The MS-20 played a vital role in KORG's history as a synthesizer brand. Even after sales of the original, released in the late '70s, came to an end, KORG has carried on the MS-20 tradition in a mini-sized reissue, a software synthesizer plugin, and even a kit version.
These were driven by Korg's pride in their synthesizer heritage, an understanding of its historical significance, a responsibility to faithfully carry on the analog circuit technology that developed over the years, and a desire to pass on its generation-spanning sound to the future.
And now, Korg has resumed production of a completely assembled full-size MS-20, which had in 2014 been produced only in very small numbers as a kit. But in addition to faithfully recreating the sound, feel, and analog circuitry, this full-size reissue will consist of limited numbers of four different powder-coated color variations.
See how the Korg MS-20 FS made waves at the 2020 NAMM Show in our exclusive video:
This MS-20 FS is the genuine MS-20 made by KORG, faithful to the original in every way. Today, 40 years after first appearing in 1978, musicians hungry for this absolutely timeless sound can hear the genuine analog power of the MS-20.
- Full-sized MS-20 made by KORG
- Four different color variations in a powder-coated finish
- Provides two types of filter: early model and late model
- Completely reproduces the analog circuitry of the time
- 2VCO / 2VCA / 2VCF / 2EG…
/ 1LFO structure
- External Signal Processor (ESP) to process an external signal
- Patching system provides an extremely high degree of freedom
- MIDI IN connector and USB port are provided
- AC adaptor
- The original is reproduced in every detail, including the package finish and the included manual