Use a Matched Pair to Capture Equal Tonality in the Stereo Field!
What's more useful than a Rode NT55? A pair of Rode NT55s. Available as a stereo matched pair in the Rode NT55-MP set, the Rode NT55 small-diaphragm condenser microphone utilizes the 1/2" gold sputtered true condenser transducer used in the internationally renowned Rode NT5. The NT55 upgrades the NT5, adding switchable omni and cardioid capsules, a three-position 0/-10/-20 dB pad, and a three-position high-pass filter.
A Workhorse Small-Diaphragm Condenser
The NT55 is a low-noise, balanced output microphone, exhibiting a wide dynamic range and full frequency response. Although clearly relevant to instrument miking, the NT55 is extremely well-suited to any situation where a small, unobtrusive, but powerful microphone system is required.
Capture Acoustic Instruments
The NT55 is intended for Film, Television, Broadcast, Live Performance, Theatre, Surround and Environmental recording applications, or wherever your imagination takes you. These small-diaphragm condenser mics are ideal for capturing drum overheads, acoustic piano, room ensembles, acoustic guitar, violin, saxophone, and more.
Switchable Omni and Cardioid Capsules
The NT55 comes with two different condenser microphone heads. Try an ORTF or X/Y stereo pair with the cardioid capsules attached, or try the omni capsules for spaced pairs or incredibly natural-sounding spot mics.
Three-Position Pad and High-Pass Filter
The NT55 circuit incorporates a three position variable PAD with 0 dB, -10 dB or -20 dB attenuation, and a three-position variable high-pass filter that enables you to step from a flat response to 75 or 150 Hz high pass filter.
- Matched Pair of NT55 microphones for stereo recording
- Switchable omni and cardioid capsules included
- Switchable 0/-10/-20 dB pad
- Three-position high-pass filter: flat, 75 Hz, or 150 Hz roll-off
- Case, windscreen, and clips included
- Active JFET impedance converter with bipolar output buffer
- Durable satin nickel finish
zZounds is an authorized dealer of RODE products.
- Acoustic Principle: Pressure Gradient
- Active Electronics: JFET impedance converter with bipolar output buffer
- Capsule: 0.50"
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid, Omnidirectional
- Address Type: End
- Frequency Range: 20Hz - 20kHz
- Output Impedance: 100 Ohm
- Maximum SPL: 136dB SPL (@ 1kHz, 1% THD into 1KO load)
- Maximum Output Level: 8.0dBu (@ 1kHz, 1% THD into 1KO load)
- Sensitivity: -38.0dB re 1 Volt/Pascal (12.60mV @ 94 dB SPL) +/- 2 dB @ 1kHz
- Equivalent Noise Level (A-weighted) : 15dB-A
- Power Options: +48V phantom power
- Weight: 220.00gm
- Dimensions: (H x W x D) 145.00 x 20.00 x 20.00mm
- Output: XLR Output
- Warranty: 1 year with free extension to 10 years following registration
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):