Heavy on Sounds -- Under 11 Pounds!Designed with the gigging musician in mind, the Yamaha MX61 v2 offers all the professional sounds, effects, and performance features you could want in a super-lightweight keyboard. At only 10.6 pounds, the 61-key MX61 is easy to transport from studio to stage. Tap into the more than 1,000 voices taken directly from the Yamaha Motif XS series of synths, editable right on the keyboard. Standard 5-pin MIDI, audio, and USB I/O make it easy to integrate the MX61 into your setup. In the studio, advanced controller features give you hands-on control for DAWs and virtual instruments, and the included Steinberg Cubase AI software provides everything you need to get started making music right out of the box.
Over a Thousand Sounds at Your FingertipsFrom pianos and strings to drums and synth sounds, the MX61 has a voice for every purpose. This synth borrows its 1,000+ awesome voices from Yamaha's Motif XS series, making a pro soundset available in a significantly more affordable unit. The MX61's streamlined interface is easy to navigate, too, providing you with hands-on selection of all the voices as well as the ability to edit and store your own sounds directly on the keyboard.
Live performances are made all the better with the MX61's 16-part multi settings and 128-note polyphony. Switch between any of the 16 parts without the sound cutting off, and enjoy playing lush DAW MIDI tracks without dropping any notes.
VCM Effects for Vintage TonesGive your performance that '70s sound with the keyboard's built-in Virtual Circuit Modeling (VCM) effects, which simulate the vintage sounds of equalizer, flanger, phaser, and wah effects introduced by legendary keyboards from way back when.
Easy Split/Layer Performance ModeWhether you're noodling around, or finding sounds fast for a last-minute gig, you'll appreciate the MX61's split and layer functions available in Performance Mode. Combine two voices to play on the keyboard using the dedicated Split and Layer buttons -- each with their own arpeggiator -- and a dedicated part for a drum track.
Functions as an Audio/MIDI Interface -- Over One USB CableConnect your MX61 to your Mac, PC, or iOS device via USB to send and receive MIDI data and stereo audio over one cable. You'll be able to monitor your DAW tracks and all the sounds from virtual instruments via the headphone output of the MX61. Designed for professional music applications, the MX61's built-in digital-to-analog converters make your DAW's output sound great. Moreover, the MX interface is bi-directional so you can record the internal sounds of the MX61 directly to your computer without sending them through another conversion.
USB to Device Port and 1/8" Stereo InThere's no shortage of connectivity options on this synth. In addition to the USB audio/MIDI port, there's a USB to Device port so you can connect USB devices for storing MX data to external memory or for playing back WAV files directly from a USB stick. Add an MP3 player or tablet to your setup by connecting to the AUX input using a mini stereo cable.
Do More with Your DAWDedicated knobs and buttons allow you to use the MX61 as a controller for internal sounds, DAW parameters, and VST instruments. The keyboard's easy-to-use interface is combined with a remote template editor on your computer, which means that any of your VSTs can be set up to be controlled by the MX61. When using the MX61 with the included Cubase AI music-production software, you can mouse over any parameter, then use the MX61's large AI knob to control it.
Music-Production Software IncludedCubase AI offers 48 audio tracks and 64 MIDI tracks, notation, built-in VST effects, and much more. The MX61 also ships with instruments like Steinberg Prologue and the Yamaha YC-3B organ emulator, as well as Remote Template editors for setting up controls for VSTs. The MX61 provides everything you need to get started making music right away.
Features:- 61-Key synthesizer keyboard ideal for live performance and studio use
- Over 1,000 sounds from the Motif XS series
- Equipped with VCM effects, which add vintage flavor to your tones
- Easy Split /Layer Performance Mode lets you combine voices
- 16-Part multitimbral and 128-note polyphony for lush performances without note dropoff
- Extensive hands-on controls for VSTs and DAWs
- Bi-directional USB audio/MIDI interfacing
- Includes Steinberg Cubase AI music-production software, Steinberg Prologue, and Yamaha YC-3B
- Complete analog and digital connectivity: USB audio/MIDI port, USB to Device port, Aux 1/8" stereo input, L and R 1/4" line outputs
- Ultra-lightweight design (10.6 pounds)
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Yamaha products.
