Need some big, powerful, and affordable main speakers for your PA system? Peavey delivers the goods with the full-range PV215 2-Way PA Enclosure. As the largest member of Peavey's long-running "performance-meets-value" PV series, the PV215 cabinet houses two beefy 15" woofers for the low end, plus a RX14 compression driver on a constant-directivity horn that covers a 60 x 40-degree angle. With an impressive 1,400 watts peak power handling (700 watts program), a pair of these speakers can easily rock your party. And with a sturdy wood enclosure, steel grille and handles, and the heavy-duty black carpet cover, your Peavey PV215s will survive the trip back to your practice space.
2-Way Design: Highs, Mids, and Lows
While some 2 x 15" speakers pump the same low-end through both woofer drivers, the PV215 has a 2-way design. That means the bottom woofer handles only the deepest low frequencies, while the middle driver handles both lows and low-mids up to the crossover frequency of 2.6 kHz. Special attention to key mid frequencies means these speakers can cut through for clearer vocals and speech applications. Plus, your PV215's dual 15-inchers are capable of reproducing down to a deep 44 Hz, delivering plenty of low-end punch even when you're not running a separate Peavey PV118 subwoofer.
Plus, since Peavey knows that replacing a blown fuse is far easier than replacing a blown speaker, the PV215's internal crossover network includes tweeter protection to help your speakers stand up to real-world abuse.
Big Speakers, Big Sound, and Still Easy to Move
While the Peavey PV215 enclosures are just over four feet tall, thanks to their passive design, these speakers are relatively light for their size and wattage. At 79 pounds, a PV215 is a piece of cake for one person to roll on a hand truck. And with two 1/4" phone jacks, they're easy to hook up in parallel. But perhaps the most impressive spec with the Peavey PV215 PA speakers is their ultra-low price-to-performance ratio. Good sound on a budget is the name of the game with Peavey's PV series, and the PV215s are no exception.
- 2-way speaker design for pronounced highs, mids, and lows
- 700 watts RMS (program), and 1400 watts peak power handling
- Dual 15" woofers and RX14 1.4" titanium-diaphragm driver
- Rugged steel grill, steel handles, wooden enclosure, and black carpet cover
- Dual 1/4" input jacks
- Exceptional price-to-performance ratio
Peavey's PV series of PA speakers and power amplifiers are a great fit for bands and artists, small- to mid-sized music venues and clubs, mobile DJ rigs, and more. Topping out at a thundering 123.5 dB maximum sound pressure level, the PV215s are hugely popular with anyone who needs a whole lot of power at a budget-friendly price. After all, there aren't many 700-watt RMS speakers available at this price point. But with the Peavey PV215, affordability doesn't mean compromising quality.
zZounds is an authorized dealer of
- Frequency Range (-10 dB, half space): 40Hz to 21kHz
- Frequency Response (+/- 3 dB, half space): 58Hz to 17kHz
- Sensitivity (1w/1m): 98dB
- Power Rating (program): 700 Watts
- Peak Power Capacity (peak): 1,400 Watts
- Maximum SPL: 123.5dB
- Transducer Complement: Dual Peavey heavy duty 15-inch premium woofers, RX14 1.4-inch titanium diaphragm dynamic compression driver on a 60 degrees x 40 degrees coverage constant directivity horn
- Driver Protection: Positive temperature coefficient resistor
- Nominal Coverage Pattern: 60 degrees x 40 degrees
- Electro-acoustic Crossover Frequency: 2.6kHz
- Nominal Impedance: 4 Ohms
- Input Connections: Two 1/4-inch phone jacks in parallel
- Enclosure Materials & Finish: Trapezoidal, black carpet-covered enclosure with dado-joined 1/2-inch MDF (Medium Density Fiberboard) and a full-length, black powdercoated steel grille
Dimensions (H x W x D):
- Front: 48.25 x 18.38 x 14.25 inches (122.6 x 46.7 x 36.2 cm)
- Rear: 48.25 x 11.75 x 14.25 inches (122.6 x 29.8 x 36.2 cm)
- Weight: 79 lbs. (35.9 kg)
- Optional System Upgrades: TLS(TM) 115X add-on subwoofer
- Dimensions and Weight in Packaging
- with Free CBI 16-Gauge Speaker Cable (30 ft.)
- Shipping Weight: 100 lbs
- Base Item
- Shipping Weight: 98 lbs
Peavey proudly introduces some additions to its long-running PV Series, including mixers, equalizers, crossovers, loudspeakers and cables.
- 2-way trapezoidal sound reinforcement enclosures
- 15 in. premium, 2-3/8 in. voice coil woofer
- RX14 compression driver with a 1.4 in. titanium diaphragm 1 in. exit
- 90 degrees x 40 degrees constant directivity horn
- Tweeter protection
- Heavy-duty crossover
- Heavy-duty metal grille