Behringer DCX2496 Crossover
The Behringer Ultradrive Pro DCX2496 is the ultimate digital loudspeaker management system with an unheard-of audio quality and feature list. It is an indispensable tool for the precise set-up of multiple loudspeaker systems or arrays. Installation contractors, live-sound engineers, cinemas/discotheques/concert hall operators will quickly learn to love this model's rich features. Signals can be split in various ways to assure precise sound by using the optimal frequency range of each loudspeaker.
Check out Behringer's video demo of the DCX2496 Ultradrive Pro Digital Crossover System:
- 3 analog inputs (one suitable as digital stereo AES/EBU input) and 6 analog outputs for maximum flexibility
- High-end AKM 24-bit/96 kHz A/D and D/A converters for ultimate signal integrity and wide dynamic range (113 dB)
- Integrated sample rate converter for easy connection of external digital signals with sampling rates from 32 to 96 kHz
- Precise dynamic EQs for level-dependent equalization and extremely musical parametric EQs, selectable for all inputs and outputs
- Several types of EQs (LP/BP/HP) for each input and output
- "Zero"-attack limiters on all output channels for optimal speaker protection
- 4 different mono and stereo output operating modes
- Individual crossover filter types (Butterworth, Bessel and Linkwitz-Riley) with selectable roll-off characteristics from 6 to 48 dB/octave
- Adjustable delays for all inputs and outputs-allow manual or automatic correction for room temperature, phase and arrival time differences
- Additional sum signal derived from the A/B/C inputs offers a 4th internal input signal
- Future-proof Ultradrive Pro software enables single or multi remote control via PC through RS-232 and RS-485 interfaces
- Link option via RS-485 network interface enables cascading of several Ultradrive Pros
- 60 user-defined internal presets storable via PC software
- Open architecture assures easy software updates
- Low-noise 4580 operational amplifiers for outstanding audio performance
- Servo-balanced, gold-plated XLR connectors for all inputs and outputs
- High-quality components and exceptionally rugged construction for long life and durability
- Internal switch-mode power supply for maximum flexibility (100 - 240 V~), noise-free audio, superior transient response plus lowest possible power consumption
- Manufactured under ISO9000 certified management system
Start with its 3 analog inputs (one suitable as a digital stereo AES/EBU input) and 6 analog outputs. You get maximum flexibility in just one rack space. Superb high-end AKM 24-bit/96 kHz A/D and D/A converters give you ultimate signal integrity and an extreme dynamic range of 113 dB. Easy connection of external digital signals with sampling rates from 32 to 96 kHz is a breeze with the integrated sample rate converter. There are precise dynamic EQs for level-dependent equalization and extremely musical parametric EQs, selectable for all inputs and outputs, and 'Zero'-attack limiters on all output channels guarantee optimal signal and loudspeaker protection.
You also get 4 different mono and stereo output operating modes, all with individual crossover filter types (Butterworth, Bessel and Linkwitz-Riley) with selectable roll-off characteristics from 6 to 48 dB/octave. The delays for all inputs and outputs are adjustable. This allows you to manually or automatically correct for room temperature, phase and arrival time differences. An additional sum signal is easily derived from the A/B/C inputs.
Now that remote control is such a hot topic, you'll be glad that the future-proof Behringer Ultradrive Pro software enables single or multi remote control via PC through RS-232 and RS-485 interfaces. And the link option via RS-485 network interface enables cascading of several Ultradrive Pros. A Windows-based editing software is available for download free of charge. No matter what the future brings, its open architecture assures easy software updates.
But don't be fooled by the Behringer DXC2496 Ultradrive Pro's sleek design. Its high-power Sharc-DSPs and high resolution Crystal/AKM A/D & D/A converter provide outstanding audio performance -- and the servo-balanced, gold-plated XLR connectors for all inputs and outputs guarantee excellent connectivity for the years to come.
Does Your PA Need a Frequency Crossover Network?
To operate a loudspeaker system that consists of several speakers for the various frequency bands requires different input signals for the individual loudspeakers. This requires a frequency crossover network that divides the input signal into several frequency bands. For this purpose, the ULTRADRIVE provides up to six outputs. Multi-way speaker systems are used in many applications—including stereo systems, cinemas, discotheques and concert halls. Due to the high quality demands made by today’s consumers, they can even be found in “simple” products such as TV sets. Why? A single loudspeaker cannot reproduce the entire audible frequency spectrum with the same high quality. If it is connected to a crossover network and only has to reproduce a limited frequency band, the quality will improve considerably in terms of frequency response and dispersion pattern. This also reduces intermodulation distortion in the treble range (due to the diaphragm displacement produced by bass frequencies).
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Behringer products.