Mod Your Axe with This Wylde Pair of Active Humbuckers!
As one of heavy metal's most featured lead guitarists, Zakk Wylde has made an assured metal statement with his screeching tone and lightning-fast shredding. Now you can harness the same pickups found in Zakk's infamous signature bullseye Les Paul -- the EMG ZW Zakk Wylde guitar pickup set. This EMG 81 and EMG 85 active humbucker combo projects a beefy and thick tone that cuts through a wall of distortion and cannot not be contained.
Included with this set are two 25k long-shaft volume/tone controls, 2 EMG exclusive Quik-Connect Cables, two 25k split-shaft volume/tone controls, springs and screws, a Zakk Wylde postcard, and an EMG/Zakk-signature collectible guitar pick. Let your shredding begin.
EMG 81 for Your Axe's Neck Position
You could place these baddies in any position you like, but if you want to follow Zakk's lead, then plant your EMG 81 at your guitar's neck. The EMG 81 fuels your signal with a hot active tone that is nice and thick and gives your sound that penetrating fervor you've heard throughout Mr. Wylde's playing.
EMG 85 Bridge Humbucker
Zakk likes to use an EMG 85 as his bridge pickup, and this humbucker knows how to fuel that brighter hotspot. It's forceful and beefy in its sonic character, but it also keeps your bridge sound from being too bright or too twangy. This pickup is versatile and, like your EMG 81, works well for either position on your guitar.
Ceramic and Alnico Magnet Combo in Shielded Casings
Your EMG 81 uses a ceramic magnet. This gives your signal a brighter, more glassy tone to it. Your EMG 85 humbucker uses an alnico magnet, which is very strong and quite durable. It tends to have a rounded-peak tone that cuts through but refrains from sounding twangy or jangly. Both EMG pickups are housed in secure casings, which not only keep out dirt, dust, or sweat from your fingers, but also shield your pickups' circuitry from electrical interference. You'll get all the high-output metal tone you want without any of the hum or buzz.
EMGTV demonstrates how quickly and easily you can install the ZW Zakk Wylde Pickup set:
- Both EMG 81 and 85 active humbuckers are shielded in protective covering
- Versatile pickups for any position
- Ceramic magnet for your EMG 81; alnico magnet for your EMG 85
- Mounting screws and springs included
- Two EMG Quik-Connect cables included
- Two 25k long shaft volume/tone controls included
- Two 25k split shaft volume/tone controls included
- Removable Zakk Wylde Postcard on the box and 1 EMG/Zakk signature collectible guitar pick included
zZounds is an authorized dealer of EMG products.
- EMG Quik-Connect cables (2)
- 25k long shaft volume/tone controls (2)
- 25k split shaft volume/tone (standard) controls (2)
- Mounting screws & springs
- Zakk Wylde Postcard on the box and 1 EMG / Zakk signature collectible guitar pick
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):