EVH Eddie Van Halen Striped Series Frankie Red White Black Relic Electric Guitar

Based on Eddie Van Halen's iconic Frankenstein guitar, the EVH Striped Series Frankie is loaded with a directly mounted Wolfgang humbucker and a D-Tuna.

Overall:
Overall:
Submitted June 1, 2020 by James Bradley in Jacksonville, FL
"I Got Mine"
Pre ordered mid February just hit the door last night..was the only review here I promised I would review again when received and played.. It was great out of the box although I will adjust the string height down.. Still good action very playable and the intonation it's fantastic.. Tremolo mounted straight to the body per Eddie Van Halen's specs and it plays very well and stays at tune even with the strings that it was shipped with... Played thru Marshall DSL 100EVH DistortionEVH PhaseBrown sound coming thru So very easy to get IT to squeal..Frankie's distress looks and feels very authentic.. Much more realistic than I expected.. Bottom line this icon of a look is now in my hands couldn't be happier ..convinced it will cause me to be more motivated to enjoy and play..
5th plane nearly 50 years... played in garage bands all the way to orchestra styled performances..
Rock Blues Gospel Funk
11 of 11 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted February 12, 2020 by James Bradley in JACKSONVILLE, FL
"Frankie relic rocks"
I cannot comment on the authenticity of the guitar in my hand or the playability since I have not received it.not sure if they'll even post my review but I wanted to be the first to review the concept and I have pre-ordered it and can't wait..I almost purchased the striped series guitars since I do love the look but they weren't close enough and I didn't want to attempt to mod.I recently became fascinated again with the concept that a guitar would come out that was affordable and lo and behold it's been released as a pre-order and I didn't know it until yesterday.From what I see in the demonstrations and then NAMN videos and the likeness of the reproduction that's been done I'm just excited once I get my hands on it will tell you about the playability..
40 + years playing guitar and multiple other instruments
Rock and roll blues country gospel
5 of 19 people (26%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted September 5, 2020 by a customer from gmail.com
"RELIC problems"
Guitar looks cool till you really inspect the "Relic" job, It looks like a child did it. In most ares it looks like someone got an ice pick and went to town on it and the got a sander and skipped around the whole perimeter. Looks stupid, not even close to a good relic job. SMH!! I'd pay $800 for something of this nature but would still have to relic it PROPERLY. :(
2 of 8 people (25%) people found this review helpful. Did you?