Get Creative with Yamaha's Top-of-the-Line PSR Arranger Synth!The Yamaha PSR-S970 Arranger Workstation keyboard bridges the gap between the professional musician and the casual hobbyist. For the keyboardist who's new to synth workstations, this flagship of the PSR line offers hundreds of easy-to-use auto-accompaniment Styles that effortlessly back up your playing with rhythm parts, bass, and more -- making you sound like a full band with very little effort.
For the seasoned pro looking to add richness to their compositions, the S970 has a deep sound set of expressive voices, a microphone input and a stunning vocal harmony engine. The PSR-S970 is a step up from the PSR-S770, with its superior soundset, higher-quality speakers and much more. The PSR-S970 is also now expandable up to 512MB with Yamaha's VSE Voice and Style Expansion packs.
And no matter what your experience level, you'll love the ability to record and play back full-quality WAV audio or MP3 files -- and even record yourself directly to a USB thumb drive.
A Well-Stocked Sound SetWith nearly 1500 sounds -- including expressive Super Articulation patches -- you will have inspiration at your fingertips. With the S970, you get sensational sounds including the Yamaha staple grand pianos, rich orchestral pads, chugging synths, a wide selection of percussion from around the world, and even Yamaha's endlessly customizable Organ Flutes.
Super Articulation voices lend an uncanny realism to acoustic instruments -- capturing articulations like note bends, trills, fall-offs, and staccato arpeggios during performance. Play a guitar sound and you'll hear authentic open and muted strings, slides, strums, and body noises. Dial in distortion effects based on digital models of classic guitar amps and effects pedals. All of the voices you hear sound real because they are real -- you're actually playing a sound that was sampled from a real instrument. For even more possibilities, you can download more sounds with Yamaha's Voice and Style Expansion packs.
Audio Styles: More than just MIDIBecome the conductor of your own band. Your PSR-S970 comes loaded with 450 wide-ranging Styles to fit your favorite kinds of music. Select a Style like 60'sGuitarPop, JazzClub, or Sci-FiMarch to instantly call up layers of sounds and rhythms that support the music you have in mind. Then conduct your virtual band with the S970's range of dedicated buttons. The PSR-S970 arranger includes 40+ cutting-edge Audio Styles, with live, time-stretchable recordings of audio drum and percussion ensembles from around the world -- plus Yamaha's Guitar-Enhanced Styles, which reproduce chord voicings used by guitarists to add more realism to your playing.
Record Vocals, Guitar, and MoreThe PSR-S970 wouldn't be a workstation without a flexible MIDI sequencer and audio recorder. You can record your compositions in real time, or one step at a time with the 16-track sequencer. Plug in a microphone or guitar and record audio along with your sequence, using Vocal Harmony 2 to fill in 3-part harmony along with your voice.
Of course, the PSR-S970 gives you access to a wealth of vocal processing, like reverb, chorus, and even a Vocoder for that ever-popular "robot" effect. With Pitch Shift, you can put the track in a key that you're comfortable singing in, without changing the tempo. Are you ready to share your music with the world? Plug in a USB stick and record your sequenced compositions as .WAV audio, directly to USB memory -- or record your live playing or singing with MP3 files on the USB stick. The PSR-S970 is your personal production studio.
Karaoke Night, Anyone?The Vocal Cancel function lets you take the vocal track away from the audio file you want to play, giving you the ability to sing your favorite songs karaoke-style. With the S970's big, bright color screen, you see song lyrics and music notation as the song plays. But sometimes you need an even bigger display. That's why there's a convenient RCA video out port, so you can plug in a bigger screen.
Features:- MP3 playback support
- Large 7-inch LCD color display
- 1500 voices and 450 styles
- Super Articulation, Mega Voices, Real Distortion and Audio Styles
- 512 MB storage for extra expandability
- Downloadable Voice and Style Expansion packs
- Microphone input with Vocal Harmony
- Record audio directly to a USB stick
- Loads of effects -- reverb, chorus, vocoder, and more
- Room-filling built-in 2 x 15-watt speaker system
- iPhone, iPad, and iPod connectivity with Yamaha's i-MX1 MIDI interface
Power Supply: PA-300C Power Cord (Included)
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Yamaha products.
