Audio-Technica BPHS1 Broadcast Headset
The Audio-Technica BPHS1 Broadcast Stereo Headset has closed-back circumaural (around-the-ear) ear cups and a professional boom-mounted microphone that can be worn on either side. It is designed for news and sports broadcasting, announcing and interviews.
The headset's microphone has a cardioid polar pattern tailored for pickup of speech with maximum voice intelligibility over a wide range of frequencies. It is more sensitive to sound originating directly in front of the element, making it useful in reducing pickup of unwanted sounds. The flexible gooseneck boom swivels for easy positioning on either the right or left side.
The dual earphones offer an extended frequency response of 20-20,000 Hz and smooth, natural sound reproduction. At the heart of each earpiece, a 40 mm neodymium driver offers impressive power handling for high maximum sound pressure levels. Generously padded circumaural ear cups provide acoustic isolation and long-wearing comfort; the adjustable headband is also crafted and cushioned for listening comfort.
The headset includes a user-replaceable detachable 3.3 m (10.8') cable terminating in two output connectors, one each for the microphone and headphone: the microphone output is a 3-pin XLRM-type connector; the headphones' output is a 3-conductor 1/4" connector. Three windscreens are also included to protect against noise from breath and wind.
- Microphone features polar pattern and frequency response tailored for natural, highly intelligible vocal reproduction
- Closed-back circumaural ear cups help seal out crowd noise and other background distractions
- Neodymium magnets in microphone and headphones for high output level & detailed sound reproduction
- Cardioid pickup pattern of the dynamic microphone rejects off-axis sounds
- Boom-mounted microphone can be positioned on the left or right side
- Adjustable cushioned headband and lightweight design for long-wearing comfort
- Rugged design with user-replaceable cable and ear pads
- Detachable cable (BPCB1) terminates in 3-pin XLRM-type connector for microphone and 1/4" 3-conductor for headphone
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Audio-Technica products.
- Type: Closed-back Dynamic (Headphone), Cardioid Dynamic (Microphone)
- Driver Diameter: 40 mm (Headphone)
- Magnet: Neodymium (Headphone)
- Voice Coil: Copper-clad aluminum wire
- Frequency Response: 20-20,000 Hz (Headphone), 40-20,000 Hz (Microphone)
- Maximum Input Power: 1,600 mW at 1 kHz
- Sensitivity: 100 dB (Headphone)
-57 dB (1.4 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa (Microphone)
- Impedance: 65 ohms (Headphone), 560 ohms (Microphone)
- Weight: 264 g (9.3 oz)Dimensions:
- (3.23") wide (earcup)
- (1.81") wide (headband)
- (7.09") long (boom), microphone extended
- (0.94") diameter (microphone)
- Cable: 3.3 m (10.8') long with 8-pin connector at headset end; 3-pin XLRM-type connector (microphone) and 6.3 mm (1/4") phone plug (headphone) outputs
- 3 windscreens; spare connector screw Accessories Included
- Weight (9.3 oz)
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):