Korg KR-55 Pro Electronic Drum Machine
The Korg KR-55 Pro features "Real Groove Technology" which uses data recorded from actual professional musicians performing at various tempi, and is a completely different technology than conventional rhythm machines. There are a total of 24 high-quality rhythm styles, each fine tuned to provide the best possible feel, to accurately reproduce the experience of playing with a percussionist. The sounds, grooves, and phrases will play back at pristine quality even if you change the tempo, so you can enjoy playing serious jam sessions at your own pace.
Introduce yourself to the KR-55 Pro in this video by Korg:
Use the chain function to easily create sophisticated rhythm tracks:
Each rhythm style includes a wide variety of patterns: two variations in addition to basic, fill-in 1, and fill-in 2. This means that the KR-55 Pro can provide the accompaniment for an entire song. By using the chain function, which lets you put together and memorize a different rhythm style for each measure, you can freely create even complex rhythm tracks. Up to 30 banks of chains can be stored, and each chain can be up to 999 measures long.
A rich array of input jacks and full-fledged mixer functionality:
The KR-55 Pro provides a rich array of input jacks that accommodate a variety of instruments: a guitar or bass can be connected to INPUT 1/2, and the XLR jack accepts a mic input. You can let the KR-55 Pro take care of the rhythm, and enjoy a full-band performance with guitar, bass, and vocals. A reverb effect can be applied to each input source, and TREBLE and BASS equalizer are also provided so that you can shape your sound in detail. The AUX INPUT supports stereo, and can be connected to a digital audio player, a keyboard, or an effect unit that's equipped with stereo output. Together, they allow you to use up to four channels.
Versatile recording functionality that supports multi-track recording:
In addition to built-in rhythm styles, the KR-55 Pro is equipped with a versatile recorder function that can record a variety of input sources. You can record your own performances along with the built-in rhythm styles, a favorite song, or karaoke tracks that you created on your DAW. The recorded data can be exported as a WAV file to an SD card, so the KR-55 Pro is all you need to create widely-usable tracks. You can also multitrack-record your guitar and bass to produce more complex tracks. Also provided are editing functions such as undo/redo and punch-in, and you can also place markers at the desired location of the recorded data, and overdub while looping the playback.
Player function can play back audio files from an SD card:
The KR-55 Pro is equipped with an audio player function that can play back audio files (wav) from an SD card. You can take advantage of Acoustage and use this unit as a high-quality listening system, or prepare backing tracks for you to play along with. There's also a playlist function (10 banks) that lets you manage the file playback order of up to 24 songs, so you can play back songs in a desired order for your live performance. In addition, the playback speed can be adjusted in the range of -25% to +25%, and you can also make files play repeatedly or automatically in succession. Whether you're practicing at home or performing in front of an audience, the KR-55 Pro is packed with functions that will be useful in various situations.
Tuner and metronome functions with a large and easily readable meter:
A tuner with the high precision that you expect from KORG is built in. When you turn this function on, the rhythm style buttons become a tuning meter, allowing you to tune with a large and easily visible meter. You can also tune while listening to a guitar, bass, or piano guide tone, or sound a metronome for convenient practicing.
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Korg products.
- Rhythm Function:
- Rhythm Styles: 24 rhythm styles, two variations for each rhythm style, each variation has three patterns (basic, fill-in 1, fill-in 2), ending
- Tempo: 48-240 bpm
- Rhythm Chain function: 30 banks (up to 999 measures can be registered in each)- Recorder Function:
- Recording format: PCM audio WAV format (file name extension .wav), 44.1 kHz, 16-bit
- Recording time: Depends on the SD card used; approximately 100 minutes per 1 GB
- Maximum continuous recording time: 3 hours
- Number of songs: Maximum 50
- Number of multitrack recordings: Depends on the remaining free capacity of the SD card
- Undo/Redo: Once- Player Function:
- Playback formats: PCM audio WAV format (file name extension .wav) 44.1 kHz, 16-bit, Stereo
- Maximum data size (time): Depends on the memory card used; approximately 100 minutes per 1 GB (for WAV data)
- Maximum number of data files (number of folders): Up to 99 songs (per folder); a total of eight folders M1-M8 inside the PLAYER folder can be used.
- Playlist function: 10 banks (up to 24 songs can be registered in each)- Mixer Effect Section:
- Effects: Reverb effect
- Equalizer: BASS, TREBLE
- ACOUSTAGE (wide stereo effect)- Tuner Function:
- Scale: 12-note equal temperament, Chromatic
- Calibration: 435-445 Hz
- Tuning Guide tone: Three types (guitar, bass, piano)- Display:
7-segment four-digit LED- SD Card:
- Usable cards: SDHC card 4 GB-32 GB (recommendation)- Input Jacks:
- MIC IN jacks: XLR-3-32 type (balanced), input impedance 4.7k ohm, nominal level -43 dBV
- INPUT 1 jack, INPUT 2 jack (guitar, bass): 1/4" (6.3 mm) monaural phone jack (unbalanced), input impedance 1M ohm, nominal level -26 dBV
- AUX INPUT jack: 1/8" (3.5 mm) stereo mini-phone jack (unbalanced), input impedance 10k ohm, nominal level -17 dBV
- FOOT SW jack: 1/4" (6.3 mm) stereo phone jack, usable foot switch: VOX VFS5 foot switch- Output Jacks:
- LINE OUT L/R jack: 1/4" (6.3 mm) monaural phone jack (unbalanced), maximum Level: 0dBV 30mW 32 ohm
- PHONES jack: 1/8" (3.5 mm) stereo mini-phone jack, maximum Level: 0dBV 30mW 32 ohm- Power Supply:
DC 9V, six AA batteries (alkaline or nickel-metal hydride are supported)- Battery Life:
Approximately 7 hours (when using alkaline batteries or nickel-metal hydride batteries) Varies depending on the batteries used and the conditions of use- Current Consumption:
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
- Base Item
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):
- Warehouse Resealed
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):