A Little Head with Big Sound Inspired by Jim Root's Rockerverb 100
For such a compact and lightweight head, the Orange Signature 4 Jim Root Terror boasts a loud and powerful all-tube metal tone. Jim Root's work with Slipknot and Stone Sour encapsulates a sought-after metal and rock sound with its own character. Your Signature 4 head sports dynamic three-band EQ controls, a master volume knob, and a vibrant master gain knob. This Orange head is dressed in vintage colors, with the vintage Orange logo with Jim Root's signature on the front panel. Pictures instead of words mark the function of each control, and a 15-watt/7-watt switch lets you control your wattage output for different scenarios. This compact head displays dynamic gain levels and a lot of punch for its size.
Get an overview of the Orange Signature #4 Jim Root Terror Guitar Amplifier Head in this video demo:
Based on Root's Rockerverb's Lead Channel
Orange took Jim Root's Rockerverb 100 amp lead channel and packed all that punch into this small all-tube head. Though Root's sound is heavy and akin to metal, this head won't be pigeonholed with its dynamic gain and three-band EQ controls.
A Colorful Tonal Range from a Few Controls
The controls on your head's front panel may be minimal, but you get a broad range of sound without any unnecessary flair. Your three-band EQ really pushes/pulls your highs, mids, and lows dramatically, and your gain control pushes your drive through significantly different stages of tonal breakup. Also, you don't have to stick with metal. You can get bluesy tone, a rock sound, or even a funky bright tone all from this compact head. This beast really packs a hot signal with a dynamic tonal reach that'll keep you busy honing in on your own tone.
See how hard you can shred with the Signature #4 Jim Root Terror Head:
Best Paired with Orange's Signature Cab
This head works best with Orange's Signature cab. Its Orange Voice Of The World speakers nicely project your different stages of gain break-up, but your Signature 4 Jim Root Terror head has two 8 ohm and one 16 ohm speaker outs for different cab options. With this head's dynamic high-gain output, you can't go wrong.
Cool Vintage Look
Orange went with a vintage outer casing design with this little monster of a head. You have the instantly recognizable Orange name, the vintage Orange logo, and simple control knobs. Your knobs include pictures to reference their functions, rather than words or labels. Jim Root's signature is also featured on the front panel just above your bass EQ control.
Choose Between 7 or 15 Watts
If you still want that warm tube in a quieter setting for rehearsing or recording, your Signature 4 Jim Root Terror head has a switch for a lower wattage setting of 7 watts. Your dynamic gain control will still give you a wide variety of power and break up on this lower setting -- leaving you with more tonal options to get out of this lunchbox-sized beast.
- Single channel based on Root's Rockerverb 100 amp lead channel
- Two EL84 power tubes, three 12AX7 preamp tubes, and one 12AT7 effects loop tube
- Two 8 ohm and one 16 ohm speaker outs
- 4-stage high-gain preamp
- Switch between 7 or 15 watts
- Master volume and gain knobs, three band EQ controls
- Valve FX loop
- Cool vintage outer casing with controls pictures
- Gig bag included
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Orange Amplification products.
- All valve
- 1.5mm Zintec chassis with vented steel top case
- High gain 4 stage preamp
- Valve FX loop
- "Rockerverb" tone stackControls
- Volume, Bass, Middle, Treble, GainOutput Power (Heads and Combos)
- 15 & 7 WattsValves (Heads and Combos)
- Power amp: 2 xEL84
- Preamp: 3 x Ecc83/12ax7
- FX Loop 1 x Ecc81/12ax7Speaker Output Options (Heads)
- 1 x 16 Ohm cabinet connected to the 16 Ohm output
- 1 x 8 Ohm cabinet connected to one of the 8 Ohm outputs
- 2 x 16 Ohm cabinets each connected to one of the 8 Ohm outputsUnboxed Dimensions
- H (in) 7.48
- W (in) 11.93
- D (in) 6.02Unboxed Weight
- 12.57 lb
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):