- Number of Keys: 61
- Touch Response: Hard1, Hard2, Medium, Soft1, Soft2
- Control Knobs: 2 (assignable)
- Display Type: TFT Color Wide VGA LCD
- Display Size: 7 inch
- Display Color: Color
- Language: English, German, French, Spanish, Italian
- Panel Language: English
- Tone Generating Technology: AWM Stereo Sampling
- Number of Polyphony (Max.): 128
- Number of Voices: 989 Voices + 41 Drum/SFX Kits + 480 XG Voices
- Featured Voices: 131 S.Art!, 30 Mega Voices, 31 Sweet! Voices, 74 Cool! Voices, 89 Live! Voices, 30 Organ Flutes!
- Compatibility: XG, GS, GM, GM2
- Expansion Voice: Yes (approx. 512MB max.)
- Part: Right 1, Right 2, LeftEffects Types:
- Reverb: 52 Presets + 3 User
- Chorus: 106 Presets + 3 User
- DSP: 322 Presets(with VCM) + 10 User
- Master Compressor: 5 Presets + 5 User
- Master EQ: 5 Presets + 2 User
- Part EQ: 27 parts
- Mic/Guitar effects: Noise Gate x 1, Compressor x 1, 3Band EQ x 1
- Internal Memory: approx. 13 MB
- External Drives: USB Flash Memory (via USB to DEVICE)
- FOOT PEDAL: 1 (SUSTAIN), 2 (ARTICULATION), Function Assignable
- Microphone: Microphone/Guitar x 1
- MIDI: IN, OUT
- AUX IN: Stereo mini jack
- LINE OUT: L/L+R, R
- Amplifiers: 15 W x 2
- Speakers: 13 cm x 2 + 2.5 cm (dome) x 2
- Power Supply: PA-300C or an equivalent recommended by Yamaha
- Power Consumption: 20 W
- Included Accessories: Owner's Manual, Online Member Product Registration, Music Rest, AC Adaptor
- Number of Multi Pad Banks: 188 banks x 4 Pads
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
- Base Item
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):
- Warehouse Resealed
If you have additional warranty questions, please contact the manufacturer at 714-522-9011
Yamaha PSR-S970 Arranger WorkstationThe Yamaha PSR-S970 features two assignable live controllers, a modulation wheel and two assignable foot pedal inputs, ensuring that you have total control over voices, styles, effects and other functions during live performance.
DJ Styles are a great live performance concept, featuring a collection of chord progressions that eliminate the need for continuous chord changes with the left hand. Now you've got both hands free to play melody lines, use the Live Controllers, or even trigger additional external audio with the Multi Pads to add a unique flair to your performance.
Features:- Wireless Audio & MIDI features utilize WiFi to stream audio and MIDI to/from your iOS device and your Yamaha instrument to integrate with compatible iOS apps
- Assignable real-time control knobs allow you to filter and adjust your sound just like an analog synthesizer.
- Accompaniment Styles add a "backing band" to your performances while you remain in complete control of chord changes and arrangements.
- Modulation wheel
- Voice & Style Expansion Packs enable you to customize your PSR-S series Arranger Workstation with a wide range of additional content from all over the world.
- USB Audio Recording & Playback captures performances on a USB drive
- 450 Styles, including DJ styles, and 40 Audio Styles
- DJ Styles are pre-programmed with chord progressions leaving your hands free to play melodies or tweak the real-time control knobs.
- The 16-track song recorder/player lets you create full arrangements or play back songs
- MegaVoices feature various playing articulations, techniques and performance sounds and are used in accompaniment Styles to provide ultra-realistic expression.
- 989 Voices, including Super Articulation Voices, Organ Flutes! Voices. 41 Drum/SFX kits, and 480 XG voices
- 2 Live Controllers for dynamic real-time control assignable to any combination of parameters including filter, arpeggio and more
- Vocal Harmony 2 and Synth Vocoder functions
- Mic/Guitar input for use when singing or collaborating with other performers
- New Arpeggio function for instant access to a library of arpeggiated synth phrases and more
- External display capability
- Real Distortion and Real Reverb, with an intuitive effects interface