EarthQuaker Devices Hoof Reaper V2 Pedal
The EarthQuaker Devices Hoof Reaper features our popular Hoof and Tone Reaper fuzz pedals in one handy enclosure with the added bonus of an old school analog octave up. It was originally released as a special limited run item back in 2010 and demand was so high that we decided to reintroduce it back into our line. Capable of creating everything from subtle octave-up overtones through crushing octave squalls that simulate exploding stacks of amps. Each effect can be used individually as well as in series but the order of effects is preset for optimum performance.
Check out EarthQuaker's demo of the Hoof Reaper:
Hoof Reaper Switching Combos
- Hoof Alone
- Reaper Alone
- Octave Alone
- Reaper + Octave
- Hoof + Octave
- Hoof + Reaper
- Hoof + Reaper + Octave
- Use the individual switches to activate the level of mayhem you wish to unleash.
Our flag-ship device! The Hoof is a no-fuss, easy to use device capable of sounds from warm, gritty overdrive to a huge sustaining fuzz. It's a germanium/silicon hybrid muff style fuzz (based on the old green Russian muff) with massive amounts of volume on tap and smooth amp-like sustain. It has a tighter, cleaner sound than most muff's which makes it more cutting and discernible in a band setting. The shift control is the key to the Hoof's character, it alters the frequency response of the tone control. Clockwise scoops the mids and counterclockwise enhances the mids. The Hoof has become the go-to fuzz for many well-known fuzz connoisseurs.
The Tone Reaper is a vintage style fuzz device based on the "3 knob" bender. It's a silicon/germanium hybrid capable of producing a wide range of tones from every bender era with careful tweaking of the tone and fuzz controls. From thin and spitty to thick growling sustain, its all here.
Tone Reaper Controls
- Tone: Treble to the left, Bass to the right
- Fuzz: Controls the sustain and nature
- Level: Controls the output
- Fuzz: Controls Sustain and Gain
- Tone: Treble to the right, Bass to the left
- Level: Controls the output
- Shift: Controls the mid frequencies. More pronounced to the left, scooped to the right.
- Hoof, Reaper, and Octave footswitches upgraded for silent relay-based switching
- Octave switch updated with new flexi switch silent relay based switching for traditional latching or momentary operation.
zZounds is an authorized dealer of EarthQuaker Devices products.
4.75" x 5.65" x 2.25" with knobs- Power:
Our pedals take a standard 9-volt DC power supply with a 2.1mm negative center barrel. We always recommend pedal-specific, transformer-isolated wall-wart power supplies or multiple isolated-output supplies. Pedals will make extra noise if there is ripple or unclean power. Switching-type power supplies, daisy chains and non-pedal specific power supplies do not filter dirty power as well and let through unwanted noise. Do not run at higher voltages!- Current draw:
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):