Antelope Audio Orion Studio Synergy Core
The Antelope Audio Orion Studio Synergy Core is a major step forward for Antelope's workhorse Orion series of audio interfaces, designed to be the heart of your professional recording studio for years to come. Hot-rodded with Antelope Audio's future-proof Synergy Core FX processing platform, this updated Orion Studio is loaded with 2 FPGA and 6 DSP chips working in harmony to run Antelope's vast library of effects plug-ins. You get 50 of Antelope's top FX bundled with the hardware, including spot-on models of vintage analog gear and a killer collection of guitar amp and cabinet emulations.
With Thunderbolt 3 and USB connectivity, 12 of Antelope's Discrete microphone preamps, extensive analog and digital I/O, upgraded digital-to-analog converters with dynamic range up to 130 dB, and unprecedented FX processing power onboard, the Orion Studio Synergy Core is a well-oiled machine -- up for any recording or mixing project your studio throws its way.
Check out the Antelope Audio Orion Studio Synergy Core Interface:
Synergy Core: FPGA + DSP = Future-Proof Effects Processing
With 6 DSP + 2 FPGA chips under the hood running a massive effects library by Antelope Audio and platform partners, the Orion Studio Synergy Core frees up your host Mac or PC to record and playback more tracks strapped with CPU-hungry virtual instruments and effects. Take on big projects, build intricate mixes, reduce latency, shorten buffer size, and keep your system stable -- all thanks to Antelope's state-of-the-art Synergy Core dedicated FX processors. With massive processing potential onboard, this Orion can grow with your studio.
50 Antelope FX Included
The Orion Studio Synergy Core unlocks 50 of Antelope's top real-time effects plug-ins. Right out of the box you get mic preamp emulations, compressors, EQs, reverb, and guitar amp and cabinet models to bring your tracks to life. And thanks to Synergy Core architecture, you've got the processing muscle to run all the simultaneous FX your sessions need.
Thunderbolt 3 + USB Connectivity
A cross-platform audio interface for Windows or Mac, Orion Studio Synergy Core offers both USB and Thunderbolt 3 connection to your DAW host computer. You can even power/charge your MacBook from the Orion Studio Synergy Core.
130 dB Dynamic Range D/A for Critical Listening
Why trust your projects to anything less than the best D/A converters? The Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core delivers 130 dB dynamic range on both pairs of monitor outs -- which can run simultaneously, or in A/B mode.
12 Discrete Microphone Preamps + Direct Inputs
The Orion Studio Synergy Core gives you 12 mic preamps based on Antelope's ultra-linear Discrete MP standalone preamplifier, with 75 dB of pristine gain. Recording line-level signals? The Orion Studio Synergy Core's Direct In hard-bypasses the mic pres, directly sailing into the A/D converters with 124 dB dynamic range. Get ready to hear the truth.
Digital Patch Bay for Pro Studios
Send audio anywhere you need it with the digital patchbay and latency-free mixer in your Orion Studio Synergy Core's software control panel. As the "brain" of your pro studio, this interface gives you robust, flexible tools for routing and monitoring.
Antelope's 4th Generation Acoustically Focused Clocking
Antelope Audio is renowned for building rock-solid digital audio clocks found in top recording studios and broadcast facilities around the globe. The Orion Studio Synergy Core wouldn't be an Antelope interface if it didn't deliver world-class clocking. With Word Clock I/O, the Orion Studio Synergy Core syncs up your studio with Antelope's 4th Generation Acoustically Focused Clocking, employing 64-bit DDS to keep your audio in lockstep at up to 192 kHz.
- Rackmount Thunderbolt 3 & USB audio interface with 12 Discrete mic preamps
- Synergy Core processing platform with 2 FPGA + 6 DSP chips
- 2 pairs of monitor outputs run concurrently or in A/B mode with 130 dB dynamic range
- 30 simultaneous inputs x 22 simultaneous outputs
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Antelope Audio products.
8 x Mic / Line Inputs / Direct In
4 x Mic / Line / Hi-Z Inputs / Direct InAnalog Inserts:
2 x Inserts on TRS (inputs 1,2)Analog Outputs:
- 2 x Monitor Out on TRS 1/4 Jacks: Can work both simultaneously and in A/B mode
- 2 x ReAmp Out on TRS 1/4 Jacks
- 2 x Line Out (16 channels) on DB25, +20 dBu max, impedance balanced
- 2 x Stereo Headphone Outputs
- D/A Monitor ConverterDynamic Range:
130 dBTHD + N:
-115 dBA/D Converter
Dynamic Range: 124 dB
THD + N: -112 dBD/A Converter
Dynamic Range: 128 dB
THD + N: -115dBDiscrete Mic Preamps
EIN: -128 dBuDynamic Range:
-106 dBMax input:
+20 dBuMax Gain:
75 dBDigital Inputs
- 2 x ADAT (up to 16CH)
- 1 x S/PDIF on RCADigital Outputs
- 2 x ADAT (up to 16CH)
- 1 x S/PDIF on RCA
- USB 2.0 Hi-Speed
- USB 2.0 Type B connector
(up to 24 channels)
- Thunderbolt 3 I/O
- Thunderbolt 3 connector
(up to 32 channels)CLOCKINGWord Clock Input:
1 x Input @ 75 Ohms 3Vpp on BNC 32 - 192kHzWord Clock Outputs:
1 x Outputs @ 75 Ohms 3Vpp on BNC 32 - 192kHzClocking System:
-4th Generation Acoustically Focused Clocking
- 64-bit DDS
- Oven-controlled crystal oscillatorClocking Stability:
<+/-0.02 ppm, oven controlled at 64.5 degrees C/ 148.1 degrees FClock Aging:
< 1 ppm per yearClock Calibration:
<+/-0.001 ppmSample Rates:
44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, 192 (kHz)
0-50 degrees C, 32-122 degrees FWeight:
3.1 kg/ 6.83 lbs (Approx.)Dimensions (Approx.):Width:
483 mm / 19"Height:
44 mm / 1.7"Depth:
220 mm /8.6"Electrical specsDC Universal input:
25 Watts Max
In the box
- Orion Studio Synergy Core Thunderbolt 3 and USB AD/DA Interface with 12 Discrete Mic Pres
- Quick Start Guide
- Warranty Card
- 1 In-Line DC Power supply
- 1 USB cableSystem Requirements:
- PC: Computer with Thunderbolt 3 and/or USB ports
- OS: Windows 10 x64 with the latest updates
- RAM: 4GB minimum (8GB or more recommended)
- CPU: Intel Core i3 or AMD FX and higher
- Model: Apple Mac 2012 or newer Thunderbolt 3 and/or USB ports
- OS X: macOS 10.12 (Sierra) and higher - Recommended macOS 10.14 (Mojave)
- Memory: (RAM)4GB minimum (8GB or more recommended)
- Additional Info: Internet connection required for product activation.
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
- with Antelope Edge Duo + 4 Verge Modeling Mics
- Base Item
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):