maximum SPL of 160 dB means that you'll be able to hit your snare and toms as hard as you want without dealing with any distortion. This little mic also has a wide frequency response of 40 Hz to 18 kHz, so each hit will contain a big, full-bodied sound.
Advanced Shock Mounting for Smoother Capture
The physicality of hitting a drum set requires the necessity of using microphones that can handle the substantial intensity that comes with the territory. Your Sennheiser e604 Evolution dynamic cardioid mic comes with an advanced shock mounting system that holds your mic securely to your drums while providing flexibility and superior shock absorption. You can always count on a consistent and pristine capture with every hit. Plus, fewer stands to get in the way of the drums and the drummer.
Dynamic Microphone with Cardioid Polar Pattern
Being a dynamic mic with a cardioid polar pattern, this little tool is very directional. You don't have to worry too much about bleed from hitting your other heads or cymbals during your recording session. This makes gating a breeze during mixing, so you can get a nice, modern, and consistently clean capture.
- Frequency response of 40 Hz to 18 kHz
- Dynamic microphone with cardioid polar pattern
- Noninvasive -- weighs only .13 pounds
- Connects via XLR
- Reliable shock mount for smooth capture
- High Maximum SPL of 160 dB
- Assured feedback rejection
- Output impedance of 350 ohms
- Great for either snare drum or rack tom
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Sennheiser products.
- Frequency response: 40Hz - 18kHz
- Transducer principle: Pressure gradient receiver
- Pickup pattern: Cardioid
- Front-to-back-rejection at 1kHz at 120 degrees: >25dB
- Sensitivity (free field, no load) 1kHz: 1.8mV/Pa = -55dB (0dB=1V/Pa), 1.8mV/Pa = -75dB (0dB=1V/mbar) (USA)
- Nominal impedance at 1kHz: 350 ohms
- Min. terminating impedance: 1000 ohms
- Sensitivity in free field, no load (1kHz): 1.8 mV/Pa
- Weight: 2.1 oz. (60 g)
- Dimensions: 1.3 x 2.3 in. (33 x 59mm)
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
- Single Microphone
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):