The Hot Rod Blues Junior IV: Great Sounds Come in Small Sizes!
A lot of punch comes with the compact Fender Hot Rod Blues Junior IV guitar combo amplifier. Loaded with 5 tubes, and pushing 15 watts through a 12" Celestion A-Type speaker, the Blues Junior IV boasts a three-band EQ, separate volume and master volume controls, and a Fat switch for extra gain. This version also makes some improvements to the original Blues Junior design -- smoother spring reverb, better preamp circuitry, and updated aesthetics. This small combo amp weighs in at only 31 pounds, which makes it a great companion for just about any setting. Fire this baby up and take it for an eclectic sonic spin.
The Low-Wattage Advantage
Amps with lower wattages have a distinctive sound of their own. Steve Cropper, Neil Young, Jeff Beck, Joe Walsh, and Keith Richards are just some of the famous names that are known for taking advantage of the warm color of utilizing tubes with lower wattages. Also, lower watts for your amp means that your axe's tone and volume controls will result in more change with just a few turns. You'll be able to do more without having to keep running back to your amp while you're on stage.
Just Enough Controls to Shape Your Signal
To hone your tone to your personal taste, the Fender Hot Rod Blues Junior IV combo amp has volume, treble, bass, middle, master, and reverb controls. Between your volume and treble controls is a Fat switch to thicken up your signal for a little more body. The ivory control knobs rest atop a black non-reflective panel with improved graphics to make reading your settings easier when on stage for quick last-minute adjustments.
Great for Practically Any Setting
Being a low-powered amp doesn't restrict the versatility of the Hot Rod Blues Junior IV. This little combo is great for rehearsal, small shows, and recording sessions. Also, it's not uncommon to see guitarists mic their smaller amps on stage and blast their signal through the PA system. Lower wattage amps have a tone of their own that really can't be reproduced with larger amps with more power.
- One channel with 15 watts of power
- 12" Celestion A-Type speaker
- Fat switch, volume, treble, bass, middle, master, and reverb controls
- Three 12AX7 preamp tubes and two EL84 power tubes
- Rattle-reducing tube shock absorbers
- Dressed in black textured-vinyl covering and lightly-aged silver grille cloth
- Improved spring reverb and preamp circuitry
- Lightweight -- Only 31 pounds!
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Fender products.
- Model Name: Blues Junior IV, Black, 120V
- Model #: 2231500000
- Series: Hot Rod
- Color: Black
- Amplifier Type: Tube
- Control Knobs: Chicken-Head Style Pointer - Ivory
- Amplifier Covering: Black Textured Vinyl
- Voltage: 120V
- Inputs: One - 1/4"
- Cabinet Material: 3/4" Particle Board
- Handle: Molded Plastic Strap with Nickel-Plated Caps
- Grille Cloth: Lightly-Aged Silver
- Speakers: One - 12" Celestion A-Type
- Total Impedance: 8 ohms
- Power Tubes: 2 x EL84
- Preamp Tubes: 3 x 12AX7
- Dimensions: 12x19x20 IN
- Weight: 31 LB
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):