Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 2nd Gen
Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 is the perfect rack-mountable centrepiece to your studio. With a total of 18 inputs and 20 outputs, record anything from a drum kit to multiple instruments, vocals, synths and keyboards.
Eight natural-sounding combination input Scarlett mic preamps deliver exceptional headroom, loads of linear clean gain, low noise and minimal distortion. The two inputs on the front panel feature newly-designed instrument inputs with extended headroom. The ADAT expansion ports allow you to add an extra eight analogue inputs and outputs, particularly useful for anyone who wants to record higher channel counts and integrate lots of outboard gear.
Take a closer look at everything the Scarlett 18i8 audio interface has to offer:
When it comes to outputs, Scarlett 18i20 delivers full routing and monitoring flexibility. There are two dedicated TRS jack outputs for studio monitors featuring anti-thump circuitry, plus eight more analogue jack outputs, two stereo pairs providing mirrored independent headphone outputs on the front panel. With MIDI connectivity, you can also integrate your favourite hardware synths with your DAW. Wordclock Out is also on hand for sync'ing to external devices.
Next Generation - Better in Every Way
The second generation Scarlett range is packed full of upgrades. The lowest roundtrip latency in its class (2.74ms*) brings confidence to your performance, letting you record and monitor with software effects in real time. Metal gain controls and a sleeker red metal chassis reassure you of its improved industrial design, built to go anywhere. The Scarlett range also now operates at sample rates all the way up to 192kHz, and the input channels have evolved too. The latest Scarlett mic preamp features a more even gain structure, so you can accurately set your levels, and the instrument input has also been completely redesigned with increased headroom to handle seriously hot guitar pick-ups. Finally, Focusrite have provided analogue protection circuitry across both the inputs and the outputs, guarding your interface against unwanted power surges.
See what's new in the 2nd Generation Scarlett interfaces:
Compare all the Focusrite Scarlett audio interfaces and packages with this video:
Intuitive Mix Control, Red plug-ins and more
The included 'Focusrite Control' is a brand new software mixer for easy configuration of monitoring and routing setups. Simple and intuitive to use, Focusrite Control offers a traditional mixer workflow and allows immediate access to internal hardware functions. Also included are the software and effects you need; an exclusive version of Pro Tools | First - Focusrite Creative Pack (featuring 12 additional plug-ins including the Eleven Lite for real life guitar amp emulations), Ableton Live Lite, the Softube Time and Tone Bundle, Focusrite's Red Plug-In Suite, 2GB of Loopmasters samples and more.
- Eight Scarlett mic preamps with plenty of even gain, exceptional headroom, low noise and minimal distortion
- Two newly-designed instrument inputs, now with increased headroom for seriously hot pick-ups
- Class-leading digital conversion at up to 24-bit / 192kHz
- Lowest roundtrip latency* in its class lets you perform and produce using effects in real time, with no need for DSP
- ADAT expansion ports allow you to add an extra eight analogue inputs and outputs
- Ten balanced analogue outputs, including a dedicated stereo pair with anti-thump circuitry
- Two headphone outputs with dedicated volume controls
- Focusrite Control software to easily configure your monitoring and routing setups
- Includes Pro Tools | First - Focusrite Creative Pack and Ableton Live Lite
- All the additional software and loops you need to record
- Use it with all major DAWs on Mac and PC
- MIDI I/O connectivity, ideal for sending/receiving MIDI
- Stereo S/PDIF In and Out for connecting other digital devices
- Focusrite iOS Control: download the free Focusrite iOS Control app and adjust cue mixes remotely from an iPad, iPhone or iPod touch
- Focusrite Plug-in Collective: Monthly offers with free or discounted plug-ins for registered Focusrite interface owners
What's in the box?
- Scarlett 18i20 (2nd Gen) USB Audio Interface
- USB Cable
- Power Supply
- Bundle code for your free software
*Roundtrip latency was measured at 2.74ms, working at 96kHz with a 32 samples buffer on Logic Pro X, running on a Mac Pro and OS 10.11
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Focusrite products.
- Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite, OS X 10.11 El Capitan
- Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10
- 18i20 (2nd Gen) is class compliant on Mac. Driver will be required for PC.Included Software:
- Focusrite Control - Routing and monitoring application
- Red 2 & 3 Plug-in Suite
- Softube Time & Tone Pack
- Pro Tools First - First Focusrite Creative Pack
- Ableton Live Lite music making software
- 2 GB of Loopmasters sounds and samples
- Novation Bass Station VST and AU plug-in synthesizer
- XLN Audio Addictive Keys virtual instrument
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
- Base Item
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):
Scarlett 18i20 GEN 2
- with Grundorf Studio Series Short Rack Shell (2U)