Your Go-To Closed-Back Cans for the Recording Studio and Beyond
When recording, mixing, and mastering, hearing every detail is essential -- it's what makes a mix translatable across multiple systems. Monitoring with a well-rounded pair of headphones like the Audio-Technica ATH-M50x opens up a range of sonic characteristics that are often hard to pick up on when using speakers. The ATH-M50x utilizes a closed-back, over-the-ear design, which helps bring clicks, pops and ambience to the forefront, allowing you to get the sound you need without hassle. They're excellent cans for critical listening.
Large Drivers for Superior Sound
By using powerful neodymium magnets rather than more common ferrite magnets, the Audio-Technica ATH-M50x headphones are able to take advantage of large-aperture 45 mm drivers without adding unwanted weight or bulk. The larger drivers paired with efficient magnets offer many advantages over similarly priced headphones. For instance, exceptional power handling gives the ATH-M50x headphones their clear, extended range of 15 - 28,000 Hz, well beyond the range of human hearing. This helps make sure no subtle harmonic frequency goes unnoticed. Another advantage is a near-instant driver response, which is essential for getting accurate reproduction of drums and other instruments that have a quick attack time.
Foldable Design with Swiveling Earcups
Headed to a remote recording gig or session? These foldable, fully collapsible headphones fit easily in your bag. The ATH-M50x's 180-degree rotatable earcups let you monitor with both ears when you need to mix in cans, or with one ear while tracking or cueing up mixes.
Three Detachable Cable Options
Since cable issues are the most common way for headphones to break, ATH-M50x headphones come with three detachable options: a 9.8' (when stretched) coiled cable, which cuts down on both potential tangles and damage to the connector when the cable is pulled too hard, a 9.8' straight cable and a shorter 3.9' straight cable. Thanks to the lightweight metal design and included carrying pouch, you can rest assured that these headphones will stand up to the wear and tear of an active musician's life.
Extra Padding for Excellent Isolation
Getting the perfect sound can take time, so it's important to have headphones that will keep pace with your creative process and won't cause any strain during those long mixing sessions. The Audio-Technica ATH-M50x headphones were designed with a padded, fully adjustable headband and earcups, which cuts down on fatigue and lets you focus on your mix. Superior padding isn't only great for comfort, it also adds passive noise isolation. By cutting down on ambience from outside your signal, you'll get a truer idea of your sound. Over time, the thick padding conforms to your head, adding a greater seal and a customized fit.
Get an overview of the Audio-Technica ATH-M50x Headphones in this video demo:
- Collapsible design and included pouch for easy portability
- Three detachable cables included: 9.8' coiled cable, 9.8' straight cable and 3.9' straight cable.
- Thick earpads to stay comfortable even during long mixes
- Closed-back design
- 1/8-inch connector with 1/4-inch screw-on adapter
- Adjustable headband
- Neodymium magnets
- 99 dB sensitivity
- 15 - 28,000 Hz frequency response
- Each side swivels 90 degrees for single-ear monitoring
- Rugged metal design
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Audio-Technica products.
- Type: Closed-back dynamic
- Driver Diameter: 45 mm
- Magnet: Neodymium
- Voice Coil: CCAW (Copper-clad aluminum wire)
- Frequency Response: 15 - 28,000 Hz
- Maximum Input Power: 1,600 mW at 1 kHz
- Sensitivity: 99 dB
- Impedance: 38 ohms
- Weight: 285 g (10 oz), without cable and connector
- Cable: Interchangeable cables: detachable 1.2 m - 3.0 m (3.9' - 9.8') coiled cable, detachable 3.0 m (9.8') straight cable and detachable 1.2 m (3.9') straight cable
- Accessories Included: Protective carrying pouch, 6.3 mm (1/4") screw-on adapter
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):
- Blemished, Black, USED
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):