Analog Purist? Here's Your Delay Pedal!
The folks at Moog have delivered a delay pedal that pays homage to tradition while doing justice to the modern. Moog's Minifooger MF Delay effect pedal is exactly what you'd expect in a delay stompbox. It's got classic controls like delay time and feedback level, and one large metal footswitch for you to stomp on. There's also a drive control to add genuine, warm analog overdrive, and a mix control which lets you output anything from pure "dry" signal to pure "wet" effect and everything in between.
Watch this demo from zZounds:
Pure Analog Power
The beauty of the MF Delay is that the components are 100% analog. It's constructed of over 300 specially selected analog components, so you'll get an effect that's pure analog tone -- warm and rich like a classic rock song -- without the noise you often get from pedals which mimic analog circuits with cheaper digital components. If you're an analog purist, you'll love the sound you're able to get with Moog's MF Delay pedal!
The MF Delay includes a standard 1/4-inch port for connecting an expression pedal to help you fine-tune your delay and add organic character. The expression pedal can control either time or feedback, and is switchable via an internal switch. When controlling time, the expression pedal can be used for chorus- and flange-like effects, and when used to control feedback, the expression pedal can be used to swell in and out of infinite feedback loops. So grab an expression pedal and experience the warmth of true analog delay.
- Delay footpedal with pure analog circuitry
- Includes four independent Bucket Brigade Delay analog chips and vintage compander
- Controls knobs for Time, Feedback, Drive, and Mix
- Analog delay from 35 to 700 milliseconds (0.7 seconds)
- Over 22 dB of analog drive
- Feedback range from zero to infinite
- Mix between all or no effect
- Expression pedal port lets you control Time or Feedback via expression pedal (switchable via internal switch)
- True analog bypass
- Designed to work with guitars and basses
- 1/4-inch input and output
- 1/4-inch port for expression pedal (sold separately)
- Powered via 9V battery or with optional 9V power adapter (sold separately)
- Rugged cast aluminum enclosure
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Moog Music products.
- SIGNAL PATH: 100% Analog
- BYPASS TYPE: True bypass
- POWER: +9VDC
- WEIGHT: 18oz (0.5kg)
- ENCLOSURE: Cast aluminum
- DIMENSIONS: (D x W x H) 5.75 x 3.25 x 2.25" (14.4 x 8.3 x 5.8cm)
- DELAY TIME: <35mS - 700mS
- DRIVE: >22dB range
- EXPRESSION: Selectable - Controls Time or FeedBack (Max Input level +5VDC)
- INPUT IMPEDANCE: >1 MegaOhm
- OUTPUT IMPEDANCE: 1000 Ohm Max
- MAX OUTPUT LEVEL: +10dB
If you have additional warranty questions, please contact the manufacturer at 828-251-0090
Moog Minifooger MF Delay Effect PedalThe Moog Minifooger MF Delay is a 100% analog delay providing 35mS-700mS of rich, blooming analog repeats. At shorter settings, the MF Delay is fast and articulate. This is perfect for creating classic slap-back sounds with expressive swells, and even plate-verbs. At medium and long settings, the repeats become darker, naturally trailing into a beautiful warmth and character not found in any other delay pedal. Connect an expression pedal and dynamically control feedback swells, or switch to delay time to create chorus/flange and tape delay effects. The MF Delay was designed with over 300 carefully selected components including 4 Bucket Brigade Delay chips, a discrete JFET input stage, and a vintage compander circuit for superior tone and feel.
- Adjustable from 35mS - 700mS. At shorter settings, delay repeats are brighter and more articulate
- Perfect for slap-back and plate-style reverb/delay. As you increase the Time, the delay trails become warmer causing sounds to move and decay naturally under each new note or chord.
Adjustable from a single repeat with no decay, to extended trails that dissipate into a reverb-like state. When pushed past 2 o'clock feedback trails swell into infinity. This is an excellent creative tool for making sonic beds and trails where notes decay into a wash of musical noise. Pushed to maximum, the MF Delay will self oscillate.
Allows you to determine the blend between dry and effected signals. At minimum, delay trails are nearly inaudible. This is useful for ghost delays and creating natural room-verb sounds. At maximum, your dry signal is removed completely, which allows the MF Delay to work perfectly in an amplifier effects loop.
A pre-delay circuit that provides greater than 22dB of gain to both input and delayed signal. At low ranges it is excellent for creating subtle boost and mild tonal coloration. At middle position the sound becomes more mid-forward and punchy. At its maximum position, you have an incredibly natural boost/overdrive in your delay pedal that is great by itself or paired with an MF Drive.
EXPRESSION PEDAL INPUT
When assigned to Time, this input allows you to create everything from chorus/flange effects and tape delay to monstrous pitch shifting. When assigned to Feedback, this input allows you to swell in and out of infinite feedback loops and subtle delay trails.
Features:- True Bypass
- 700ms of Bucket Brigade based analog delay
- >22dB of classic drive for boost and color
- Feedback range from zero to infinite
- Expression pedal input provides control of Time or Feedback
- Mix control allows dry signal to be completely eliminated
- Over 300 carefully selected components
- Vintage compander circuit.
- Designed to perform with any Guitar, Amp, or Bass guitar configuration