Yamaha HPHMT5 are high-grade monitor headphones that deliver a balanced sound faithful to the source. Perfect for in the studio, music production at home, or for personal listening. Comfortable monitoring even during lengthy, extended sessions thanks to ultra lightweight 250g hardware.
The HPH-MT series continues the design philosophy of Yamaha's studio monitor speakers, which is to deliver faithful reproduction of the source signal. The design of the MT7-the first product in the series to be released-features a tuning forks mark in the center of a circular housing, with the headphone arm offset in a configuration that is simple yet durable and stylish. The MT5 and MT8 follow the same basic design philosophy with the addition of a folding mechanism and a detachable cable, completing a high-performance lineup. These additional capabilities brought with them a problem: the durability of the movable sections. By adding a rounded "waist" to the folding mechanism connecting the two arms to the broad headband, Yamaha were able to give it a rational strength without compromising on the flexibility of the mechanism. This "waist" also serves as somewhere for the fingers to grip when adjusting the slide.
- 40 mm custom drivers with CCAW voice coils deliver a broad frequency range from 20Hz to 20kHz
- Closed-back, circumaural design for excellent isolation
- 250g light weight, smooth synthetic leather and low-resistance cushions ensure stress-free wearability
arm pivot construction and adjustable slider length alleviate fatigue when working for extended periods
- Moveable earcups allow single-ear monitoring
- Thick, durable ABS housing and folding arm ideal for use in tough working environments or travel
- Straight 3 m cable suitable for use in a wide variety of applications *6.3 mm diameter standard stereo plug adaptor included
- Convenient carrying bag included