A Speaker Enhanced With On-Board Effects and Presets
The Mackie DLM12 is a fantastic choice for a wide range of live sound applications and users. With 2000 watts of efficient class D power running through Mackie's innovative TruSource driver alignment technology, this compact speaker produces clear and powerful sound with an array of mixing tools to put it to work. As part of the innovative DLM series of powered speakers, the DLM12 includes effects, presets, and other tools to bring out the best expression of your sound in any environment. From solo singer-songwriters and DJs to full bands, business presentations, and houses of worship, there's a Mackie DLM configuration to suit any live sound situation.
Check out this video for an overview of the DLM series:
Onboard Digital Mixer and Presets
The DLM12 features an huge array of presets and mixing options, which are easily accessible through the onboard DL2 digital mixer. For starters, you get two channels with combo TRS/XLR jacks to accommodate virtually any input source. Channel two includes stereo RCA inputs to connect MP3 players and other media sources, while a thru output jack enables easy connection to additional speakers. Once you've got your inputs set, the DL2 digital mixer allows intuitive control of your sound with individual three-band EQ on each input, multi-band feedback suppression, and 16 gig-ready effects. Also included are six different speaker modes specifically voiced to cater to various performance scenarios. The 'soloist' mode, for example, brings out the best of a guitar and vocal input, while the 'DJ' mode accentuates those frequencies need to really shake the dancefloor. Once you've selected the effects and modes you want to use and crafted the best setup for a gig, you can save all settings in one of three user presets locations.
TruSource Driver Alignment
One of the many innovative features of the DLM series is the introduction of Mackie's TrueSource driver alignment technology. By aligning a 1.75-inch compression driver and 12-inch woofer into a single vertical column, the DLM12 increases efficiency while reducing the overall weight and size of the entire speaker. TruSource technology effectively centers the entire frequency range (an impressive 38Hz - 20kHz) to one point which reduces overlap and fidelity loss that sometimes comes with traditional 2-way systems.
Easy Portability and Versatile Setup Options
For all its many features and uses, the DLM12 remains a remarkably small unit, coming in at a full third smaller than comparable powered speakers. As any mobile DJ will appreciate, a pair of DLM12s can easily fit in the trunk of your car and make it to the stage in one trip. A set of M10 rigging hardware makes installation a breeze, while a standard speaker-stand socket allows mounting on stands or in a satellite setup with a subwoofer. The DLM12 also makes a fine stage monitor, with a built-in kickstand along with a monitor preset mode. If you have multiple DLM speakers set up at a distance, the DLM12 is equipped to compensate for the difference with up to 300 milliseconds of alignment delay.
- 2000 watts of efficient class D power
- Extremely compact and portable with total weight of 30 lbs (13.6 kg)
- Mackie's common-magnet TruSource driver alignment with 12-inch woofer and 1.75-inch compression driver
- Six speaker modes to match various applications and settings
- Intuitive DL2 digital mixer
- Independent three-band EQ, level and effects control on each channel
- 16 gig-ready effects including reverb, chorus, and delay
- Two combo XLR/TRS inputs as well as a stereo RCA input for media sources
- Three memory locations to store presets of settings
- Kickstand to prop speaker as stage monitor
- Standard M10 rigging hardware and speaker-stand socket
- Alignment delay up to 300ms to delay signal in arrays and installations
With the introduction of the DLM series, Mackie has made a major step forward in the world of portable powered speakers. The wealth of onboard mixing options, effects, and presets primes these speakers for use in just about any live sound scenario with plenty of power to get the job done. Easily portable and refreshingly affordable, the DLM series might just be -- as Mackie puts it -- "the new shape of sound."
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Mackie products.
- Power: 2000W System Power
- Max SPL Peak: 127dB @ 1m
- Frequency Response: 38Hz - 20kHz, (-10dB)
- Pole Socket Size: 1-3/8" (35 mm)
- Physical Dimensions: 15.9" x 15.3" x 14.3"
- Weight: 30.0 lbs. / 13.6 kg
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
- Base Item
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):
- Scratch and Dent
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):