Yamaha MX61 v2 Keyboard Synthesizer, 61-Key

Yamaha MX61 v2 Keyboard Synthesizer, 61-Key

Get 1000+ Motif-derived sounds, deep integration with your computer or iOS device, and easy audio/MIDI over USB with Yamaha's lightweight, compact MX61 v2.

Overall:
Overall:
Submitted July 6, 2017 by Jimi Lee in Wentzville, MO
"A Lot of Power for the Price"
I wanted to add a Yamaha to my keyboard arsenal but I didn't need another arranger or large sequencer keyboard. I thought the MX61 seemed to be priced too low to have an extensive usable sound library but I was happily mistaken. This is a full blown synth with fantastic sounds. And it has plenty of other features that can make this keyboard the centerpiece of most home studio DAWs. My only complaint is the tiny display screen but you can't have everything at this low price.
Played for fifty years. Currently a studio owner.
Rock, blues, fusion, funk
24 of 24 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted January 22, 2018 by Francois Ouellette in Toronto, ON
"Awesome keyboard for the price"
This review has been selected by our experts as particularly helpful.
Even if you will only use it to play and perform, and not doing any fancy stuff with Cubase or some other software, it is an exceptional value for the money. The light weight is due to an all-plastic construction, but is is very well made with ease-of-use in mind, and the keys have a very pleasant action. I like the the 45-degree back edge with the names of the various sockets that you can see easily from the top. With 1,106 voices and a MOTIF engine, you may have to spend time trying them all and finding the ones you like, but this can be fun! Has very good organ sounds with rotary effect, and vintage keyboards too. Tons of rhythm riffs and cool ambient sounds you can compose from. If you have other Yamaha gear this thing is MIDI plug and play. USB connection is a breeze. Hard to find better value for money. Well done Yamaha.
Been a serious amateur for decades.
Mostly blues and jazzy stuff, also some traditional music.
13 of 13 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted March 2, 2017 by Justin C in Sandersville, GA
"Great board"
Haven't had any problems deep bass easy split love this board with a Roland 550 is best sound I ever had
10 years keyboard and drums
Gospel
4 of 4 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted May 17, 2018 by Letitia M in Richmond, VA
"Too Lightweight but Beautiful Sounds"
The only problem with the Yamaha MX61 and most 61 key keyboards is the width. They are narrow for most X stands therefore not sturdy enough. Other than that, this keyboard has some of the best keyboard and piano sounds ever! I sold my MX61 but would buy the MX88. I love Yamaha! I love zZounds!
Started learning at age 5, playing for Church at age 11, Weddings, age 12, etc. Main instruments piano, organ. Church Musician.
Church music, classical
6 of 7 people (86%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted December 31, 2020 by a customer from gmail.com
"Fantastic Value!"
It's hard to beat this synth for the price. With the MOTIF sounds and FM patches it's fantastic. Add on to that downloadable libraries from Yamaha and FM Essentials which is PURE 80's FM goodness and you have a beast of a board. Also full integration with Cuabse AI and Cubasis LE, for free I might add, and you're off to the races in no time!