Waldorf is proud to announce an exciting chapter in their tradition of designing high-end ground breaking synthesizers -- the Quantum. Starting with Waldorf's famous wavetable technology developed decades ago, it was always a challenge to give synth instruments a powerful flexible beating heart. Waldorf's digital oscillators coupled to the enormous power and efficient simplicity of their analog filters started the digital revolution back in the 80s.
Quantum combines the raw power of a classic digital & analog hybrid synthesizer with futuristic sounds that are only possible with today's software synthesizers.
3 Oscillators, 4 Synthesis Algorithms Each:
- Waldorf-style Wavetables with the latest additions from Nave, including speech synthesis and wavetable generation from audio
- Classic Synthesizer Waveforms with multiple waves for ultra fat sounds right out of the oscillators
- Granular Sampler with multi sampling plus traditional sampling mode
- Resonator for virtual sound sculpting
The flexibility emanating from Quantum's powerful oscillators and their interaction with one another is simply breath-taking. Never before has it ever been possible to create such a wide sonic bandwidth with one synthesizer. Stretching from classic analog, with precise sample playback, through to harsh or animated digital sounds, escalating all the way up to sound and sequence clusters that can only be achieved with a modular synthesizer system.
Quantum's beautiful ergonomic…
and intuitive user panel supports an artist's workflow with a previously unknown elegance. The carefully crafted array of aluminum knobs and encoders surround an ultra hi-resolution multi touch display. Waldorf engineers spent many long hours perfecting the interaction between the display and the physical control elements. The stunning display is a highly flexible extension of the tactile experience, and is light-years ahead of any synthesizer currently on the market today.
To help understand functional correlations between one knob and another, each control knob is individually illuminated by a multi-color LED. This makes it instantly obvious when viewing complex settings and modulation settings, where related parameters can be adjusted quickly and efficiently. With the help once again of the gorgeous central display, precise settings can be handled with ease, much the same as the experience when using your cutting edge computer tablet.
When the Waldorf engineers decided to develop Quantum, little did they realize it would take several years of painstaking work. There were areas of Quantum that years of experience with sound generation were bought to the fore. But Quantum is so powerful it took the Waldorf team into uncharted territory, involving both sound and the way it was felt the musician would interact with it.
Quantum was designed and developed by Waldorf in Germany. All essential components have been designed, manufactured and assembled in Germany. This has allowed Waldorf to manufacture Quantum with an unparalleled build quality.
Features:- Digital-Analog Hybrid Architecture
- 61-Key Fatar TP8 Keybed
- 8 Voices, plus multi-timbrality
- 3 stereo digital oscillators per voice, each capable of four synthesis algorithms
- Wavetable creation from audio and sample based synthesis
- Two analogue lowpass filters per voice
- Visualization and deeper sound editing via multi-touch display
- Superior key controls, Arpeggiator, and Step Sequencer
- 6 LFOs and 6 Loopable envelopes with multistage LFO/Env modulator
- 5 master effects with separate sections for each timbre
- Internal Memory plus expandable SD slot for firmware and samples
- Extensive suite of I/O including USB host/device and multiple stereo outs