Antelope Discrete 8 Audio InterfaceAntelope Audio's DISCRETE 8 Thunderbolt & USB Interface with 8 Discrete Mic Preamps comes complete with eight console-grade, six-transistor, fully-discrete design preamps; 121 dB dynamic range conversion; and rock-solid clocking. It includes all Antelope Audio's premier real time FPGA FX, including authentic models of iconic gear from BAE, Gyraf Audio, LANG, and many more besides. Being based on Antelope Audio's AFX platform -- a rapidly expanding hardware modelling engine -- enables DISCRETE 8 to add Accusonic microphone and preamp models (maintaining the advantages of digital control and repeat-ability of gain levels), guitar amps, transformer and tube effects alongside a huge selection of classic vintage gear to its recording roster. Thanks to Antelope Audio's all-new ConnectAFX plug-in, all are accessible via any DAW (Digital Audio Workstation) with workflow that just -- well, works!
When working, DISCRETE 8 users can create custom presets to easily and speedily set up various tracking scenarios. The front panel features a large monitor volume knob and dedicated HP knobs for each output. On top of that, the talkback microphone is also built into the front panel right above the TBK (talkback) button. Better still, talkback can be engaged via the assignable FOOTSWITCH on the rear, in the EasyPanel software, or via the iOS/Android app. Meanwhile, metering is viewable on the front panel display, inside the EasyPanel, and also via the remote app.
As a 26-input/32-output audio interface with eight analogue inputs (A1 through to A8), eight analogue outputs (on a standard 25-pin D-SUB connector), a pair of MONITOR outputs, two REAMP outputs, and a pair of headphone outputs, with additional digital connectivity courtesy of S/PDIF IN and OUT alongside dual ADAT I/O, DISCRETE 8 was developed after extensive research of legendary microphone preamp circuitry. Console-grade, fully-discrete preamps were hand-designed to offer world-class sound, and Antelope Audio's powerful FPGA (Field Programmable Gate Array) engine can transform those already expensive-sounding Accusonic preamps into several classic units via tube-, transformer-, and FET-based circuitry... and all in realtime!
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Antelope Audio products.
ANALOG- Analog Inputs:
- 6 x Mic / Line Inputs
- 2 x Mic / Line / Hi-Z Inputs- Analog Outputs:
- 1 x Monitor Out on TRS 1/4 Jacks, +20 dBu max
- 1 x ReAmp Out on TRS 1/4 Jacks
- 1 x Line Outs on DB25, +20 dBu max
- 2 x Stereo Headphone Outputs- Mic Preamp:
- EIN: -128 dBu (A-weighted)
- Dynamic Range: -121 dB (A-weighted)
- THD: -106 dB
- Max input: +18 dBu
- Gain Range: 65 dB- D/A Monitor Converter:
- Dynamic Range: 124 dB
- THD + N: -101 dB- A/D Converter:
- Dynamic Range: 121 dB
- THD + N: -112 dB- D/A Converters(Line Out):
- Dynamic Range: 121dB
- THD + N: - 100dBDIGITAL:- Digital Inputs:
- 2 x ADAT (up to 16CH)
- 1 x S/PDIF- Digital Outputs:
- 2 x ADAT (up to 16CH)
- 1 x S/PDIF- USB I/O:
- USB 2.0 Hi-Speed;
- Data stream up to 480 Mbits/192kHz, 24 channels I/O, Type B
- Thunderbolt I/O
- 1 x Thunderbolt, 32 channels I/OCLOCKING:- Word Clock Input:
- 1 x Input @ 75 Ohms 3Vpp on BNC 32 - 192kHz- Word Clock Outputs:
- 3 x Outputs @ 75 Ohms 3Vpp on BNC 32 - 192kHz- Clocking System:
- 4th Generation Acoustically Focused Clocking
- 64-bit DDS- Sample Rates (kHz):
- 32, 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, 192OTHER:- Operating Temperature:
- 0-50*C, 32-122*F- Weight (Approx):
- 3.0 kg/ 6.61 lbs- Dimensions (Approx):
- Width: 483 mm / 19"
- Height: 44 mm / 1.7"
- Depth: 220 mm /8.6"- Power Consumption:
- 20 Watts
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):