Boss Katana Air Wireless Combo Amp
Meet the Boss Katana-Air, the world's first totally wireless guitar amplifier. Featuring new cutting-edge wireless guitar technology developed by Boss, the Katana-Air gives you the freedom to jam and practice without hassling with guitar cables. And with support for battery operation, there's no need to plug into AC either, so you can literally play anywhere!
Though compact in size, the Katana-Air is serious about sound quality. Equipped with pro amp tones and effects from the performance-class Katana amplifiers, this wireless wonder delivers premium guitar sounds for any style of music. To further extend the cable-free experience, you can wirelessly edit and organize sounds with a dedicated app and jam with songs streamed from your smartphone. With the innovative Katana-Air and your favorite axe, casual playing has never been more convenient and inspiring.
The Ultimate Convenience for Jamming and Practice
With its premium Katana sound engine and wireless operation, the Katana-Air makes it easy to enjoy rich, dynamic guitar tones, complete with advanced Boss effects -- anytime and anywhere. And that means you'll play more often, improve your skills, and have more fun. When you want to jam at home, there's no need to set up your big rig or rely on the dry, boxy sound of a mini practice amp. Just plug the Katana-Air's transmitter into your guitar and riff with great sound from anywhere in the room! Thanks to its portable size and ability to run on batteries, the Katana-Air is an equally great companion for travel, parties, jam sessions with friends, and more.
High-Performance Wireless Technology from Boss
The Katana-Air features new low-latency digital wireless guitar technology developed by BOSS, providing transparent sound and ultra-quick response without any lag or dropouts. The included custom wireless transmitter plugs into any electric guitar, and has indicators for power and battery status. A convenient docking port in the amp charges the battery in the transmitter, providing up to 12 hours of total playing time per charge.
Always Ready to Play
Whenever the inspiration strikes, the Katana-Air is always ready to go. It operates in standby mode to conserve energy when idle, and instantly wakes when the transmitter senses motion. This means that you can leave the transmitter connected to your guitar, and then turn the amp on simply by picking up the instrument! And when you stop playing, the transmitter returns to standby mode to conserve your charge. In addition, the transmitter automatically establishes the optimum wireless connection when docked for charging, so there's no complicated setup required.
Premium Katana Amp and Effects Tones
Equipped with the same tones and sound-shaping controls found in the performance-class Katana amplifiers, the Katana-Air offers inspiring sounds for any style. Five unique amp characters provide a wide range of tones, from sparkling clean to BOSS's custom high-gain Brown sound. There*s even an Acoustic character optimized for playing acoustic-electric guitar. The amp also provides integrated access to over 50 Boss effects, including mod, delay, reverb effects optimized for the Katana-Air*s stereo speaker system. And with six onboard memories, you can store and recall your favorite amp and effects setups at any time.
Boss Tone Studio for iOS and Android Devices
The wireless Katana-Air is made even more powerful with its support for external wireless operation via Bluetooth. Available for both iOS and Android devices, the dedicated Boss Tone Studio app gives you complete control of the Katana-Air right from your smartphone or tablet. You're able to adjust all the amp*s panel controls, and get exclusive access to effects types and routings that are only available from the app. You can also save setups to the amp*s memories, organize sound libraries on your device, and download free patch collections directly from Boss Tone Central.
Listen to Your Favorite Music and Play Along
The Katana-Air is a true stereo amplifier with two custom-tuned speakers and up to 30 watts of total power, delivering big, rich sound for both guitar amplification and full-range music reproduction. Over Bluetooth, you can stream music from your mobile device and play along with popular songs, backing tracks, YouTube lessons, and more. And when you just want to kick back, the Katana-Air performs double-duty as a high-quality mobile Bluetooth speaker for enjoying tunes from your music library.
Katana Version 3: Added Effect Types, Real-Time Control Assignments, and Stereo Effects When Recording via USB
The Katana Version 3 update enhances the stage-class Katana amp lineup with even more performance versatility. Effect types include the legendary Roland DC-30 Analog Chorus-Echo, classic BOSS GE-10 Graphic Equalizer, and expressive 95E pedal wah, providing iconic tones that perfectly match the Katana’s Brown amp character. In addition, BOSS Tone Studio offers the ability to assign favorite parameters for quick-access control from the front-panel effects knobs and create custom control assignments for up to three connected expression pedals. And when tracking in a DAW via USB, it’s now possible to capture true stereo sound with many of the Katana’s modulation, EQ, delay, and reverb effects. Katana Version 3 is a free, user-installable update for all Katana owners.
