Boss WL-20L Wireless Instrument System
Part of the Boss WL-20 wireless series, the Boss WL-20L wireless instrument system provides a flat frequency response with no cable tone simulation.
The WL-20L model is functionally identical to the WL-20, with the exception that it eliminates cable tone simulation. This makes it the best choice for instruments where cable capacitance has little or no effect on the tone, such as an acoustic/electric guitar with an onboard preamp, a guitar or bass with active pickups, or a line-level device like a keytar or Roland's Aerophone digital wind instrument. The WL-20L also works great with passive pickups if you don't need the subtle treble roll-off provided by cable tone simulation.
Get to know the Boss WL-20 wireless family in this overview video:
Have you always dreamed about going wireless with your instrument, but were put off by the complicated setup, tone loss, and bulky adds-ons? If so, the WL-20 series is for you! Driven by lightning-fast BOSS tech, these ultra-compact music tools deliver premium sound and plug-and-play operation that completely eliminates all the hassles normally associated with wireless systems.
Learn more about how the WL-20 wireless transmitters and receivers work in this video from Boss:
Once you experience the easy wireless independence provided by the WL-20 series, you'll never go back to using a standard cable again! With no worries about cable management, you're able to move about freely while playing at home, jamming with friends, and performing on stage. During sound check at a gig, you can listen to your tone out front and dial in the best sound for your audience. And with the ability to roam and interact with other musicians, your live shows will be more dynamic and entertaining than ever.
- Plug-and-play wireless systems for guitar, bass, and other electronic instruments
- No complicated setup required—simply dock the transmitter and receiver together for about 10 seconds to set the optimum wireless connection
- Newly developed BOSS technology delivers premium audio performance with rock-solid stability, ultra-low latency (2.3 ms), and 50-foot/15-meter range
- Built-in rechargeable batteries provide up to 12 hours of continuous playing time*
- Simple charging with a standard USB adapter (5 V/500 mA or greater)
- Cable tone simulation reproduces the natural capacitive effect of a 10-foot/3-meter guitar cable (WL-20 model only)
- Spare WL-T Transmitter available separately
- A full charge provides 12 hours of time for the transmitter and 10 hours for the receiver.
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Boss products.
Wireless Format: BOSS proprietary digital audio format
Wireless carrier frequency: 24 GHz
Compatible Channels: 14 (May vary due to local conditions)
Transmission Range: 50 feet line-of-sight (May vary due to local conditions)
Latency: 23 ms
Dynamic Range: 110 dB or greater
Frequency Response: 20 Hz - 20 kHz
Nominal Output Level: -10 dBu
Output Impedance: 1 k ohm
Recommended Load Impedance: 10 k ohms or greater
Indicators: POWER, RECEIVE
- Output plug: 1/4-inch TRS phone type
- TRANSMITTER jack: 1/4-inch TRS phone type
- DC IN 5 V port: USB Micro-B type
- Rechargeable lithium-ion battery
- Supplied from the DC IN 5 V port
- During wireless operation: 60 mA
- While charging: 500mA
Battery charging time:
- Charging only the receiver: Approximately 3 hours
- Charging simultaneously with the transmitter: Approximately 4 hours
Expected battery life under continuous use: Approximately 10 hours
- Owner's Manual
- Leaflet: USING THE UNIT SAFELY
- Micro USB cable for charging: Use a standard USB AC adaptor (5 V/over 05 A) for charging
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):
Most users do not need a license to operate this wireless microphone system. Nevertheless, operating this microphone system without a license is subject to certain restrictions: the system may not cause harmful interference; it must operate at a low power level (not in excess of 50 milliwatts); and it has no protection from interference received from any other device. Purchasers should also be aware that the FCC is currently evaluating use of wireless microphone systems, and these rules are subject to change. For more information, call the FCC at 1-888-CALL-FCC (TTY: 1-888-TELL-FCC) or visit the FCC's wireless microphone website at www.fcc.gov/cgb/wirelessmicrophones
None of the wireless systems we carry are capable of violating the FCC guidelines stated above. We are presenting this information as a matter of legally required disclosure.