Wampler The Doctor Lo-Fi Delay Pedal
Born from a collaboration between Brian Wampler and superstar, tele-master Brad Paisley, The Doctor Lo-Fi Delay pedal exudes a gritty character that works as well for laying down an ambient sonic bed as it does for old-school slapback. Give the pedals Rate and Depth knobs a spin, and the self-oscillating repeats easily become an aural wash that, while not interfering with the notes youre playing, is still far from subtle. And the pedals straight-forward control layout - such as onboard tap tempo control with four easily selectable rhythmic subdivisions - makes use of The Doctor Lo-Fi Delay a triumph over many of the menu-based delay engines of today. Brian Wampler and Brad Paisley know guitar tone. Take a tip from them and add the lo-fi delay goodness of The Doctor to your pedalboard. We think youll find its right in your Wheelhouse.
Anything but pristine
There are few tones more addictive to guitarists than the runaway repeats of a self-oscillating delay. With The Doctor, you can put that glorious chaos underneath your playing as an ambient cloud that is anything but pristine. We think youll find that Brian Wampler has succeeded in expertly balancing the line of tonal radiance and grainy disintegration like precious few delay pedal creators before.
- Lo-Fi repeats that become a sonic bed for your tone
- Pots for Rate and Depth add modulated movement to each repeat
- 100% analog, untouched signal path for your original/through/unaffected tone
A few knobs and the truth
Plug it in, step on the footswitch, and be inspired. Thats how easy The Doctor Lo-Fi Delay is to use. Unlike many menu-based digital pedals, Wampler wants you to be able to twist a few knobs and get the exact tone youre looking for. If reading manuals and scrolling through deep menus makes you sick, we have The Doctor for you.
- Carefully engineered to be plug-and-play ready
- Intuitive control layout that will be familiar to most players
- No menu diving or confusing computer-based editors
An instrument unto itself
Are you constantly tweaking, manipulating, and otherwise dominating your delay pedals in the heat of a performance? Then The Doctor is for you. The onboard tap tempo footswitch and Sub Divisions button are effortlessly accurate, giving you repeats that are every bit the musical instrument as your guitar and amplifier.
- Onboard tap tempo footswitch gives your on-the-fly rhythmic control
- Incredibly accurate footswitch ensures you lock in with the song
- Sub Division button cycles through quarter, eighth, dotted eighth, and triplets
- External tap tempo in/out control. Allows you to connect another compatible pedal and have The Doctor control its delay time, or have it control The Doctor the days of tap tempo tap dancing are numbered!
Brian Wamplers attention to detail and commitment to designing the best and most player-friendly products out there are second to none. Those qualities are on full display within The Doctor. From its convenient top-mounted jacks to its amazingly simple user interface, The Doctor Lo-Fi Delay pedal is every bit a Wampler.
- Built in the U.S.A
- High grade components picked for their superior sound and response
- Relay true bypass with soft switches that will last for years
- Top mounted input and output jacks External Tap Tempo Out/In
- Spatial, ambient trails - the more clockwise you move the tone control, the more swirly and ambient the repeats are leading you effortlessly into amazing self-oscillation
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Wampler products.
- Maximum 800ms delay Four subdivisions: Quarter, Eight, Dotted 8th and Triplet
- 3.5 x 4.50 x 1.5 (88.9mm x 114.3mm x 38.1mm) height excludes knobs and switches
- Includes Wamplers limited 5-year warranty
- 9v power jack Power draw: 53mA (at 9v) and 63mA (at 18v)