Why Buy a Separate Mic and Recorder? Get the VideoMic Pro!Want high-quality audio to go with your high-quality video? No problem -- just combine the compact, lightweight Rode VideoMic Pro with your DSLR camera or camcorder, and enjoy broadcast-quality audio along with your video recordings. Designed with the "one-man-band" videographer in mind, the VideoMic Pro shotgun condenser mic works as an extension of your camera, offering an integrated Rycote Lyre shock mounting system and foam windshield to reduce handling noise, a 1/8" audio output for compatibility with DSLR and prosumer video cameras, a supercardioid polar pattern for focused recording, and ultra-light yet rugged construction for taking it on the go.
Video-Focused FeaturesAllowing you to record anything at a moment's notice, the VideoMic Pro sports a straightforward three-position level control (-10 dB, 0 dB, +20 dB). Without having to change settings or mess with your camera's controls, you can flip the switch and instantly respond to changes in your recording environment.
The VMP's integrated Rycote Lyre shock mounting system is constructed from a single piece of thermoplastic, providing improved acoustic suspension over standard elastic-band mounts and much greater durability. A redesigned 1/2" condenser capsule, lightweight premium cable, and switchable 80 Hz high-pass filter help prevent the VideoMic Pro from picking up camera handling noise, wind swooshes, or other extraneous sounds that could compromise your recording. It's clear that this microphone is designed to toss noise overboard.
Extremely Portable in DesignRode's VideoMic Pro is 6 inches long, weighs just 3 ounces, and is powered by 9V batteries for up to 70 hours of battery life. It has an integrated camera shoe mount with a 3/8-inch thread for easy mounting on a boom pole. To minimize handling noise and ensure isolation, the microphone has a flexible, lightweight cable. Rugged construction sees to it that the VideoMic Pro can withstand lots of normal wear and tear over the years.
Features:- Shotgun-style hypercardioid condenser microphone
- Compact (6" length), lightweight (3 oz.) design
- 9V battery powered, with up to 70 hours battery life (alkaline)
- Rycote Lyre shock mounting onboard
- Switchable high-pass filter (flat or 80 Hz) further reduces wind noise
- 1/8" (3.5 mm) stereo mini-jack output (dual mono) for compatibility with any video camera
- 3-Position level control (-10 dB, 0 dB, +20 dB) for fast adjustments on the fly
- Camera shoe mount with 3/8" thread for easy boom pole mounting
- Flexible and lightweight cable to minimize handling noise and ensure isolation
- Rugged construction -- take it anywhere!
- 10-Year warranty from Rode
zZounds is an authorized dealer of RODE products.
- Acoustic Principle: Line Gradient
- Active Electronics JFET impedance converter
- Capsule 0.50"
- Polar Pattern Supercardioid
- Address Type End
- Frequency Range 40Hz - 20kHz(selected HPF @80)
- Output Impedance 200Ohm
- Maximum SPL 134dB SPL (@ 1kHz, 1% THD into 1KOhm load)
- Maximum Output Level 6.9dBu (@ 1kHz, 1% THD into 1KOhm load
- Sensitivity -32.0dB re 1 Volt/Pascal (20.00mV @ 94 dB SPL) +/- 2 dB @ 1kHz
- Equivalent Noise Level (A-weighted) 14dB-A
- Power Options 9V Battery
- Weight 85gm
- Dimensions (H x W x D) 100 x 75 x 170mm
- Output Minijack Output
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
- Base Item
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):
If you have additional warranty questions, please contact the manufacturer at 805-566-7777
Rode VMP VideoMic Pro with Rycote LyreThe RODE VideoMic Pro is a true shotgun microphone designed for use with camcorders, DSLR cameras and portable audio recorders as a source of primary and reference audio. At the heart of the VideoMic Pro is an all-new 1/2" condenser capsule that provides broadcast-quality audio via a 3.5mm minijack connector (outputting the mono signal to both left and right channels) with an incredibly low self-noise of just 14db. A super-cardioid polar pattern ensures that surrounding audio is minimized, and your recording is focused on the subject in front of the camera.
The integrated Rycote Lyre based shock mounting system separates the VideoMic Pro capsule and electronics from its mount, providing isolation from external physical factors that may cause unwanted rumble and vibrations in the microphone. Constructed from a single piece of hard-wearing thermoplastic, the Lyre provides superior acoustic suspension to traditional elastic solutions, and will never wear out, sag or snap.
Easily accessible on the rear face of the microphone are the power, filter and level controls. In addition to the microphone's native 40Hz-20kHz response a selectable high-pass filter at 80Hz is available, which will prevent low end noise such as air conditioners and traffic from being recorded.
Below these controls are the level settings, which attenuate or boost the recorded level as required. The -10dB level attenuation (or PAD) is ideal for recording loud sound sources, such as live music, motorsport, or interviews where the subject is very close to the camera. The +20dB level boost is designed for use with DSLR cameras, allowing the user to reduce the camera's preamp level (or mic-input level), effectively reducing the amount of noise generated by the camera's comparatively low quality audio circuitry.
The microphone uses a standard sized shoe mount for on camera use, and features a 3/8" thread in the base of the mount for easy boom pole mounting.
The VideoMic pro is battery powered, and provides over 70 hours recording from a single 9V battery.
Features:- Rycote Lyre shock mounting onboard
- All new capsule with lower noise and higher sensitivity
- Broadcast recording quality condenser microphone
- Compact form factor (150mm/6" length)
- Ultra lightweight (85g/3oz)
- 9V battery powered - over 70 hours use (alkaline)
- Integrated shock mounting
- Integrated foam windscreen
- 3.5mm stereo mini-jack output (dual mono)
- Two step High Pass Filter (flat, 80Hz)
- Three position level control (-10dB, 0, +20dB)
- Camera shoe mount with 3/8" thread for easy boompole mounting