EVH Striped Series Frankie Relic
Widely regarded as the most recognizable electric guitar ever, Eddie Van Halen's iconic and revered Frankenstein guitar now comes your way with a price tag the everyday musician can afford in the form of the EVH Striped Series Frankie.
Sporting Eddie's famed red with white-and-black-striped paint job and a worn-in reliced look, the all-new Frankie features a basswood Stratocaster-style body paired to a graphite-reinforced quartersawn maple neck. An oiled finish on the back of the neck allows for hours of playing comfort, while the 12"-16" compound radius maple fingerboard with 22 jumbo frets was designed for fast and furious playing styles. Routed for an HSS pickup configuration just like Eddie's original, Frankie features an EVH Wolfgang humbucking bridge pickup with a dummy Strat neck pickup and a dummy five-way blade housed in the middle position.
A sturdy and dependable EVH-branded Floyd Rose locking trem and Floyd Rose locking nut work in tandem for precise tuning even with extreme changes in pitch, while the EVH D-Tuna retunes to drop-D and back with strict accuracy at the flick of a finger.
Other unique features include a white skirted Strat-style single volume control knob (labeled "tone"), custom black pickguard, reliced chrome hardware, standard strap buttons and EVH neck plate.
- 25.5" scale length
- Basswood Strat-style body
- Graphite-reinforced bolt-on quartersawn maple neck with an oiled finish on the back and licensed Fender Strat natural headstock
- 12"-16" compound radius maple fingerboard with 22 jumbo frets and black dot inlays
- Direct mount EVH Wolfgang humbucking bridge pickup, dummy Strat neck pickup and a dummy five-way blade housed in the middle pickup position
- EVH-branded Floyd Rose locking trem and locking nut
- EVH D-Tuna
- Skirted Strat-style volume knob that reads "tone"
- EVH-branded neck plate and standard strap buttons
- Black custom Frankie pickguard
- Available in a reliced Red with Black and White Stripes finish with reliced chrome hardware.
zZounds is an authorized dealer of EVH products.
Quartersawn Maple, EVH Backshape .790" @ 3rd Fret, .825" at 12th FretNeck Finish:
Maple, 12"-16" Compound Radius (304.8 mm to 406.4 mm)Frets:
22, JumboPosition Inlays:
Black DotNut (Material/Width):
Floyd Rose Locking, 1.6875" (42.86 mm)Tuning Machines:
25.5" (648 mm)Bridge:
EVH-Branded Floyd Rose Locking Tremolo with EVH D-TunaPickguard:
Black Custom FrankieBridge Pickup:
Direct Mount Wolfgang HumbuckingNeck Pickup:
Dummy StratPickup Switching:
Dummy Five-Way BladeControls:
Stratocaster-Style Skirt (Labeled "Tone")Hardware:
EVH Nickel Plated Steel (.009-.042 Gauges)
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):