See No Evil, Hear No Evil: The Zoom Q4 Camcorder
Capture the moment like never before on the Zoom Q4 Handy Video Camera Recorder! This camcorder redefines state-of-the-art portable video with stunning X/Y stereo audio for next-level recordings. The ultra-compact Q4 delivers pristine clarity and definition in an impressively user-friendly camera without ever sacrificing a single nuance. Musicians, journalists and videographers alike finally have a worthy option for hi-def, hi-res portable recording.
Get a quick introduction to Zoom Q4:
The Q4's HQ 130-degree wide-angle lens (Fixed Focus f/2.8) delivers remarkable 1920x1080 HD video. AUTO/CONCERT/NIGHT image sensors integrate with the lens for any lighting environment, ensuring faithful colors and contrast to every shot. Record standard or high definition MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 files directly to the onboard SD card slot (in 3 HD or 2 WVGA output options). The full color 2" rotating LCD variable-angle screen and built-in speaker supplies instant preview capability -- or detach it entirely for extra portability and extended battery life.
Fuss-Free Brilliant Audio
Your sound is as important as your scene -- a great video with bad audio is a wasted recording. But unfortunately, impromptu, on-the-fly videography can be ruined by the on-board mics on even some of the fanciest cameras. Zoom's established standard of portable audio recording complements your HD picture with crisp, clean, professional-sounding AAC/WAV-format audio at resolutions up to 96kHz/24-bit PCM. The Q4's ultra-portable design helps you capture usable audio without a bag of external equipment and cables.
Zoom Audio Recorder Pedigree
The Q4's wide-angle X/Y microphone utilizes two matched unidirectional elements for wide stereo imaging with sharp and balanced center channel recording. Automatic/manual gain control, a built-in low-cut filter and illuminated peak LED indicators allow for fast tweaking to make sure you're catching the perfect levels. The stereo line-level headphone output facilitates professional monitoring with any pair of 3.5mm headphones, while a dedicated volume control allows you to listen comfortably without affecting recording levels. The supplied professional hairy windscreen comes in handy on outdoor shoots -- gone are the days of noisy footage! Alternatively, a stereo mic line-level input accepts signal from external mics, feeds from mixers or other devices -- so you can use your existing gear to broaden the possibilities even further.
Mini-USB and Micro-HDMI Audio/Video Outputs
Want to live-stream a performance? Connect the Q4's mini-USB port to your computer, and you've got a webcam with a USB mic. Want to play back your video on the big screen? The Q4's micro-HDMI video out connection streams your picture to any HDMI-enabled TV or monitor.
Creative Input, Industry-Standard Output
The Q4 is powered by a single supplied lithium-ion (Li-Ion) battery, which can be recharged with the use of an optional AC adapter or by connecting the Q4 to your computer via USB. Battery life is approximately three hours when shooting video at 720p/30fps or two hours when shooting at 1080/30fps, giving you even more freedom to leave the cords behind. Use the Q4 handheld or mounted (compatible with any standard tripod or 3 prong action mount) -- the creative options are endless.
- Capture HD video with full-resolution stereo audio
- Record directly to SD/SDHC/SDXC card (up to 128GB)
- Fixed Focus (f/2.8) 130-degree wide angle lens
- MPEG-4 AVC / H.264 video format in HD1080p 30fps, HD720p 60fps, HD720p 30fps, WVGA 60fps or WVGA 30fps resolution
- X/Y stereo format microphone (maximum sound pressure input: 130dB SPL, input gain: +7dB to +47dB)
- 3 position MIC GAIN switch with Auto-Gain control and illuminated Peak LED
- 16/24bit / 44.1/48/96kHz WAV or 64-320kbps 48kHz AAC audio format
- Detachable full-color 2" flip-screen LCD display (with built in speaker)
- Mic/line level input for external microphones or audio sources
- Line-level/headphone output with dedicated volume control
- HDMI video output selectable between NTSC and PAL
- USB interface for live streaming / data transfer to and from computer
- USB cable, Rechargeable lithium ion (Li-Ion) battery (BT-02) Hairy windscreen and attachment screw included
- Standard tripod mount, also compatible with all three-prong action mounts
Don't just get footage -- capture experiences. The Zoom Q4 Handy Video Camera Recorder offers everything from casual recording to videographer-level professional footage in a lightweight, portable, powerful design.
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Zoom products.