32 Channels of Professional Mixing Power, Controlled by Your iPad
The Mackie DL32R wireless digital mixer gives sound engineers the ability to take high-quality digital mixing anywhere, controlling every aspect of your mix from your iPad, allowing you to move freely and hear your mix from anywhere while keeping both hands firmly on the "board." The brain of the DL32R is compact, taking up only 3 units of rack space, but doesn't it skimp when it comes to power -- it's loaded with 32 Onyx+ recallable mic pres and 14 XLR outputs that let you save and recall settings for fast and easy setup, meaning you'll never have to start every setup from scratch ever again. The mixing is controlled by Mackie's incredibly intuitive Master Fader app, which is loaded with features and effects that will let you tweak whatever you need, immediately, wherever you are.
Mix From Anywhere
By far, the most impressive innovation that Mackie's accomplished with the DL32R is the ability to mix anywhere, with no set FOH position, letting you move around the room and experience your mix in real-time, along with the audience. What makes it even more useful is that you can connect up to 10 iOS devices (iPhones or iPads) at once, all with customizable lock-outs, meaning you can have other people ear-checking your mix, but only allow them access to the parameters you let them. The band can have their own monitor controls right onstage with them, so they can customize their own mix without needing to talk to anyone else.
Live Multi-Track Recording Capabilities
A key feature of the Mackie DL32R is its ability to record directly to your hard drive or computer, and then recall and play back those recordings, as well. This means that you can record a soundcheck once and then use it as a virtual soundcheck in the future, getting the majority of your settings locked in before the band has even shown up. You can also use the DL32R in a home studio when you're not performing, as an incredibly powerful interface with your DAW.
See how the DL32R mixer works in a live setting in this video from Mackie:
Fully Loaded and Totally Compact
The Mackie DL32R allows you to leave a lot of your bulky equipment behind, not the least of which being your snake. Because the DL32R is so compact and completely wireless, you can leave it on-stage while you mix from anywhere. But more impressive than that is the amount of rack gear that the DL32R can replace. You've got four-band EQ, a gate, and compression -- all with "vintage" or "modern" versions available -- on each of the inputs, four stereo-linkable return channels, and 28 output busses, while 31-band GEQ and compression is available on your main outs. There are also built-in effects, with a variety of different reverbs and tap-tempo digital echo effects at your fingertips, giving you a wide variety of options for every application, all of them easily recalled by the Master Fader app with just a swipe of your finger.
Master Fader v3.2, Now Available
Master Fader v3.2, now available for free download, bringing powerful new features to DL32R in addition to performance and workflow enhancements for DL1608 and DL806 users. Also available now is My Fader v3.2 which also adds enhancements.
The big news is that DL32R now features 32x32 direct-to-disk recording and playback! Wireless control over multi-track direct-to-disk recording has been an amazingly popular feature for the DL32R. View more details about this feature and all other enhancements below.
Master Fader and My Fader v3.2 are now available for free download on the App Store. For complete version details, including device compatibility information, visit the App Store.
- Completely wireless mixing controlled by the incredibly intuitive Master Fader app on your iPad
- Up to 10 iOS devices connected at once
- 32 Onyx+ mic pres on the inputs and 14 XLR outs
- 36 input channels (32 mic pres, 4 stereo-linkable return channels)
- 28 output busses (14 stereo-linkable aux sends, 6 stereo-linkable matrix busses, 6 stereo-linkable subgroups, main L/R busses)
- Stereo AES digital output
- 1/4" monitor outs
- Headphone out with its own volume knob
- Ability to save and recall mixer settings
- Compact 3U rackmount design
- Card slot for Dante expansion card
- 32 x 32 USB 2.0 audio interface for Mac or PC, for live or studio use
- 24 x 24 recording/playback direct to USB 2.0 hard drive
- Use computer audio plug-ins live in conjunction with the DL32R
- 4-band PEQ + HPF, gate and compression with modern and vintage options on inputs and ouputs, with 31-band GEQ, LPF, and comp/limiter on the bus outputs
- 6 VCAs and 6 mute groups
- 3 stereo effects processors with dedicated sends and returns
- Full I/O routing with A/B sources per channel
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Mackie products.