Casio PX-860 Privia Digital PianoGet the perfect sound in a compact piano. With the Privia top model, you will see the achievements of AiR technology, showing how these compact design instruments can also develop their full sound potential. All the elements in the sound tones of the PX-860 are completely convincing when the lid of the Privia is opened up. You will appreciate the smallest subtleties of the sound, as it turns the sitting room into a concert hall. Using the "Concert-Play" function, the piano part with keyboard accompaniment can be played. The ebony and ivory touch keys, open-lid function, outstanding Tri-Sensor Scaled Hammer Action Keyboard II and Multi-Dimensional Morphing AiR Sound Source ensure the highest levels of performance and a compellingly proficient instrument.
Features:- Casio's flagship Privia digital piano with opening lid
- 18 tones: Grand Piano (Modern, Classic, Variation), Elec Piano, FM E. Piano, 60's E. Piano, Harpsichord, Vibraphone, Pipe Organ Jazz Organ, Elec Organ 1 & 2, Strings 1 & 2, Bass 1 & 2
- 60 built-in songs to practice or simply listen to
- Metronome and 2-track sequencer for practicing
- 2 headphone jacks
- 3-pedal unit with damper pedal, sostenuto pedal and soft pedal
- USB flash memory port -- connect a USB thumb drive to save songs
- USB interface port -- connect to your PC or Mac for MIDI over USB
- Line-level L and R audio outputs: Plug into a PA or mixing console
- Speakers with 2x 20 Watt amplifier
- Includes AC adapter, headphone hook, score book, and music rest
- Concert Play feature lets you play along with classical orchestral scores
Multi-Dimensional AiR Sound SourceAiR is the acronym for "Acoustic and intelligent Resonator", which is Casio's multi-dimensional sound production engine -- the core of Casio's digital piano technology. The result is the unprecedented, natural-sounding digital reproduction of a grand piano's playing and sound properties. The PX-860's 256-note polyphony -- the number of voices (tones) that a musical instrument can generate at the same time -- is particularly significant when playing on an advanced level, using the pedals or using several timbres at the same time.
Scaled Hammer Action II Keybed with Tri-Sensor KeysThe II in Scaled Hammer Action II indicates that CASIO developed an improved keyboard. "Hammer action" means that the digital piano's keyboard is weighted with small hammers in order to provide realistic touch sensitivity, just like that of a real grand piano. "Scaled" means that the weight of the keys decreases from the low to the high keys, just like with an acoustic instrument. Casio's keyboard action mechanism features three sensors per key that detect the intensity with which the key is struck to reproduce the response of a grand piano. This precise measurement also allows extremely sophisticated playing techniques at a high repetition speed.
Synthetic Ebony and Ivory KeysThe Privia PX-860's fine keyboard design offers the same luxurious, haptic and optic features as genuine ebony and ivory. The carefully roughened surface texture prevents fingers from slipping, even when playing for a long time.
High Resolution Velocity for More Detailed MIDI ControlHigh Resolution Velocity is a technology by CASIO, which is approved by the MIDI Manufacturers Association. Instead of 127 steps, this technology provides 16,000 steps of the keyboard's touch response allowing to realise every nuance of grand pianos' dynamics.
Opening Piano Lid: Play Open, Removed, Half-Open or ClosedThe Privia PX-860 features a real lid that can be opened or closed. This reinforces the impression of an acoustic piano. The Lid Simulator simulates the different sound characteristics (brighter/duller) when playing with an open or closed piano lid. There are four simulation levels to choose from depending on personal taste: open, removed, half open or closed.
String Resonance, Damper Resonance and Key-off SimulatorCasio's unique string resonance system ensures precise simulation of the sympathetic and interacting piano strings for all 88 keys. The nuances generated by pressing the damper pedal ("damper resonance") are authentically replicated. The Key-off Simulator ensures authentic end-of-note characteristics. Whether legato or staccato, the long time it takes for notes to fade when the keys are released softly is emulated with as much richness of nuance as the short fade-out time of notes when keys are released quickly.
Hammer ResponseThe feel of an acoustic piano also comes from the delay between striking the key and the sounding of the string. The size and mass of the hammer head and the time that elapses until it hits the strings are directly linked to the pitch and striking intensity on the keyboard. This mechanical property of an acoustic instrument is reproduced by CASIO's "Hammer Response" technology.
