Your Go-To Dynamic Mic for Everything from Snares to Vocals
See what the Beta 57A can do for your sound! In its capacity as a supercardioid dynamic microphone, the Shure Beta 57A excels at capturing the true tone of vocals and a range of instruments both acoustic and electric. From drums and guitar amps to brass and woodwinds, the versatile Beta 57A has what it takes to deliver premium tone for professional sound reinforcement applications and project studio recording.
Clarity That You Can Hear
The high-output microphone offers a tailored frequency response of 50 Hz to 16 kHz, along with a true supercardioid polar pattern designed to provide high gain before feedback, impressive isolation from the other instruments around you, and the lowest off-axis tone coloration. The Beta 57A's supercardioid pattern picks up everything that you put right in front of the mic and rejects anything from the sides, top, and rear, making it a no-brainer choice for recording a variety of audio sources with clarity and detail. Apply it to snare drums and get crisp, bright highs and fantastic off-axis rejection of toms, cymbals, and other parts of your kit; use the Shure Beta 57A on the live stage and hear your vocals pop (in the good way).
Live Sound Game-Changer
Providing more than just sleek structural detail, the mic's unique steel mesh grille design helps you wrap your hands around proximity effect so that booming lows become your friend rather than foe. The Beta 57A also features an advanced pneumatic shock mount system that significantly reduces the transmission of mechanical noise and vibration, so you hear more of your instruments and vocals and less of everything else, no matter how you're working the mic onstage and off.
- Supercardioid dynamic (moving coil) microphone
- Ideal for capturing drums, guitar amplifiers, brass, woodwinds, vocals, and more
- Frequency response of 50 Hz to 16 kHz
- Supercardioid pickup pattern provides high gain-before-feedback and superior rejection of off-axis sound
- Neodymium magnet for high signal-to-noise ratio output
- Pneumatic shock mount system minimizes transmission of mechanical noise and vibration
- Steel mesh grille helps protect internal circuitry while facilitating advantageous use of proximity effect
- 3-pin male XLR connector
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Shure products.
- Type: Dynamic (moving coil)
- Frequency Response: 50 to 16,000 Hz
- Polar Pattern: Supercardioid, rotationally symmetrical about microphone axis, uniform with frequency
- Impedance: Rated at 150 _ (290 _ actual) for connection to microphone inputs rated low Z
Output Level (at 1,000 Hz)
- Open Circuit Voltage: 71 dB*(0.28 mV)*0 dB = 1 v/_bar Hum Pickup (at 60 Hz)
- Maximum 15.0 mV in 10 oe field
- Maximum 26.5 dB equivalent SPL per 1 moe
- Polarity: Positive pressure on diaphragm produces positive voltage on pin 2 with respect to pin 3
- Connector: 3-pin professional audio connector (male XLR)
- Case: Silver Blue enamel-painted die-cast metal with hardened, matte-finished steel mesh grille
- Swivel Adapter: Slip-in, adjustable through 180
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
- Base Item
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):
- with Tripod Boom Stand and Mic Cable (18.5 Foot)