Get Serious Control With This Top-Notch Delay/Looper Stompbox!
The TC Electronic Flashback X4 delay and looper pedal is virtually three Flashback pedals stuffed into one stompbox. With the X4's insanely wide tonal range, it's pretty much the only delay/looper effect your pedalboard needs. This baddie comes with three presets and 12 different delay sounds, including tape, tube, space, analog, ping-pong, and more. What's more, this pedal allows you to download and store up to four TonePrint sounds. USB connectivity or the TonePrint app for your smartphone gives you access to free updates and instant downloads of your favorite guitarists' settings, and an easy-to-use control layout won't overwhelm you as you navigate everything this "time machine" has to offer.
TC Electronic tells you 5 things you need to know about the Flashback X4:
12 Delay Types and Four Storage Slots
You'll never find yourself short of delay styles to color your signal, because your TC Electronic Flashback X4 boasts 12 different delay settings to choose from. Some of these include analog, ping pong, slap back, tape, tube, and beyond. You can also store up to four different TonePrint settings, leaving you with 16 pedal-ready delay settings to give your axe some really intriguing tones.
Add TonePrint to Your Signal Chain
What really separates your TC Electronic Flashback X4 from other delay/looper pedals is its TonePrint function. Via either your smartphone or the X4's USB slot, you can download an array of different settings crafted by some of your favorite artists. Simply hold your smartphone up to your axe's pickup and beam the setting directly to your Flashback X4 pedal instantly.
Dials and Controls
This amazingly versatile pedal features a straightforward control layout that's easy to learn and manipulate. From left to right, you have your delay setting control, then your delay time, feedback, delay level, and looper level controls. A delay/looper toggle switch sets your pedal's effect setting, and four footswitches allow you to quickly record, play, pause, and undo/redo hands-free.
Get in Sync with Tap Tempo or MIDI I/O
If you want to sync up your delay effect to an exact tempo, your Flashback X4 pedal features a tap tempo switch on the bottom right. You also have a subdivision selector switch to set your tempo to using quarter notes, eighth notes, or a mixture of both. What's more, there's MIDI I/O, so you can lock your delay to your drum machine or DAW in the studio. This awesome feature is just another dimension of control that this monster-of-a-pedal lays right at your feet.
Love and Care for Your Signal
With the TC Electronic Flashback X4, your signal will continually receive the best treatment it can. This pedal utilizes a true-bypass system, so your instrument's sound loses none of its original color or character when you disengage your pedal. Utilizing analog-dry-through, your dry, unaffected signal remains untouched and un-digitized, keeping things consistently natural-sounding.
Tough and Durable for the Road
If you're a regularly gigging musician with plenty of shows on the road ahead of you, then your Flashback X4 will stand up well to the tough abuse that frequently employed hardware has to take. You can rock on with assurance that this baby will deliver -- time after time.
Check out our overview of the TC Electronic Flashback X4 Delay and Looper:
- Delay/looper pedal in stompbox fashion
- Simple control layout -- easy to read, learn, and use
- Four simple-to-use switches -- record, play/pause, play once, and undo/redo
- Maximum loop time of 40 seconds
- Two 1/4" input jacks -- mono/stereo
- Two 1/4" output jacks -- mono/stereo
- Use Tap tempo to keep your effects in tempo
- Subdivision selector switch -- quarter note, eighth note, and a mixture of both
- Comes with three presets with savable parameters
- 12 different delay types -- tape, tube, space, analog, ping pong, and more
- Four TonePrint slots to store your favorite artists' presets
- True bypass or optional buffered bypass configuration available
- Independent loop and delay engines
- Delay time, feedback, delay level, and looper level controls
- TonePrint allows you to load signature sounds from your favorite guitarists
- USB connectivity allows you to download TonePrints and receive free updates -- PC and Mac friendly
- Beam TonePrints directly through your smartphone with the TonePrint app
- Subdivision selector including dual delay
- MIDI in and through connectivity -- sync tempos/timing up exactly on beat
- Expression pedal input jack
- Powered via 9-volt battery or external 9-volt DC power supply -- included
zZounds is an authorized dealer of TC Electronic products.