Audio Recording FunctionThe PX-860's audio recording function enables the user to record in professional CD quality onto a USB storage medium or SD card (depending on the instrument). The recording can be burned or played back on every common medium.
Built-in 2-track SequencerA sequencer allows you to record your own ideas and compositions on the instrument (MIDI). It is possible to record and edit several songs with up to 17 tracks per song, depending on the sequencer's size, creating complex arrangements.
Split, Layer, and Duet ModesThe Layer function layers two timbres, such as soft piano sounds combined with bowed string instruments, perfectly suited for ballads as well as slow and romantic songs. Split Mode gives you the possibility of dividing the keyboard into two zones playing differing timbres, e. g. bass with your left hand and piano or vibraphone with your right hand when playing jazz or swing. The Duet Mode feature is designed, just like "Split", to divide the keyboard into two zones. However, in this case, the range and the timbre are identical. This feature allows two musicians to play a piano duet or to practice together on one instrument.
Built-in Reverb, Hall Simulator, Chorus and Brilliance EffectsReverb is a digital effect that puts reverberation on the timbre. With the hall simulator, the acoustic environment of selected famous concert and music halls, cathedrals and arenas can be imitated in detail and naturally by this feature.Chorus is used to double the timbre, making the sound more vibrant, broader and much livelier -- especially for digital piano or organ timbres. Brilliance is used especially with piano timbres; the sound becomes brighter and more powerful.
Scale, Fine Tuning, Transpose and Octave Shift FunctionsTuning based on different scales allows the user to play other sequences of semitones and whole tones, which, for example, enables him to play in old ecclesiastical modes. Fine tune control allows the user to tune the keyboard to another instrument, such as an out of tune piano. The transpose function shifts the scale on the keyboard by a set interval, e.g. so that an F would be played with the C-key. The Octave shift setting shifts the octaves on the keyboard to the more comfortable middle zone when playing pieces of music which require the musician to play on the very low or high zone of the keyboard.
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Casio products.
- Keys: 88 Ebony and Ivory feel
- Keyboard - Action: Tri-sensor Scaled Hammer Action Keyboard II
- Keyboard - Touch Response: 3 sensitivity levels, off
- Keyboard - Key Off Simulator: Yes
- Sound - Source: Multi Dimensional Morphing AiR
- Sound - Polyphony (maximum) : 256
- Tones - Built In: 18 built-in tones: Grand Piano (Modern, Classic, Variation), Elec Piano, FM E. Piano, 60's E. Piano, Harpsichord, Vibraphone, Pipe Organ Jazz Organ, Elec Organ 1 & 2, Strings 1 & 2, Bass 1 & 2
- Tones - Resonance: Hammer, Damper, String
- Tones - Lid Simulator: Yes
- Tones - Layer/Split: Yes
- Digital Effects: Hall Simulator (4 types), Reverb (4 types), Chorus (4 types), Brilliance, DSP (preset for some tones)
- Tunes: 60 Music Library tunes
- Song Expansion (User Tune) : 10
- Ensemble Library: Yes (10 Presets), Concert Play
- Metronome: 0-9 beats; tempo range: 20 to 255
- Recorder (Song Memory) : 2 tracks, 1 song, app' 5,000 notes
- Pedals: 3 pedals (damper/soft/sostenuto)
- Half-pedal Operation (damper) : Yes
- Key Transpose: 25 steps (-12/+12 semitones)
- Tuning Control: A4=440Hz +/-99 cent
- SD Memory Card Slot: Yes
- MIDI: Yes
- Other Functions and Features: GRAND PIANO Buttons (Modern, Classic), ELEC PIANO Button, Selectable Temperament Octave Shift, Operation Lock, Rotary-type Keyboard Cover with Music Stand
- USB: Yes
- Speaker Size: 12cm x 2 + 5cm x 2
- Amplifier: 20W + 20W
- 4 speakers/ 2-way system: Yes
- Size: (W x D x H) (with stand): 53.9" x 11.8" x 33" (1,367 x 299 x 837 mm)
- Weight (with stand) : 35.5 kg
- Accessories: AC Adaptor, Score Book, Front Support
- Stand: Included
If you have additional warranty questions, please contact the manufacturer at 800-435-7732