Rode NTK: A Versatile Tube Condenser Mic for a Steal!
If you're on a budget and looking to expand your recording arsenal, then the Rode NTK tube condenser studio microphone is right up your alley. This powerhouse of a mic delivers rich, warm character with a slight presence boost to capture your performance and enliven vocals and instruments, even in humble recording settings. This baby's super-low self-noise of only 12 dB makes it a great choice for capturing delicate voices and acoustic sources.
An Alluring Vintage Tinge
Your Rode NTK is a solid combination of classic character and modern design. A hand-selected twin-triode 6922 valve provides incredibly smooth quality that works wonders for a wide range of instruments. The custom-built Mu-metal transformer is quiet as can be, even during sessions that require higher gain settings. Don't be afraid to push this baby a little -- the high SPL of 158 dB allows you to take advantage of this mic's gentle presence boost that comes out nicely at higher decibel levels.
One Mic -- Many Uses
Aside from delivering crystal-clear audio capture, your Rode NTK yields a wide reach of recording possibilities. The wide frequency response of 20 Hz to 20 kHz makes it a solid companion for tracking vocals, acoustic guitar, strings, piano, percussion, wind instruments, voice over sessions, and many other sources. A versatile large diaphragm mic in the studio is a must-have for recording studios of all shapes and sizes, and the Rode NTK is a great "get" for a burgeoning engineer.
Accessories Included to Get You Going
Rode has made sure that you have everything you need to get recording as fast as possible. Along with your Rode NTK tube condenser studio microphone, you also get a carry case, an external power supply, a 30' cable, and a stand mount. Add this dynamic tool to your list of gear to see how much versatility you can bring to your tracking sessions.
- Rode's affordable tube condenser microphone
- Large 1" capsule with gold plated diaphragm
- Cardioid polar pattern
- Class "A" valve circuitry
- Frequency response of 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- Maximum SPL of 158 dB
- High level of RF rejection
- Low self-noise: only 12 dB
- Output impedance of 200 ohms
- Connects via XLR
- 1.68 pounds
- Cary case, external power supply, 30' cable, and stand mount included
zZounds is an authorized dealer of RODE products.
- Capsule: Externally polarised 1 in. pressure-gradient condenser
- Active Electronics: Unity-gain closed-loop impedance converter; vacuum-tube input with bipolar buffering
- Pickup Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz (+/-6dB)
- Output Impedance: 200 ohms (100 ohms per leg)
- Sensitivity: -38dB re 1V/Pa (12mV @ 94dB SPL) +/-1dB
- Equivalent Noise: 12dB SPL (A-weighted per IEC268-15) +/-2dB
- Maximum Output: > +29dBu (@ 1kHz, 5% THD into 1k (load)
- Dynamic Range: > 147dB (A-weighted, per IEC268-15)
- Maximum SPL: > 158dB SPL (@ 1kHz, 5% THD into 1k (load)
- Signal/Noise Ratio: > 82dB (A-weighted, per IEC268-15)
- External power supply: 100-120V/200-240V AC (user selectable) 50Hz/60Hz, 25VA maximum Packed Weight: 4.53 kg (Mic only 760 gm)Accessories included
- Power Supply
- 30 ft (10 m) Multicore Cable
- M2 Standmount plus 3/8-5/8 in. Thread Adapter
- Optional Extras: SM2 Shockmount
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
- Base Item
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):
- with Microphone Pack