Music Production and Silent PracticeThe Katana-Air also includes a stereo headphones/recording output with guitar cabinet simulation. This lets you directly record pro-quality amp tones and effects in music production software, and enjoy inspiring stereo sound when practicing quietly with headphones. It's even possible to adjust the cab simulation*s mic position with the Air Feel control in the Boss Tone Studio app.
Features- Totally wireless guitar amplifier with newly developed Boss technology delivers rock-solid sound with ultra-low latency
- Custom wireless transmitter plugs into any electric guitar and charges while docked in the amp
- Transmitter provides 12 hours of playing time on a single charge, and automatically enters standby mode to conserve the charge when no activity is detected
- Always ready to play, with motion sensing technology in the transmitter that instantly wakes the amp from power-saving standby mode
- Premium tones derived from the Katana stage amplifier series, with five unique amp characters and access to over 50 world-class Boss effects
- Six onboard memories for storing favorite amp and effects setups
- Powerful stereo speaker system with full-range sound and up to 30 watts of power*
- Edit and organize tones wirelessly with the Boss Tone Studio app for iOS and Android mobile devices
- Play along with music streamed wirelessly from a mobile device via Bluetooth
- Amplifier powered by eight AA-size batteries or included AC adapter
- Aux in for connecting wired devices, plus headphones/recording out for silent practice and music production
- The Katana-Air produces 30 watts of power when connected to AC, and 20 watts of power when running on batteries.
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Boss products.
- Rated Power Output:
- 30 W (15 W+15 W) (when using the AC adaptor)
- 20 W (10 W+10 W) (when using the Alkaline batteries)- Nominal Input Level:
- Input: -10 dBu (1 M ohm)
- AUX In: -10 dBu- Speakers:
7.5 cm (3 inches) x 2- Controls:
- Power Button
- Bluetooth Button
- Master Knob- Amplifier Controls:
- Amp Type Knob
- Gain Knob
- Volume Knob- Equalizer:
- Bass Knob
- Middle Knob
- Treble Knob- Multi Effect:
- BST/Mod Knob
- BST/Mod Button
- Delay/FX Knob
- Delay/FX Button
- Tap Button
- Reverb Knob
- Reverb Button- Tone Setting:
- CH A Button
- CH B Button
- Panel Button- Indicators:
- Guitar Wireless
- CH A
- CH B
- Tap- Connectors:
- Input Jack: 1/4-Inch Phone Type
- AUX IN Jack: Stereo Miniature Phone Type
- Phones/Rec Out Jack: Stereo Miniature Phone Type
- Transmitter In Jack: Stereo 1/4-Inch Phone Type
- USB Port: USB B Type
- DC In Jack- Power Supply:
- AC adaptor (DC 13 V)
- Alkaline battery (AA, LR6) x 8
- Rechargeable Ni-MH battery (AA, HR6) x 8- Current Draw:
680 mA- Expected battery life under continuous use:
- Alkaline battery: Approximately 7 hours
- Rechargeable Ni-MH battery: Approximately 10 hours
- * When using batteries having a capacity of 2500 mAh.
- * These can vary depending on the specifications of the batteries, capacity of the batteries, and the conditions of use.- Dimensions:
- 350 (W) x 144 (D) x 181 (H) mm
- 13-13/16 (W) x 5-11/16 (D) x7-1/8 (H) inches- Weight:
2.2 kg (excluding batteries), 4 lbs 14 oz- Accessories:
Owner*s manual, Leaflet Using the Unit Safely, Transmitter, AC adaptor, Power cordTransmitter (WL-T) Specifications- Nominal Input Level (Guitar Input):
Input: -10 dBu (1 M ohm)- Control:
Power button- Indicator:
Input plug: Stereo 1/4-inch phone type
DC IN 5 V port: USB Micro-B type- Power Supply:
- Rechargeable lithium-ion battery
- Supplied from the DC IN 5 V port- Current Draw:
47 mA- Expected battery life under continuous use:
Approximately 12 hours- Dimensions:
- 87 (W) x 22 (D) x 36 (H) mm
- 3-7/16 (W) x 7/8 (D) x 1-7/16 (H) inches- Weight:
43 g, 2 oz
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):