Dimensions and Weight:
Width: 984 mm (38.75 inches)
Height: 112 mm (4.4 inches)
Depth: 299 mm (11.8 inches)
Weight: 4.8 kg (10.6 lbs)
Number of Keys: 49
Initial Touch: Yes
Tone Generator: AWM2
Maximum Polyphony: 128 notes
Multi Timbral Capacity: 16 parts (Internal)
Wave Memory: Approx.166 MB (when converted to 16-bit linear format)
Voices Preset: 1,106 Normal Voices + 61 Drum Kits, GM: 128 Normal Voices + 1 Drum Kit, User: 128 Normal Voices + 8 Drum Kits
Performance User: 128 (16 parts)
- Reverb x 9 types (42 presets)
- Chorus x 17 types (88 presets)
- Insertion Effect x 48 types (267 presets) x 4
- Master EQ (5 bands)
Sequencer Tempo (BPM): 5 – 300
Songs: 27 Demo Songs
Patterns: 208 Patterns
Arpeggio: 999 types
Sequence formats: SMF Format 0 (playback only)
Sequence Software compatible with the Remote Control function:
- For Windows: Cubase 8 or later, SONAR X 2 Producer
- For Mac®: Cubase 8 or later, Logic Pro X, Digital Performer 9
- Functi ons to be controlled differ depending on the software
- Pitch Bend Wheel x 1
- Modulation Wheel x 1
- Assignable Knob x 4
- [DATA] dial x 1
Display: 3 digit LED + 20 x 2 line character LCD (backlit)
- OUTPUT: L/MONO and R (standard phone jack)
- HEADPHONES (standard stereo phone jack)
- FOOT CONTROLLER
- MIDI IN / OUT
- USB [TO HOST] / [TO DEVICE]
- AUX IN
- DC IN
Power Supply: 9 W
- AC adapter (PA-150B or an equivalent recommended by Yamaha)
- Owner's Manual
- Cubase AI Download Information
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):
- Warehouse Resealed, Black
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):
If you have additional warranty questions, please contact the manufacturer at 714-522-9011
Yamaha MX61 v2 Keyboard SynthesizerA compact, lightweight keyboard, the Yamaha MX61 V2 music synthesizer delivers over 1000 Voices from the legendary Motif series, plus deep computer and iOS integration.
The MX61 v2 features a Class Compliant USB audio and MIDI interface for plug-and-play operation with your Mac, PC or iOS device.
Connect MX v2 to iOS devices with a Lightning to USB Camera Adapter, for audio and MIDI connectivity to a wide variety of music-making apps including FM Essential. FM Essential -- free from the app store -- expands your sonic possibilities with 256 incredible FM synthesizer Voices all controllable from the MX v2.
Stand out from the crowd with your choice of finish: black or blue.
Features:- Expand your sound palette with FM Essential: a FREE iOS FM synthesizer app with effects, drum loops and more
- Class Compliant USB Audio/MIDI for true "plug and play" connectivity without installing any drivers
- New finish options: in addition to classic black (BK), check out the new attention-grabbing blue (BU)!
- Motif Sound Engine: layer, zone, switch, cycle, randomize and control up to 8 elements within a single voice
- Virtual Circuit Modeling re-creates the sound and behavior of vintage effects and signal processors
- 128 notes of polyphony ensures dropout-free performance playing live or with full 16-track sequences
- Damper Resonance DSP recreates the sound of the inside of a grand piano when the dampers are off the strings.
- Record/playback stereo audio and 16 channels of MIDI data via a single USB cable without any external devices
- DAW Remote controls the transport, mixer and software instruments directly from the front panel controls.
- The USB "TO DEVICE" port allows connection of USB flash drives for loading and storing data
- A 3.5mm aux line input lets you connect and hear mobile devices, tablets and more through the instrument
- Auto power off saves energy by shutting down after a period of inactivity
The MX v2 is a compact, lightweight Music Synthesizer with over 1000 Voices from the legendary Motif series plus deep computer and iOS integration. The MX v2 features a Class Compliant USB audio and MIDI interface for plug-and-play operation with your Mac, PC or iOS device. Connect MX v2 to iOS for audio and MIDI connectivity to a wide variety of music-making apps including FM Essential. FM Essential -- free from the app store -- expands your sonic possibilities with 256 incredible FM synthesizer Voices all controllable from the MX v2.
FM Essential: Free FM Synth App for iOS- FM Essential is a FREE 4-operator FM synthesizer for iOS
- The standard (free) version features 10 Voices
- Connecting MX v2 via the Apple(R) Lightning to USB Camera adapter (not included), unlocks the full version of FM Essential, offering the full 256 FM Voices from classic 80s to cutting-edge, modern EDM
- Thanks to the integrated Class Compliant USB audio and MIDI interface, you can play and control FM Essential from the MX v2 keyboard while listening through the MX v2 headphone jack or stereo outputs.
- FM Essential features 8-note polyphony, built-in effects, EQ, drum phrases and a step sequencer for automating control changes