Numark MIXDECK DJ CD USB MP3 Player
The Numark MixDeck is an all-in-one digital DJing system with everything needed to throw a bangin' party in one box.
Even without a computer, the Numark MixDeck can read audio and digital music data from a huge variety of sources. The Numark MixDeck features dual CD decks that play both audio CDs and MP3 data CD-Rs. In addition, a USB jack reads audio files directly off a flash drive, and a universal iPod dock allows users to mix straight from their iDevice (or the iDevice of a club-goer who just HAS to hear a certain tune). The Numark MixDeck's external RCA inputs provides access to virtually any other audio player or source. Hook the Numark MixDeck up to a computer via USB and scratch files right from the computer with DJ software.
Get a great overview of the MixDeck in this video from Numark:
Two CD Decks and an Analog Mixer
Just because the MixDeck is an all-in-one DJ solution doesn't mean Numark skimped on the important details. Two genuine Numark CD decks are incorporated in to the core design of the MixDeck, and each deck is a fully functional DJ-style CD player with an illuminated control platter for cueing, beat-matching, and scratch techniques. In addition, each has a super-smooth loading mechanism, and two big, backlit LCD displays.
They display track information and even ID3 meta-data from CD's, CD-R's and flash drives, so users will always know exactly where they are as they shuffle through their library on the Numark MixDeck. A pitch control slider for each deck makes beat-matching and pitch-bending effects possible on the Numark MixDeck, and the big, rubberized transport controls feel great and are built to take abuse. The mixer section is a full-fledged three-channel mixer, with satisfying, replaceable faders and three-band EQ section with kill-controls. Numark really thought this mixer out, and it features everything a professional DJ really needs, including gain trim on every input, a microphone input, and a particularly awesome cueing section with dual headphone outputs and a mini-crossfader. The Numark MixDeck outputs include both XLR and 1/4-inch balanced outs for a truly professional connection to any house sound system or self-powered speakers.
Looping, Sampling, and Digital Effects
Numark didn't just stop at providing a solid foundation. The MixDeck also includes looping and sampling functions for complete, on-the-fly remixing capabilities, and a beat-syncing function that ensures seamless loops. The BPM-tracking also enhances the Numark MixDeck on-board digital effects, including chop, echo, flanger, pan, and phaser effects. Engaging the Key Lock button enables the MixDeck to play with a track's tempo without altering the pitch.
Control Surface and DJ Software Integration
The MixDeck doubles as an natural-feeling yet powerful USB DJ control surface when hooked up to a laptop. The Mixer deck sends information via MIDI over USB, and can be used with a wide variety of mixing software. There's even direct stereo outs on each deck to feed into a timecode interface like the Serato SL3 or NI Audio 8 for Traktor. And, to top it all off, the Numark MixDeck ships with a copy of Virtual DJ LE.
The Numark MixDeck is an all-in-one DJ system. It's part DJ CD player, part DJ controller and a complete DJ tool for today's players who don't limit themselves to just one form of music storage.
-Complete system with CD/MP3/USB decks, mixer, iPod dock and computer audio and MIDI interface
- Play audio from CDs, MP3 CDs, iPod, USB flash drives, computers or external inputs
- Record and archive directly to an iPod
- Mixer with EQ/rotary kills, replaceable crossfader, and complete controls for iPod
- High quality computer interface for up to 24-bit, 88.2kHz audio
- Outputs (all stereo): Main (balanced XLR & RCA), Booth (RCA), Record (RCA), Deck 1 (RCA), Deck 2 (RCA), Cue (1/8" & 1/4")
- DSP effects (Beat Synced) with wet-dry fader: chop, echo, filter, flanger, pan, phaser
- Slot-loading drives with large, touch-sensitive illuminated platters
- Control MIDI software via USB without timecode
- CD direct outputs for use with timecode interfaces
- Adjustable start and stop time for real-feel, vinyl-like deck performance
- Automatic Tap Tempo and BPM analyzer for manual BPM entry
- Slide BPM +/-6, 12, 25, and 100% or bend with pitch buttons
- Key Lock holds pitch as you independently manipulate its BPM
- Seamless looping, sampling, and easily accessible hot cues
- Cut or reverse the track while keeping time moving forward with Bleep/Reverse
- Single-track, continuous, and programmable playback
- Fader Start plays the cued track when you move the crossfader
- Two large, backlit displays for BPM, CD/MP3 text tags, and folder navigation
For more than 30 years, Numark has been designing gear to meet the needs of all levels of DJ, from beginner to professional. They continue their tradition of innovation by producing breakthrough products for the ever-growing number of digital DJs.
- MixDeck universal DJ system
- Virtual DJ LE
- USB cable
- Audio driver CD
- Power supply
- Quick start guide
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Numark products.