The Shure SM58 has been the "go-to" microphone for musicians, producers, and sound engineers around the world for more than 40 years running. No other mic in your arsenal can match its legendary reputation for great sound and rugged dependability. With a Shure SM58 on the stage, you can forget about the microphone and concentrate on your performance.
- Tailored, brightened midrange response that flatters most voices and gives your vocals an extra boost, helping them cut through the mix
- Built-in spherical filter that helps minimize "pop" sounds
- Unidirectional cardioid pickup pattern helps minimize feedback
- Legendary Shure build quality
Engineered for Great-Sounding Vocals
The Shure SM58 features specially tuned mid-range response for boosted presence in your vocal tracks. While some mics let vocals get lost in the mix, the Shure SM58 cuts through instruments and positions the singer right out in front. Your music will gain the crisp focus that separates the professionals from the hobbyists.
Special Technology for Quiet Operation
Shure's unique spherical filter brings smoothness and clarity to both lead and backing vocals. On the SM58, wind and breath sounds are minimized, cutting down on ambient noise that can ruin recorded tracks and possibly damage live sound equipment. A tried-and-true internal shock mount also cleans up your performance by reducing handling noise. Those loud creaks and pops that result from pulling the mic out of its clip or adjusting its position can be completely avoided with the SM58. Plus, floor vibrations won't enter the signal stream when the Shure SM58 is mounted on a stand. Clean tracks always sit better in the mix, giving them their own space and texture. You'll be surprised at what pops out of your performance once the unwanted noise is gone.
Unidirectional Cardioid Pickup Pattern
Live sound stages and recording studios both rely on good microphone isolation for quality results. If one audio source bleeds over into another, it's hard to know what to fix and how to fix it. Fortunately, Shure SM58s have a unidirectional, cardioid pickup pattern for outstanding aiming control. Since sounds outside the pickup pattern are automatically rejected, you can position the mic to only "hear" your intended audio source. In the studio, you'll have clean, separated tracks for faster editing. On stage, you can be sure your input levels are strong without worrying about feedback. Either way, your project just got a whole lot easier. Shure includes a 180-degree rotating mic clip to help you get perfect mic placement, every time, with the SM58.
The SM58's tank-like durability has reached mythic status in the music world. Veteran rockers love to tell the tale of how they hammered the stage together with their Shure SM58, then sang through the whole gig without missing a beat. You'll be a part of the legend when you grasp the perfectly balanced die-cast metal handle and raise the rigid steel mesh grille up to your lips. It's hard not to feel the weight of all that music history when you realize your favorite artists hefted that same handle, delivering their lyrics through that same mesh grille.
The Drop Test
Nostalgic sentiment is nice, but how about some cold, hard evidence? The Shure SM58 met and conquered Shure's famous "drop test," falling ten times from a height of ten feet with no drop in performance! You know what happens at the live show. The energy is high, people are jumping around, and your mic stand is bound to get bumped. It's nice to know you can pick it up, dust it off, and get right back into the moment. Nothing will kill the vibe faster than telling the crowd to hang on a minute while you swap out equipment. With an SM58, you never have to stop!
Shure knows their audience, and they priced the SM58 accordingly. At this musician-friendly price, you can outfit the whole stage without breaking your tour (or studio) budget. Use the savings to try and find other gear that performs as well as the Shure SM58, if you can.
zZounds is an authorized dealer of
- Type: Dynamic (moving coil)
- Frequency Response: 50 to 15,000 Hz
- Polar Pattern: Unidirectional (cardioid), rotationally symmetrical about microphone axis, uniform with frequency Output Level (at 1,000 Hz)
- Open Circuit Voltage: -74.5 dB* (0.19 mV)
- Power Level: -56.0 dB**
- Impedance: Rated impedance is 150 (300 actual) for connection to microphone inputs rated low impedance
- Polarity: Positive pressure on diaphragm produces positive voltage on
pin 2 with respect to pin 3
- Connector: 3-pin professional audio connector (male XLR type)
- Case: Dark gray, enamel-painted, die cast metal; matte-finished,
silver colored, spherical steel mesh grille
- Overall Dimensions: 51 x 162 x 23mm (2 x 6-3/8 x 29/32 in.)
- Swivel Adapter: Positive-action, break-resistant, adjustable through 180 degrees, with standard 5/8 in.-27 thread
- Net Weight: 298 g (10.5 oz.)
*0 dB = 1 v/ bar
**0 dB = 1 mw/10 bar
- Dimensions and Weight in Packaging
- SM58 LC, without Cable
- Shipping Weight: 2 lbs
- SM58S LC, with On/Off Switch, without Cable
- Shipping Weight: 1 lbs
- SM58 CN, with Tripod Boom Stand and Mic Cable (20 Foot)
- Shipping Weight: 8 lbs
- SM58S, with On/Off Switch, and Tripod Boom Stand
- Shipping Weight: 8 lbs
- SM58 X2U, with X2U USB Adapter
- Shipping Weight: 2 lbs
If you have additional warranty questions,
please contact the manufacturer at 800-25-SHURE
Consistently the first choice of performers around the globe, the Shure SM58
vocal microphone is a genuine world standard and a true audio legend. The Shure SM58 is a unidirectional (cardioid) dynamic vocal microphone designed for professional vocal use in sound reinforcement and studio recording.
A highly effective, built-in, spherical filter on the SM58 minimizes wind and breath "pop" noise. A cardioid pickup pattern isolates the main sound source while minimizing unwanted background noise. The Shure SM58 has a tailored vocal response for a sound that is a world standard. Rugged construction, a proven shock mount system, and a steel mesh grille ensure that even with rough handling, the SM58 will perform consistently. Outdoors or indoors, singing or speech -- the Shure SM58 is the overwhelming choice of professionals worldwide.
- Frequency response tailored for vocals, with brightened midrange and bass roll-off
- Uniform cardioid pickup pattern isolates the main sound source and minimizes background noise
- Pneumatic shock mount system cuts down handling noise
- Effective, built-in spherical wind and pop filter
- Supplied with break-resistant stand adapter which rotates 180 degrees
- Legendary Shure quality, ruggedness, and reliability
- Cardioid (unidirectional) dynamic
- Frequency response: 50 to 15,000 Hz
S.N. Shure began his company's relationship with the products of personal sound by launching a one-man operation in 1925 that sold radio parts kits. Since then, Shure microphones and audio electronics have been the tools of choice for politicians, musicians, corporations, churches, and broadcasters across the world. Anyone who considers sound to be an important part of his or her self-expression has probably used one of Shure's microphones, phonograph needles, or other professional audio products.