Akai Force Grid-Based Production System
Redefine your expectations. Akai's Force blurs the lines between contemporary music production solutions and next-generation DJ performance technology, setting the precedence for a new industry standard.
Get a closer look at the Force in this video from Akai:
Fusing clip-launching, step sequencing, sampling, four built-in synth engines and tactile touch screen control into a standalone, performance-driven device, Force combines must-have modern functionality with an ultra-intuitive workflow that harnesses your creativity for maximum expressive capability.
- Multi-Touch Display: The heart of your Force experience. Launch Clips, browse your sounds, edit MIDI data, manipulate samples, apply XYFX, sculpt synth sounds and much more all from Force's 7-inch full color capacitive multi-touch display
- Matrix: Tactile control for an unrestricted creative flow. Trigger scenes/clips, step sequence, finger drum in MPC 16 Pad Mode and play note data with an expandable 8X8 clip launch matrix with radiant RGB backlighting
- Control: Discover new ways to enhance your performance via 360-degree rotary encoders with OLED feedback - smart assignments and dual banks provide immediate real-time access to all core controls or link to any assignable parameter for a truly customized experience. Capture and playback any changes with real-time FX automation.
- Command: Experience total control of your performance. Navigate your project, control clip/scene playback and access critical mix control (mute/solo/cue) right from the hardware with Force's ergonomically-positioned controls
- The INS: Load your samples from either USB Thumb Drives or SD Cards - there's even a dedicated SATA drive bay for internal storage expansion. Capture audio with (2) XLR / 1/4-inch combo inputs, switchable to line/instrument level
- The Outs: Route your audio to two stereo 1/4-inch outputs, selectable per track within Force's UI. Take control of your modular gear with four independent cv/gate outputs and unite your peripheral MIDI equipment courtesy of MIDI In/Out/Through ports.
- Play: The ultimate side-cart and a solo centerpiece in its own right. Force provides the pinnacle in liberated performance capability that roots your focus on delivering the ultimate performance, whatever your next set demands.
- Remix: Seamlessly Import stems, loops and on-shots into Force's 8x8 clip matrix and set playback modes including loop and trigger settings to remix and reimagine your tracks on the fly.
- Mashup: Import multiple stems, then tune and time-stretch your content for immense mash-up potential - all content syncs to your master BPM so you never miss a beat.
- DJ: Seamlessly assign tracks to Force's crossfader, load full tracks, stems or loops to Force's 8x8 matrix - fuse with scene/clip payback for an unrestricted DJ experience.
- XYFX: Add impressive flair to your sets by harnessing the power of Force's multi-touch display and on-board XYFX. Apply filter, modulation and beat repeat effects in real time to individual tracks, select outputs or tracks.
- Ableton Link Compatible: Connect Force to your wireless network and sync your project with any Ableton Link compatible application or hardware device, including our iconic MPC Series
- Real-Time Time Stretching & Pitch-Shifting: Never miss a beat, thanks to Force's dual custom real-time time stretch algorithms and auto BPM detection for effortless syncing of all audio within your project to your master BPM.
- Cue Mix: The perfect drop! Prep your mix with dedicated cue assign controls and a cue mixer for all audio assigned to outputs 3/4
- Perform: At the heart of Force is an intuitive clip-centric workflow that forms the creative core of your performance. Combine multiple Modes with Plugin Tracks, MPC Style Drum Tracks, Audio Tracks, Keygroup Tracks, MIDI Tracks and CV Tracks to define Clip types, then sculpt Clips via step sequencing, drum pad performances and note data
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Akai products.
- Standalone - no computer required
- 8x8 clip launch matrix with RGB LEDs
- 7" color Capacitive multitouch display
- Mic / Instrument / Line Inputs, 4 Outputs
- MIDI In / Out / Thru via 1/8" TRS inputs (5-pin din adapters included)
- 4 configurable CV/Gate Outputs to integrate your modular setup
- 8 touch-sensitive knobs with graphical OLED displays
- 16GB of on-board Storage (over 10 gigs of sound content included)
- 2 GB of RAM
- Full-Size SD card Slot
- User-expandable 2.5" SATA drive connector (SATA or HDD)
- 2 USB 3.0 slots for thumb drives or MIDI controllers
Controller Mode system requirements:
- Windows 8.1 or newer
- Available USB 3.0 port
- Mac 10.12 or newer
- Available USB 3.0 port
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):