Record, Mix, and Master all on the Tascam DP-24SD!
As part of Tascam's time-tested Portastudio series, the DP-24SD digital recorder is your one-stop shop for capturing your musical ideas, mixing, and mastering. This standalone multitracker gives you eight phantom-powered microphone preamps with XLR-1/4" combi jacks, including a Hi-Z direct instrument input for your guitar or bass. Record up to eight simultaneous tracks and layer up to 24 tracks to rock-solid SD card flash memory, at up to 48 kHz/24-bit resolution. Play through amp simulations, reverb, chorus, delay, and more, and shape your sound with Tascam's powerful built-in EQs, compressors, and limiters -- all tweakable with real knobs and visual feedback from the DP-24SD's color LCD screen. Plus, this standalone recorder doesn't limit your flexibility: to collaborate with other studios, simply transfer your .WAV-format multitracks to a computer-based DAW via the DP-24SD's USB output.
Keep Your Options Open with 24 Digital Tracks
Don't let track limitations keep you from doubling guitars, stereo-tracking piano or dubbing four more vocal harmonies to your songs. With 4-, 8- or 16-track machines, you may find yourself having to bounce what's already been recorded to a stereo sub-mix to make room for more overdubs. Not only does this add time to the recording process, it also commits you to a mix before you've tracked an entire song, and as any engineer knows, each new element can alter the overall sonic balance of an entire project. With the Tascam DP-24SD, you'll be able to keep more tracks separate when going into your final mix -- so feel free to add that extra accordion part.
Track The Whole Band on Eight Simultaneous Inputs
With eight simultaneous recording tracks, and 24 simultaneous playback tracks, the Tascam DP-24SD is the ideal tool for full bands that want to record multitracks right in their rehearsal studios. With eight XLR-1/4" inputs with phantom-powered microphone preamps, you can mic up a drum kit and a couple of guitar amps and still have input channels left for the vocals without having to unplug your entire setup. And if you don't need to record a full band simultaneously, the DP-24SD is also great for solo artists that want to build up a composition one track at a time. With 24 tracks on 18 faders (plus one more master fader), you've got plenty of elbow room.
Non-Destructive Digital Recording and Editing
Because the DP-24SD is a digital recorder, an additional 8 "virtual tracks" are available for recording multiple takes on each track. No longer do you have to commit to a "take it or trash it" decision after each take -- this non-destructive recorder encourages musical experimentation. Plus, you won't have to worry about running out of space: the DP-24SD accepts up to a 32 GB SDHC solid-state flash memory card, and it comes with a 2 GB card to get you started. It's even simple to punch in and out, copy, cut, paste, move, insert silence, and more editing functions with the DP-24SD's color LCD screen to guide you.
Channel Strip Section for EQ, Pan, Sends, and More
If you're accustomed to working on a console -- or even if you're used to looking at a software DAW -- you'll feel right at home with the DP-24SD's easy-to-use channel-strip section. Instead of paging through menus to find functions, the DP-24SD lets you adjust channel EQ, pan, and effects sends with the top panel's buttons and knobs while the color LCD gives you relevant visual feedback. You'll also find dedicated buttons for all your transport controls: record, play, stop, fast forward and rewind -- plus dedicated track-selection and record-arm buttons for each of your 12 mono tracks and 6 stereo tracks.
Beyond Demos: Mastering Functions
No production is ready for duplication or dissemination without first going through the mastering process. The DP-24SD provides a suite of mastering tools, including a multiband stereo compressor and mastering EQ that will help bring your final mix into sharp focus and noise-shaping dithering to bring your project from 24-bit to 16-bit. Not ready to commit quite yet? Simply offload your tracks via USB 2.0 for further tweaking on a computer-based DAW.
Advantages Over Computer-Based Recording
While many musicians praise the virtues of computer-based recording solutions, the process of actually setting up and tracking onto your PC or Mac is fraught with obstacles. Is your interface compatible with your operating system? Is your RAM sufficient for your target track count? Have you partitioned your hard drive, calibrated your input level, organized your project folders, and suppressed any programs that might be running in the background? Who needs the hassle when the Tascam DP-24SD is ready to record straight out of the box? The DP-24SD's perfectly matched hardware and operating system are virtually free of latency, processing lag, and crashes for fraction of the price. When you consider all the money you'd have to spend on plugins, recording software, outboard processors, and interfaces to get the same functionality that the DP-24SD offers, there's just no comparison.
- Self-contained standalone 24-track digital recorder
- Record the whole band on 8 simultaneous tracks
- 8 phantom-powered microphone preamps with combination XLR-1/4" input jacks
- Layer and play back 24 tracks, each with 8 "virtual tracks" for recording non-destructive alternate takes
- Hi-Z instrument input for recording your guitar or bass "direct"
- Record and mix with EQs, compressors, limiters, reverbs, amp simulators, and many more effects
- Up to 48 kHz/24-bit resolution
- Color LCD screen
- Record to inexpensive, quiet, and stable solid-state SD card media
- Includes 2 GB SD card; accepts up to 32 GB SDHC cards
- Built-in metronome and chromatic tuner
- USB output: transfer your multitrack recordings to a computer in .WAV format
- Four 1/4" analog outputs plus stereo RCA outputs for connecting monitor speakers
Do you prefer hands-on hardware recording to messing with a mouse? If so, the Tascam DP-24SD is a complete music production solution. Full-band tracking, mixing and mastering are all at your command, and all at 48 kHz/24-bit resolution on reliable solid-state SD Card media. For the D.I.Y. musician with the talent, the songs, and the will, the Tascam DP-24SD is the gear will transform you into a true recording artist.
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Tascam products.
Dimensions (WxHxD): 20.2" × 4.1" × 13.4" (514 × 104 × 340mm)
- Simultaneous 24-track playback
- 12 mono tracks + 6 stereo tracks
- Simultaneous 8-track recording
- 16 or 24 bit, 44.1 or 48 kHz recording
- 8 XLR/TRS combo connectors
- Phantom power supplied on all inputs (INPUT A-D,E-H)
- High-impedance input available (INPUT H)
- Stereo RCA output
- 2 effect send outputs (1/4" TS jack)
- 70mW/ch headphone amplifier
- Remote connector for optional RC-3F footswitch
- INPUT A-H and each track equipped with 3-band EQ
- Automatic punch in/out
- Various edit functions (COPY INSERT, COPY PASTE, MOVE INSERT, MOVE PASTE, OPEN, CUT, SILENCE, CLONE TRACK, CLEAN OUT)
- Undo and Redo function with Undo history
- Dynamics effects for input (Limiter, Compressor, Noise Suppressor, Exciter)
- Guitar effects (Amp Simulator, Reverb, Compressor, Chorus, Flanger, Phaser)
- Mix-down effects (Reverb, Delay, Stereo Chorus)
- Mastering Effects (Multi-band Compressor, Equalizer, Dither, Normalize)
- Track bounce function
- Virtual track (8 virtual track per one track: including use track)
- Locate mark up to 99 for one song
- File transferring via USB 2.0
- Chromatic tuner
- 19 Faders
- Peak-hold function on the level meter of the LCD
- Sub-frame editing
- Dedicated AC adapter included (TASCAM GPE248-120200-Z)
- SD card included
- RoHS certified
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):