The fabulous egg: for bass drum and bass guitar on stage and in the studio. The AKG D112 has earned a well-deserved reputation worldwide as the best kick drum microphone ever made. Heavy-footed drummers are thrilled with the D112's ability to handle up to 160dB SPL without any distortion. The diaphragm has a very low resonance frequency to maintain a solid and powerful response below 100Hz. A narrow band presence boost at 4 kHz punches through dense mixes with forceful impact -- no additional EQ needed!
The D112 is also an excellent choice for use with bass cabinets and trombones.
Hear the AKG D112 in action, miking the kick, in this live jam:
- Large-diaphragm dynamic microphone delivers accurate ultra-deep frequencies
- Bass resonance volume chamber for unique, punchy sound
- Reference dynamic capsule withstands extremely high sound pressure levels up to 160dB SPL
- Integrated hum compensation coil for the cleanest sound
- Established as an industry-standard kick drum microphone on stages worldwide, day by day for over 30 years
- The main difference between the D112 and the D112 MKII is the swivel mount. It's built right in the microphone.