EarthQuaker Devices Avalanche Run V2
The Avalanche Run was developed with one goal in mind: to take the floating ambient tones of our Dispatch Master to the next level while still keeping it user friendly and refined. Taking you into the aural exploratorium without having to break open the user manual every time you want to open up your inner eye and get free is no easy task. We are using a high powered proprietary DSP platform to recreate all the characteristics of all our old favorite delay and reverb machines while still retaining a simple, yet flexible workspace. It has been a long time coming but well worth the wait!
The Avalanche Run is a dreamy sonic discovery device with up to 2 seconds of delay time and a lush reverb. It features complete control over delay time, repeats, mix and voice (with the tone control), as well as control over the reverb length and mix. It can run in one of 3 different modes: Normal, Reverse and Swell. In "Normal" mode, the Avalanche Run functions as a straightforward delay and reverb. In "Reverse" mode, the delay line is in reverse and the reverb remains in normal mode. In "Swell" mode, the Avalanche Run reacts to your picking dynamics and adds a volume swell to the entire signal path much like manually raising and lowering the volume of your guitar.
The Avalanche Run features an expression jack that can be assigned to one of six different controls using the "EXP" selector switch. It also features Tap Tempo with six different ratios accessed via the "Ratio" selector switch. The Avalanche Run can also be run in "True Bypass" mode or "Buffered Bypass" mode for trails and features 5 different tail lengths including "Infinite" for lo-fi and continuously degrading pseudo-looping.
The Tap switch also has a few other cool secondary functions. While in Normal and Swell mode, you can send the Avalanche Run into self-oscillation by holding down the "Tap" footswitch. In Reverse, mode holding down the Tap switch will flip the delay back into Normal mode and return to Reverse mode once released!
Each and every Avalanche Run is completely assembled, wired and tested by total human beans in the tiny tundra town of Akron, Ohio.
- Time: This controls the delay time and goes from 0ms to just under 2000ms.
- Repeats: Controls the regeneration of the delay, from zero repeats to near infinite.
- Tone: Controls the tone for the delay line only. Roll off highs to the left, roll off lows to the right and get a flat response in the middle.
- Mix: The is the volume control for the delay line. This blends in the wet with dry until 1 o'clock, 1 o'clock to 3 o'clock boosts the wet signal over the dry and 3 o'clock up brings down dry until it is fully wet when all the way up.
- Expression Jack Assign Switch: Use this switch to map the expression jack to one of the assigned controls.
- Decay- Controls the reverb decay length
- R Mix- Controls the reverb mix
- Time- This takes over for the delay time control and is DRASTICALLY different than the interface control. Using the expression pedal to control the time will give you all kinds of wild effects that can not be achieved by turning the knob.
- Repeats- Controls the delay repeats
- D Mix- Controls the delay mix
- Toggle- This takes over for the toggle switch and will cross fade from forward delay in heel down position to reversedelay in toe down position.
- Decay: Controls the decay length of the reverb, short decay counterclockwise, long cavernous decay clockwise.
- Mix: This is the volume control for the reverb. Blends in the wet with dry until 1 O'clock, 1 O'clock to 3 O'clock boosts the wet signal over the dry and 3 O'clock up brings down dry until it is fully wet when all the way up.
- Ratio Selector Switch: Selects delay subdivisions when time is set by the "Tap" switch.
- 1/1- Quarter Note
- 3/4- Dotted 8th
- 2/3- Quarter Note Triplet
- 1/2- 8th Note
- 1/3- 8th Note Triplet
- 1/4- 16th Note
TOGGLE SWITCH (MODE SELECTOR)
- Both: This is the "standard" delay and reverb mode
- Reverse: This is reverse delay mode with "standard" reverb
- Swell: This is the volume swell mode
- Measures: 4.625\0x2033 x 3.7\0x2033 x 2.25\0x2033 with knobs
- Power: Our pedals take a standard 9-volt DC power supply with a 2.1mm negative center barrel. We always recommend pedal-specific, transformer-isolated wall-wart power supplies or multiple isolated-output supplies. Pedals will make extra noise if there is ripple or unclean power. Switching-type power supplies, daisy chains and non-pedal specific power supplies do not filter dirty power as well and let through unwanted noise. Do not run at higher voltages!
- Current draw: is 425 mA.
- Switching: This device is true bypass and uses electronic relay based switching. Audio will not pass without power.
For standard latching operation, tap the footswitch once to activate the effect and then tap again to bypass. For momentary operation, hold the footswitch down for as long as you'd like to use the effect. Once you release the switch the effect will be bypassed.
V2 Updates - January 2018
- New flexi switch silent relay based switching allows for traditional latching or momentary operation
- Updated reverb algorithm for improved stereo imaging
- New custom-built enclosure
zZounds is an authorized dealer of EarthQuaker Devices products.