QSC K8.2 Powered Loudspeaker (2000 W)
The QSC K8.2 Series is quite simply the next standard in powered loudspeakers. To start, each model is equipped with a 2000-watt power module carefully matched to high-performance woofers and compression drivers.
Get a quick overview of the K.2 Series with this video from QSC:
The QSC K8.2 Powered Loudspeaker represents the best-in-class loudspeaker for today's demanding audio professionals. The perfect combination of elegant design, superior audio performance, high functionality, simple and intuitive operation, and genuine QSC reliability, K.2 delivers extraordinary results for users in both portable and installed applications.
Advanced Power and DSP:
The 2000 Watt power module delivers ample burst and continuous power for the loudspeaker's premium drivers. It has been designed with very low-noise fan cooling, enabling the enclosures to be used in settings where background noise must be kept to a minimum. Carefully tailored, subtle and sophisticated dynamics processing is used to protect the drivers from damage and the performance from distortion.
The user may select may select from an extensive list of factory preset EQ contours including Live, Dance, Monitor, and many more.
Savable and recallable Scenes can store information like user EQ, Delay, and input configuration settings.
A pair of balanced combo XLR/F plus 1/4" TRS connectors with independent gain control are provided. The first is equipped with selectable MIC/LINE (Microphone or Line) level input while the second offers selectable HI-Z/LINE (High Impedance or Line) level input, specifically for musical instruments. Both inputs are connected directly to a pair of XLR/M throughput connectors so that the signals may be "daisy-chained" to another audio device. A 3.5 mm TRS input jack with independent gain control is also provided for connection of sources such as smart phones, computers, and MP3 players
In addition to the two throughput XLRs, a line-level output with the mixed signal from all inputs is also provided.(An optional security cover (K-LOC) may be installed to prevent unauthorized tampering of settings)
DMT (Directivity Matched Transition) design matches the coverage angle of the woofer at the cross-over frequency with the horn pattern to ensure uniform response across the coverage area. Intrinsic Correction techniques are also employed ensuring smooth power response from the loudspeaker. The result is an extremely accurate loudspeaker that behaves well in a wide range of acoustic spaces with little or no equalization.
Each model is housed in a rugged ABS enclosure with a professional yet unobtrusive appearance that is at home in any application. Each model can be utilized in either main PA or floor monitor applications, while ergonomic handles and a heavy-duty steel grille with fabric lining further enhance overall appearance and functionality. The dual pole cups allow a zero or 7.5 degree downward tilt when deployed on a pole. This allows for more even coverage across the listening area and less problems due to rear wall reflections. For suspended applications, integrated M10 fittings with a single pullback are included to accommodate M10 eyebolts. An optional yoke mount accessory is also available for permanent installation to walls and ceilings or for temporary attachment to truss (requires 3rd party hardware).
zZounds is an authorized dealer of QSC products.
- Conguration: Multi-purpose, 2-way powered loudspeaker
- LF Transducer: 8" Woofer
- HF Transducer: 1.4" titanium diaphragm compression driver
- Frequency Response (-6 dB): 59 Hz - 20 kHz
- Frequency Range (-10 dB): 55 Hz - 20 kHz
- Nominal Coverage Angle: 105 degree Axisymetric 90 degree Axisymetric 75 degree Axisymetric
- Maximum Rated SPL1: 128 dB @1 M, peak 122 dB @ 1 M, continuous
- Amplifier: Class D
- Peak: 1800 W (LF), 225 W (HF)
- Cooling: Low-noise, variable speed fan
- Controls: Power, 3 x Level, Rotary encoder (push), 2 x selection buttonsIndicators
- Monochrome LCD Display 1.75" x 1"
- 2 x Power LED (front and rear)
- 3 x Input Signal LED
- Input A Mic selected LED
- Input B Hi-Z selected LED Limiter active LEDConnectors
- 2 x locking XLR/F 1/4" combo (Mic/Line Input and Hi-Z/Line Input
- 1 x 3.5 mm TRS (Stereo Input)
- 2 x XLR/M (Loop-thru Output)
- 1 x XLR/M (Mix Output)
- 1 x locking IEC power connectorAdditional Specs
- AC Power Input: Universal power supply 100 - 240 VAC, 50 - 60 Hz
- AC Power Consumption 1/8th Power: 100 VAC, 2.1 A / 120 VAC, 1.9 A / 240 VAC, 1.1 A
- Enclosure Enclosure: Impact Resistant ABS
- Attachment Points: 2 x M10 threaded inserts plus Pull-Back
- Color: Black
- Grille: 18 Gauge powered coated steel, internal cloth lining
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 17.7 x 11 x 10.6 in
- Net Weight: 27 lbs
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
- Base Item
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):
- Warehouse Resealed
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):
- Pair, with Speaker Pack
- Pair with Totes