Volca Drums: The Ideal Instrument for Thrifty Beat Producers
Since the '80s, analog drum machines have delivered snappy snare hits, thick bass kicks, and an old-school feel that many musicians and producers still prefer to acoustic drum kits. Korg keeps the tradition alive with the Volca Beats Analog Rhythm Machine. This entry-level analog beat box provides a powerful EDM production tool in a highly portable, battery-operated unit.
An Analog Drum Machine for On-The-Go Artists
Volca Beats is the ideal instrument for anyone looking for a portable analog drum machine. Weighing less than one pound, and complete with built-in speakers, Volca Beats is a truly just that. The unit runs on six AA batteries for approximately 10 hours. The unit may also be powered by regular AC power adapter if preferred (sold separately). It's also truly compact, with a minimal form factor and lightweight design. Volca Beats is one drum kit that won't weigh you down.
Analog Drum Sounds and Electribe-Inspired Sequencer
Volca Bass is not just an analog drum machine, it's also an Electribe-inspired 16-step sequencer, with onboard memory for storing 8 of your favorite patterns. That means you can immediately recall your favorite drum kits and patterns with the press of a button -- a totally modern twist on an otherwise analog beat box. Volca beats provides six analog drum parts (kick, snare, hi tom, lo tom, closed hi hat, and open hi hat) and four PCM drum parts (clap, claves, agogo, and crash) all of which are fully editable with knobs and buttons on the unit. Everything is right in front of you, so you can tweak and edit parameters until it sounds just the way you like it.
Works with Other Volca Synths
Volca Beats can easily integrate with other Korg Volca synths via the provided Sync In/Out port. Volca units may also be integrated with your existing DAW or MIDI environment via the provided MIDI port.
Learn more about the Korg Volca Beats in this overview demo:
- Portable analog drum machine with sequencer
- Multi-touch keyboard and internal speakers
- Supports ten drum parts simultaneously: six analog drum parts and four PCM drum parts
- Analog drum types: kick, snare, hi tom, lo tom, closed hi hat, and open hi hat
- PCM drum types: clap, claves, agogo, and crash
- Editable kick parameters: click, pitch, decay, part level
- Editable snare parameters: snappy, pitch, decay, part level
- Editable tom parameters: hi pitch, lo pitch, decay, part level
- Editable hat parameters: closed decay, open decay, grain, part level
- Editable PCM parameters: speed, part level
- Stutter effect provided
- Automation function provided for recording your edits for playback as patterns
- 16 step sequencer with memory for 8 stored patterns
- 1/8 inch Sync In and Sync Out for synchronizing with other Volca units
- 1/8 inch headphone output
- MIDI In
- Powered via six internal AA batteries or AC power adapter (sold separately)
- Unit runs approximately 10 hours on alkaline batteries
- Unit weighs less than 1 pound
Whether you're looking for your first drum machine or looking to add true analog drum sounds to your mixes, Korg's Volca Beats offers a remarkably affordable analog drum machine and step sequencer in a surprisingly portable unit.
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Korg products.