Perfect For Everything from Chicken Pickin' to Hard Rockin'
Just when you thought the Telecaster couldn't get any better, Fender ups the ante with a set of jaw-dropping improvements. The American Standard features a pair of Custom Shop pickups and a comfortable new back contour, combining all the landmark features of the Telecaster with the latest in Fender guitar design. The Tele has always been known for its distinct tonal character and exceptional playability, and the American Standard does not disappoint on any front.
Check out the American Standard Telecaster in this demo video from Fender:
A Telecaster That's Far From Standard
The use of powerful Fender Custom Shop pickups and a modern body contour give this Tele an exceptional feel and tone that is all its own. The masters at Fender's Corona, California facility have outfitted this axe with a Twisted Tele pickup at the neck and a Broadcaster pickup at the bridge. These high-end single-coils do an outstanding job capturing that timeless Tele tone with an even bigger and bolder sound. Even more striking is the inclusion of a form-fitting back contour similar to that of a Jaguar or Strat. The back contour centers the guitar on the player's body, which allows seamless playability even after hours of jamming. The bridge has also been specifically enhanced to increase sustain and ensure tuning stability.
Timeless Telecaster Tone
More than any other classic electric guitar, the Telecaster shines with an unmistakable sound defined by crisp, ringing highs and warm, even mids. In addition to the outstanding Custom Shop pickups, this guitar's use of a maple neck, alder body (ash on the sunburst, natural, and crimson red transparent finishes), and a thinner undercoating create a rich resonance through the entire instrument. The Telecaster is most commonly associated with country, but as rock, blues, funk, and even jazz players can verify, the Telecaster carries a versatile array of tones ready to conquer every genre.
- Fender Custom Shop pickups: Twisted Tele at the neck and Broadcaster at the bridge
- Enhanced bridge for better resonance and stability
- Thinner undercoating improving guitar's resonance
- Comfortable maple neck with modern C-shaped profile and rolled edges
- Ergonomic back contour
- Included hardshell case
The American Standard Tele does an amazing job upholding the legacy set forth by Leo Fender over 60 years ago. With this guitar in hand, it's easy to see why legends like Merle Haggard, Keith Richards, and Andy Summers of the Police chose the Telecaster as their weapon of choice.
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Fender products.
- Series: American Standard
- Body: Alder, Ash on 2-Color Sunburst, Natural, Crimson Red Transparent
- Body Finish: Gloss Urethane
- Neck: Maple
- Neck Finish: Urethane
- Maple Fingerboard: Satin Finish on Back, Gloss Finish on Front
- Neck Shape: Modern C Shape
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5 inches (24.1 cm)
- Frets: 22, Medium Jumbo
- Position Inlays: Black Dot Position Inlays
- Scale Length: 25.5 inches (64.8 cm)
- String Nut: Synthetic Bone, 1.685 inches (42.8 mm)
- Truss Rod: Bi-Flex Truss Rod System
- Truss Rod Nut: 1/8 inch American Series Nut
- Pickups: Custom Shop Twisted Tele Neck, Custom Shop Broadcaster Bridge Pickup
- Switching: 3-Position Blade
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Delta Tone
- Special Electronics: No-Load Tone Control
- Hardware: Chrome
- Tuning Keys: Deluxe Staggered Cast/Sealed Tuning Machines
- Bridge: American Tele with New American Standard Bent Steel Saddles and Stamped Brass Plate
- Strap Buttons: American Series Strap Buttons
- Control Knobs: Knurled Chrome
- Included Accessories: Hardshell case, Cable, Strap, Polishing Cloth
If you have additional warranty questions, please contact the manufacturer at 800-488-1818
Fender USA STD Telecaster, MapleThe Fender American Standard Telecaster electric guitar is a truly timeless classic. Its upgraded features include redesigned bridges, neck and body finishes, and a Fender hardshell case. The American Standard Tele was also created with beloved hand-rolled fingerboard edges, the incredible Fender Custom Shop Twisted Tele (neck) and Broadcaster (bridge) pickups, and staggered tuning machines for tone and stability guaranteed to last a lifetime.
Features- Fender Custom Shop Twisted Tele (neck) and Broadcaster (bridge) pickups
- Solid Alder body or Ash body (2 Color Sunburst, Natural, Crimson Red Transparent only)
- Modern C-shaped maple neck with rich, deep neck tint, satin back and rolled edges
- Delta-tone no-load circuit
- Bent steel Fender saddles
- American Standard Tele Bridge Plate (steel saddles and brass plate) for improved resonance
- Thinner undercoat for improved body resonance