Accurately Capture Acoustic Sources with the Shure SM81 CondenserA studio and stage standard small-diapghram condenser, the Shure SM81's detailed, flat response will give you an accurate sonic picture of acoustic sources and more. This workhorse mic has a switchable low cut and 10 dB pad, and of course, includes a clip, windscreen, and case.
The Shure SM81 has long been a must-have microphone for capturing the unique timbre and characteristics of acoustic instruments. Whether you're trying to record that 100-year-old Steinway grand piano you found in your grandpa's attic, or the vintage parlor guitar that's been passed down for generations, you want a mic that can capture every last nuance. The Shure SM81 is that microphone. It's also plenty tough enough for the stage, which is why you'll often see a pair of SM81s hanging over a drum kit.
The SM81 is a cardioid condenser with a wide frequency response and low RF susceptibility that makes it perfect for guitars, pianos, cymbals, mandolins and any other acoustic instruments. Thanks to its extremely low-noise characteristics, you can be sure that the SM81 only picks up the tones you're after.
- Sound Reinforcement
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Shure products.
- Type: Condenser (electret bias)
- Frequency Response: 20 to 20,000 Hz
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid (unidirectional) response
- SM81LC Version: With windscreen, no cable. Phantom power required.
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):
If you have additional warranty questions, please contact the manufacturer at 800-25-SHURE
Shure SM81 Cardioid Condenser MicThe Shure SM81 is a high-quality, unidirectional condenser microphone designed for studio recording, broadcasting, and sound reinforcement. Its wide frequency response, low noise characteristics, and low RF susceptibility have made it a standard for applications involving acoustic instruments, especially guitar, piano, and cymbals.
The SM81 is ruggedly constructed. It operates on phantom power and performs over a wide range of temperatures and humidity conditions. It is furnished with a swivel adapter, attenuator-switch lock, foam windscreen, and case for carrying and storage. Other accessories are available.
Features:- 20 Hz to 20 kHz frequency response
- Flat response curve for accurate reproduction of sound sources
- Low noise and high output clipping level
- Low distortion over a wide range of load
- Cardioid polar pattern, uniform with frequency and symmetric about axis, providing maximum rejection and minimum coloration of off-axis sounds
- Low RF susceptibility
- Selectable low-frequency response: flat, 6, or 18 dB/octave rolloff
- 0 dB/10 dB lockable attenuator switch
- Phantom powering (DIN 45 596 voltages of 12 to 48 Vdc)
- Rugged steel construction for durability
- Field-usable over wide range of temperature and humidity conditions
About ShureS.N. Shure began his company's relationship with the products of personal sound by launching a one-man operation in 1925 that sold radio parts kits. Since then, Shure microphones and audio electronics have been the tools of choice for politicians, musicians, corporations, churches, and broadcasters across the world. Anyone who considers sound to be an important part of his or her self-expression has probably used one of Shure's microphones, phonograph needles, or other professional audio products.