When you call, mention priority code 20F-KHTT

Rating and Reviews: Boss Katana Air Wireless

Play literally anywhere with the Boss Katana Air wireless combo amplifier -- it comes with a wireless guitar transmitter, and can run on batteries if needed.

"Revisiting the Katana Air" submitted September 5, 2018

By Martin G in Wolcott, CT
Overall
Musical Background: hobbyist......plays mainly guitar, a little piano....on and off for 30 years
Music Style: Blues, Pop
Overall: This is an addendum to my other review above. I have found "peace" with respect to taking advantage of the Katana Air's wireless capabilities. When used in the house, which is how I use it exclusively, I simply leave the amp itself plugged into the wall and fully charge the transmitter. I then plug it into my guitar of choice and leave it there. The light should glow green when plugged into ones guitar. When done using it, hang up your guitar and let the transmitter be. It will power down until you pick up the guitar again. I also press the Power Button on the amp until it is the only button illuminated. It glows orange and is the only button lit on the panel. If you've fresh batteries. you certainly can disconnect from the wall plug and go truly wireless......you give up 30 watt output for 20 watts when running on batteries and charge time for the transmitter becomes less predictable. All things considered, the Katana Air is a unique item, that once understood by its owner can be indeed liberating.

"Questionable Wireless Functionality" submitted August 18, 2018

By Martin G
Music Style: blues
Overall: I may be mis-reading the manual but I've yet to figure out how to keep the wireless transmitter charged. I'm not new at this having gotten Line 6's wireless transmitters when they first arrived on the scene. They were easy to use and worked as advertised. While I am a huge Roland/Boss fan, I'm thinking they may have missed the mark in the "ease of use" category on the Katana Air. From a sound perspective, the amp, when plugged into a wall socket sounds great; just what you'd expect from a Katana amp. And when the transmitter is fully charged, the same can be expected. The problem arises when trying to figure out how to keep it charged. When running the amp on batteries only, this seems this seems to be problematic in that the amp stops charging the transmitter when the batteries are low. The problem is you don't know the transmitter is dead until you try and use it.My most predictable approach is to plug in the amp with the provided DC cable and do my charging while the amp is "hard-wired" to the juice coming from a wall socket.Once the transmitter is fully charged, in this manner, I can disconnect the amp and run it on a fresh set of batteries. This will afford you a "temporary" wireless operation. The transmitter that I received didn't have any where's near the claimed lifespan. I'd be curious to see how other's experience with the Katana Air played out. I will keep fiddling with the KA and if I discover what it takes to make it truly wireless, I'll get back to you in a follow up review. Strangely I did keep this item, hoping for a downloadable software cure.There is a nice free ap that accompanies the KA.....It allows you to change all of the amp's audio settings and to download free patch sets. This works well with my iPhone 7+.

When you call, mention priority code 20F-KHTT. Llame Gratis en Español: 844-432-7449
Lunes-Domingo de 9AM a 7PM EST