A Modern Boutique Experience for Serious Players
Professional 80-watt stage amp with authentic tube sound and feel, innovative power amp voicing, and a custom Waza B12W speaker with classic "blue bell" tone.
Fueled by BOSS's acclaimed Tube Logic approach, the Nextone Special delivers premium sound, feel, and tonal versatility for stage players who demand the best. Fusing forward-thinking innovation with boutique design features and detail, this professional stage amplifier offers deep sound-shaping controls, enhanced reactive drive power amp circuitry with selectable voicing, a custom Waza speaker with vintage "blue bell" tone, and much more. The Nextone Special provides a refined playing experience that stands alongside the finest tube amplifiers, enhanced with key modern advantages like variable power control, consistent sound, and maintenance-free operation.
Hand-Crafted Tube Sound and Feel
The Nextone Special represents the latest generation of BOSS's ongoing Tube Logic development, giving experienced players a premium-grade amplifier realized through years of expertise, careful component selection, and detailed craftsmanship. Tube Logic reproduces the complex interactive behaviors of classic tube designs in every way, providing authentic sound and feel with punchy attack, natural compression, dynamic speaker response, and big onstage presence. The amp also debuts BOSS's custom Waza B12W speaker, which combines the tone of sought-after "blue bell" speakers from…
the 1960s with modern power handling capacity.
Next-Generation Power AmpA standout of the Nextone series is its innovative analog power amp design and selectable EL84, EL34, 6V6, and 6L6 class AB circuits. BOSS further expands the power amp features with the Nextone Special, taking things to an all-new level. Enhanced reactive drive circuitry refines the all-important power section/speaker interaction, putting even more expressive feel under your fingers. Onboard voicing controls let you fine-tune the response to your playing style, with even deeper tweaks available via the Nextone Editor. And with the variable power control, you can always ride in the "sweet spot," whether performing in small venues or on the biggest stages.
Features:- Professional performance amplifier with 80 watts of power
- Authentic tube amp sound and feel, realized with BOSS's continually evolving Tube Logic approach
- Enhanced reactive drive power amp circuitry and carefully selected components throughout
- Custom Waza B12W 12-inch speaker delivers classic "blue bell" tone with rich lows, mellow mids, and clear highs
- Four analog Class AB power amp circuits, selectable for each channel: 6V6, 6L6, EL84, and EL34
- Independent Clean and Lead channels with selectable American and British EQs, built-in effects, and advanced power amp voicing controls
- Five-way power control for cranked-up sound and dynamic response at any volume
- Extra Headroom switch for added punch when the power control is wide open
- Switchable Solo function with level control
- Onboard boost, delay, tremolo, and reverb effects, plus loop for patching in external effects
- Three Tone Setting memories for storing and recalling customized amp and effect settings
- External speaker jacks: one 8 ohm and two 16 ohm
- Line, USB, and phones/recording outputs with cab IR
- Support for direct recording and re-amping via USB
- Character Shape for each tube type available in the Nextone Editor, enabling deep tone optimization at the power amplifier's core
- External control support via GA-FC foot controller, footswitches, and MIDI