Boss VE 5 Vocal Performer Multi Effects
The Boss VE-5 Vocal Performer is a compact and mobile personal effects processor and looper for vocalists. Featuring a simple-to-use tabletop design that can be easily attached to a mic stand for performing, the VE-5 is perfect for singers, rappers, beatboxers, webcasters, and anyone that wants to have fun with processing vocal sounds. Its physical design is small and light, yet its effects are heavyweight class, derived from the popular VE-20 Vocal Performer. With battery operation and built-in phrase looping, the VE-5 is also an ideal tool for street performers who want to bring a dimension of creativity to their act.
Simple and Intuitive Operation
From beginners to professionals, all singers can enjoy great results with the VE-5. Even technophobes or non-musicians will embrace this creative processor, thanks to its simple, intuitive operation. The handy Favorite Sound function, for example, lets you instantly access your preferred sounds with a press of button.
The VE-5 is suited for a variety of settings. It's perfect for live performers, and the included mount lets you attach it to any standard microphone stand. Some of the VE-5's functions can even be controlled by footswitches, which is great for hands-free operation. When powered by batteries, the VE-5 becomes an ideal tool for street performance, and it also fits beautifully in homes and studios as a tabletop processor.
Great Presets and High-Quality Effects
The VE-5 has six types of high-quality effects and various special processing, all inherited from the VE-20. Enhance your vocals with smooth Reverb or Delay, or control the level with the Dynamics function. Thicken your voice with the Double/Harmonizer and correct intonation problems with Pitch Correct. Use the onboard Distortion, Radio, and Strobe for unique and impactful special effects. You can even create iconic pitch-correct / hard-tune effects -- a staple of many modern hip-hop and pop hits.
Built-In Phrase Looper
Have fun layering and looping your voice with the VE-5's built-in Phrase Looper. You can generate harmonies with yourself in real time, or jam over your own looped beatboxing. This creative feature greatly expands the potential of real-time vocal performance.
- Easy one-touch operation
- Six types of high-quality vocal effects inherited from the VE-20 Reverb, Delay, Double/Harmony, Dynamics, Pitch Correct, and Tone/SFX
- Phrase Looper adds impact to real-time vocal performances, including harmonizing and layered beatboxing
- Favorite Sound function provides immediate access to preferred sounds
- Ideal for live performance, as well as tabletop setups; mic-stand mount included
- Internal microphone for instant gratification
- Aux input for blending external music
- Battery operation for street performance (AC adapter sold separately)
Check out this video of the VE-5 in action brought to you by Boss:
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Boss products.
- Nominal Input Level: MIC IN: -40 dBu (MicSens = 40) AUX IN: TBD
- Input Impedance: MIC IN: 4 k ohms AUX IN: 22 k ohms
- Nominal Output Level: XLR OUT: -40 dBu PHONES/LINE: TBD
- Output Impedance: XLR OUT: 600 ohms PHONES/LINE: 66 ohms
- Memory: Sound: 50
- Effect Types: DYNAMICS, PITCH CORRECT, TONE/SFX, DOUBLE/HARMONY, DELAY, REVERB
- Phrase Loop
- 38 sec. (Mono only)
- Display: 16 characters, 2 lines (backlit LCD)
- Connectors: MIC IN jack/XLR type (balanced, phantom power: DC 48 V, 10 mA Max), 1/4 inch TRS phone type (balanced) AUX IN jack (Stereo miniature phone type) XLR OUT jack (XLR type) PHONES/LINE jack (Stereo miniature phone type) CTL 1, 2 Jack (1/4" TRS phone type) DC IN Jack (DC 9 V)
- Power Supply: Rechargeable Ni-MH Battery (AA, HR6) or Alkaline (AA, LR6) x 4, AC Adaptor (PSA series: sold separately)
- Current Draw: TBD
- Expected battery life under continuous use
- Rechargeable Ni-MH Battery (AA, HR6): TBD Alkaline (AA, LR6) : TBD * These figures will vary depending on the specifications of the batteries and the actual conditions of use. * Using phantom power will increase the power consumption, drastically shortening the battery life. Please use an AC adaptor when using phantom power.
- Accessories: Owner's Manual Leaflet (USING THE UNIT SAFELY, IMPORTANT NOTES, and Information) Mic Stand Holder (Screw x 2, Washer x 2, Spring Washer x 2) Audio Cable (Stereo Miniature Phone Type, Cable Tie Attached) Alkaline Battery (AA, LR6) x 4
- Options (sold separately): AC Adaptor (PSA series) Footswitch (FS-5U, FS-6)
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):